Eat Pokemon?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Lans

But then we don't eat all type of animal that exist. We just eat what we're used to eat, like beef, chicken or pork. I think it's also the same with pokemons, some are in the menu some are unthinkable to eat.
ORegan

Wingnut wrote:
ORegan wrote:...so they eat puppies? Wingnut must be from poke-world then :p
:?:
I don't get it.
In one of Lalahghost's "Anonymous Mod Survey" someone asked what mod they disliked the most and why. Someone said "Wingnut, he eats puppies" and the picture of the dog and my need to make a comment about it made me remember it as opposed to being racist and saying something about other people eating dogs.

And I think Auriga is right about magikarp. On the same episode where people are thinking about eating magikarp, I think the pokedex mentions that it's nearly 100% bones and scales.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
wing zero alpha

Actually that was Misty, but she only mentioned it after Meowth tried to take a bite out of it.
ORegan

I stopped paying attention to the show about 8 years ago, so that was pretty close in my mind :P So if pokemon are aliens, how long have they been around for some to be extinct, and others to be living for 100s of year.

and mew seems like he'd have tender meat...like veil!
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Z

ORegan wrote:I stopped paying attention to the show about 8 years ago, so that was pretty close in my mind :P So if pokemon are aliens, how long have they been around for some to be extinct, and others to be living for 100s of year.
The Pokealiens theory was pretty much debunked by later Pokemon games though, because the creation of the seas, continents, time itself and even the entire universe has been attributed to the legendaries of the newer games - ending with Arceus, the creator god of the pokemon universe.

They could be considered aliens because they weren't originally born on the Pkm Earth, but they created it and were around since the beginning, so I don't think that's the right way to classify them.
ORegan

Z wrote:The Pokealiens theory was pretty much debunked by later Pokemon games though, because the creation of the seas, continents, time itself and even the entire universe has been attributed to the legendaries of the newer games - ending with Arceus, the creator god of the pokemon universe.

They could be considered aliens because they weren't originally born on the Pkm Earth, but they created it and were around since the beginning, so I don't think that's the right way to classify them.
how the hell are you suppose to catch "god" or his equivalent? He could easily make you and all your pokemon not exist....this is getting offtopicish but that deserves an answer dammit!
Destroy Gundam

It's quite simple. The master ball can catch anything without fail, and apparently that would include gods.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Zeonic Glory

But Masterballs are almost rare enough to have been made from the Lance of Longinus....
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Kavik Ryx

Hey, considering that Lance's size, that's defiantly a lot of balls. Though to continue on some other Futurama references, maybe most pokemon just taste awful. Cause let's not forget that the only reason we don't eat people is because we taste bad. I wouldn't be surprised if Ratatack and Pikachu are a "delicious" as the Ganymede Sea Rat.
Zeonic Glory

Not the one from NGE. I'm talking about the human-use-sized one.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Omnislasher

Kavik Ryx wrote:Cause let's not forget that the only reason we don't eat people is because we taste bad.
Besides morality you mean...
I'd like to think I'm a forgiving person...

...but thought and action are two different things...
Kavik Ryx

Omnislasher wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:Cause let's not forget that the only reason we don't eat people is because we taste bad.
Besides morality you mean...
err...yes...(runs away, throws down copy of A Modest Proposal)
neolordmaxwell

ORegan wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
ORegan wrote:...so they eat puppies? Wingnut must be from poke-world then :p
:?:
I don't get it.
In one of Lalahghost's "Anonymous Mod Survey" someone asked what mod they disliked the most and why. Someone said "Wingnut, he eats puppies" and the picture of the dog and my need to make a comment about it made me remember it as opposed to being racist and saying something about other people eating dogs.

And I think Auriga is right about magikarp. On the same episode where people are thinking about eating magikarp, I think the pokedex mentions that it's nearly 100% bones and scales.
I think it's asking a bit much to have that kind of continuity in a childrens show. In fact, if I recall correctly, the episode that showed somebody eating a magicarp and the episode where this was stated to be impossible were somewhere in the area of 30 episodes in part.

One gag doesn't have to follow another.
ORegan

um, we already established that they weren't eating magikarp, instead, thinking about doing so...until Misty opened her big mouth.
Kavik Ryx

Even the idea that the would have shows something. I mean, at least with humans you can wait a couple days before turning to cannibalism...unless...
Haros_Pet_Kat

Mmm... Self-cooking Torchics...
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Phantomexe87

There's a lot of mysteries in the Pokémon world. For example do Pokémoon poop? I mean, sure we see them eat, but where does it go? Can you imagine getting 'Zapdos Poo' on your car? Be like hitting a deer.
Haros_Pet_Kat

Phantomexe87 wrote:There's a lot of mysteries in the Pokémon world. For example do Pokémoon poop? I mean, sure we see them eat, but where does it go? Can you imagine getting 'Zapdos Poo' on your car? Be like hitting a deer.
This is the answer.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
neolordmaxwell

ORegan wrote:um, we already established that they weren't eating magikarp, instead, thinking about doing so...until Misty opened her big mouth.
As I had stated, a fried magicarp was being eaten several episodes prior to misty stating that such a thing should be impossible. This was shown during a festival, ash was eating something that was clearly a large fried magikarp.
ORegan

Could also be just a big fish, or a goldeen. magikarp isn't the only fish pokemon.