Beltorchika's Children

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NastyNate

Beltorchika's Children

Has anyone heard of Beltorchika's Children. I guess it was some kind of novel that char's counter attack was based on. In this novel amuro and beltorchika are going to have a kid. Does anyone know about this book and who thinks that the movie should be more like the novel.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Zerosystem

Re: Beltorchika's Children

All the info you'd need, besides MAHQ's mecha profiles. Also includes chapter summaries.

http://side7.gundam.com/rgz/novel/cca/bc.html

All I remember is that Beltorchika is pregant with Amuro's child, and it's already a strong newtype, at that.
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
NastyNate

Do you think they should have kept Beltorchika being pregnant with amuro's kid? Because I do and I think they should have kept other ellements from the book like Hi-Nu Gundam.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Arbiter GUNDAM

Is Beltorchika more likable in this book? 'Cause she really irked the crap out of me when I saw her in Zeta Gundam. I ask because I don't have time at the moment to look at the link.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
toysdream

Technically, Char's Counterattack isn't based on Beltorchika's Children. Both works are actually based on "Mobile Suit Gundam: High-Streamer," a serial novel that was published in Animage magazine from May 1987 to April 1988.

When the decision was made to turn High-Streamer into a movie, Tomino drew up a new story outline which added Beltorchika and turned Amuro into a family man. The sponsors didn't like the idea, and reverted to the original High-Streamer storyline, but Tomino decided to write a new novel based on his rejected movie plot.

I'm not sure why High-Streamer is so often overlooked. Not only is it a much closer match for the movie story, but it also includes an entire volume of back story leading up to the movie events, which describes how Char reappeared and how Bright et al ended up with Londo Bell. The books were out of print for a decade or so, but they've now been republished, and are well worth checking out.

-- Mark
NastyNate

That is really cool info on High-Streamer, I never knew about that. I still wish they would have made Beltorchika with amuro, instead of that random pilot he was with in the movie. I don't know I guess it is more of a happy ending I guess when the guy gets the girl and they grow old together. I was shocked when I saw zeta for the first time, and I saw that amuro never really goes far with sayla or fraw-bow. To me that shoots down the whole mobile suit gundam happy ending. Does any one agree?

auriga

I don't know I guess it is more of a happy ending I guess when the guy gets the girl and they grow old together.
Actually, it's not. Amuro's fate doesn't change.
I was shocked when I saw zeta for the first time, and I saw that amuro never really goes far with sayla or fraw-bow. To me that shoots down the whole mobile suit gundam happy ending. Does any one agree?
I don't really agree, as I don't think the relationships were really developed in MSG. Now the novel trilogy, that's a different story.
NastyNate

Amuro living alone in the end was kind of sad though, and every other movie afterwards he had a long time. I do agree he never developed to far with his relationships with either of the two, but fraw being married to hiatoe is completly random. I thought that the last episode kind of showed an attration toward amuro and sayla, and I think that sometimes in the series fraw seemed to be jealous. I guess I wanted to see an ending like 08th ms team. Plus wouldn't that be hilarious if Amuro and Char wher brother-in-laws?

Zerosystem

NastyNate wrote:Amuro living alone in the end was kind of sad though, and every other movie afterwards he had a long time. I do agree he never developed to far with his relationships with either of the two, but fraw being married to hiatoe is completly random. I thought that the last episode kind of showed an attration toward amuro and sayla, and I think that sometimes in the series fraw seemed to be jealous. I guess I wanted to see an ending like 08th ms team. Plus wouldn't that be hilarious if Amuro and Char wher brother-in-laws?
Not really. At least in the MSG trilogy, Fraw is sympathetic towards Hayato, after Hayato realizes that he can be nowhere as good as Amuro, and that Amuro was growing more distant form Fraw.

I didn't really find any attraction between Amuro and Sayla. In Zeta Gundam, Fraw teases Amuro about liking Sayla, but that's all there really was, aside from the MSG novels. However, I recall Fraw being jealous when Matilda was around the White Base.
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Haros_Pet_Kat

I know there is a summary (not the full book) of Beltorchika's Children, that gives a good overview of all of the plot events, and differences between it and Char's Counter Attack.

Despite being a summary, I really liked the direction it gave Amuro, and felt that I would have enjoyed CCA much more if it had Beltorchika's Children's elements. Of course, I haven't read the book so I am taking my own words with a grain of salt.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Commissar Bright Noa

I read the summary and I really like Beltorchika being around more than random what's her face. I also like that Amuro's going to have a child, it ages the character which IMO is better than it seeming like he hasn't changed a bit since Zeta Gundam.
Darkerangel

Commissar Bright Noa wrote:I read the summary and I really like Beltorchika being around more than random what's her face. I also like that Amuro's going to have a child, it ages the character which IMO is better than it seeming like he hasn't changed a bit since Zeta Gundam.
lol okay, what's her face is Chan Agi. But anyways, I'm curious about Nanai Miguel, because is it just me or was it hinted that it seemed like she and Char had a sexual relation.
Neo-Era

toysdream wrote: I'm not sure why High-Streamer is so often overlooked.
I'm thinking it has something to do with Yukinobu Hoshino's renditions of the MS in High-Streamer being so different from both the much beloved Izubuchi designs in the movie and the popular Hi-Nu and Nightingale in BC. When you look at the original covers (pics 2-4), they don't catch your eyes as being "Gundam-esque". Besides the word "Gundam" being printed in big red letters, I mean. 8)
Gunota Headlines: Daily Gundam newsblog
The New Adventures Of Tomino-sama: Not-so daily Gundam parody webcomic
Arsarcana

Darkerangel wrote:But anyways, I'm curious about Nanai Miguel, because is it just me or was it hinted that it seemed like she and Char had a sexual relation.
Yes, and to keep the teasing at maximum intensity V Gundam drops hints that Usso might be Char's grandchild.
NastyNate

I think that I even read one time that there is a novel or manga out there about Bright Noah's son.

J-Lead

NastyNate wrote:I think that I even read one time that there is a novel or manga out there about Bright Noah's son.
Hathaway's Flash. It's actually a direct contiuation of Belty's kids. Truth be told, it's not a very positive outlook on Hathaway's future...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Kavik Ryx

J-Lead wrote:
NastyNate wrote:I think that I even read one time that there is a novel or manga out there about Bright Noah's son.
Hathaway's Flash. It's actually a direct contiuation of Belty's kids. Truth be told, it's not a very positive outlook on Hathaway's future...
Truth be told he was the Katz of that movie.
Darkerangel

Arsarcana wrote:
Darkerangel wrote:But anyways, I'm curious about Nanai Miguel, because is it just me or was it hinted that it seemed like she and Char had a sexual relation.
Yes, and to keep the teasing at maximum intensity V Gundam drops hints that Usso might be Char's grandchild.
Yeah I heard, but I also heard it's not true. I'm looking at the timeline and it's not helping.

If CC started in 0093...and the drop of Axis was in March...meaning she would have had a baby still being year 0093.

Victory doesn't start till 0153...and Uso is 13 then....

If my math is correct....Uso was born in 0140 and if you subtract that by 0093, then Nanai's "child" would have been 47 when he/she had Uso.
Last edited by Darkerangel on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Administrator

Ok, let's drop the whole thing about Uso being Char's grandson, as it's just another one of those fan rumors that's completely without merit. It also has nothing to do with this topic.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
RX 93 ZZ

Now that you mention it,Hathaway's Flash sounds extremly Intresting just in part of the whole way the plot is played out. I mean
=Spoilers...=

With him being in a terrorist organization and his stealing a gundam(I think) and then his father giving the order to kill his own son(even though he dosen't know who he really was at that point,due to him diguising his name.

=End Spoilers=

I think both BC and HF would be great reads but I don't see an official translation on the horizon at all. One can only dream.
Mobile suits: RX-93 Nu Gundam/RX-94 MP Nu(Fin Funnel Type), RGM-89S Jegan
Cars: '93 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)