Beltorchika's Children

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NastyNate

Did anybody checkout how Beltorchika ended? The ending is awome. Both char and amuro survive and so does Beltorchika, and at the begining of the novel amuro says that if Bel. is pregnant that he will marry her so we can asume that later on he does.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Wingnut

No, Char and Amuro's fate in BC is no different from the movie. She and Amuro's child are fine, and the scene earlier is a promise to settle down with her (ie. stop piloting MS) after Char is taken care of. A promise he is not around to keep.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
mcred23

Yeah, Amuro and Quattro get killed in every version of CCA, that's something that doesn't change (Although one of the novels, I think it was Beltochika's Children, made it clear that Amuro died as his presence couldn't be felt anymore).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Lans

While we're at it I also want to add that one of my friend who was studied in Japan told me that CCA doesn't end with the death of Amuro or Char. Usually I don't believe this kind of story, but since he own a chain of Bandai model kit shops, I assume he's quite reliable. I need confirmation about his story.

Amuro and Char are alive after the event of CCA. In this case Amuro successfully captured Char. Char is taken as political prisoner but he eluded the trial. The Neo Zeon conducted the usual bribery and threat to drop another colony/ part of Axis into earth. Char was released and Amuro was forced to fight him again.

At that time I don't know about Beltrochika so I don't ask him about that. But he said around the line of "Amuro was married and die because of natural causes (old) so does with Char."

I hope that someone would clear this out for me. Thx.
toysdream

Wow, that's completely untrue. Beltorchika's Children ends pretty much exactly like the movie; I have the book open in front of me as I type, and the ending is just as described in RGZ's summary. High-Streamer also ends exactly like the movie. If your friend is as knowledgeable as you say he is, then he must be playing a joke on you.

-- Mark
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I hope one day Beltorchika's Children will be released in the U.S. because I would really like to read (and look at) it.

But from the summary's that I have read I would have perfered Beltorchika's Children over Char's Counterattack

The one thing that really disappointed me was how Sayla wasnt mentioned at all during Char's Counterattack
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Kavik Ryx

She did get a mention when Char was remembering Lalah's death; however, unfortunately beyond a namesake, she plays absolutely no role in the movie.

About Beltochika's Children, the one thing I have heard about it is that there is a newtype baby moment. Can anyone confirm this?
Wingnut

Kavik Ryx wrote:She did get a mention when Char was remembering Lalah's death; however, unfortunately beyond a namesake, she plays absolutely no role in the movie.

About Beltochika's Children, the one thing I have heard about it is that there is a newtype baby moment. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes. You can find it in the RGZ summery linked to above. It happens when Bel takes out the Re-GZ like Chan did in the movie and is fighting Gyunei. Actually, this was something that was in the animated movie as well and happened with Chan in the Re-GZ when Quess fired on her and scored a direct hit which mysteriously dissipates. Here it is the result of the Psycoframe "T" she had instead of an unborn newtype baby. Why it didn't work again when Hathaway lost his marbles (and my respect) is beyond me however.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Lans

toysdream wrote:Wow, that's completely untrue. Beltorchika's Children ends pretty much exactly like the movie; I have the book open in front of me as I type, and the ending is just as described in RGZ's summary. High-Streamer also ends exactly like the movie. If your friend is as knowledgeable as you say he is, then he must be playing a joke on you.

-- Mark
That's why I want to cross check his story. He's quite resourceful, I saw several original mecha drawing, sketched and autographed with the artist/author himself. One I always remember is the mecha drawing of Nieu Ziel, showing the head and a portion of it's body. If you're ever visit Jakarta for some reason, check his store Animemachi, if you're lucky he'll be around.

I began to questions his story since I read the RGZ's summary sometime last year but I always thought it was different from the CCA movie, starting from Belthrocika herself to Amuro's baby involved in the story.

Well, he told me many things and story about Gundam related material. Most of them are true, like the death sentence for Capt. Synapsus at the end of 0083 Stardust Memory. Or about Garberra Tetra originally designed for GP04. In fact this is the only one that I questioned but then he could be joking around, if that's the case he truly got me. :shock:
Recon 5

If your friend is that knowledgeable I suspect that he also has access to many of the complicated rumors floating around in some of the bigger japanese fan circles. Hey may or may not have bought this particular one hook, line and sinker because, official word or not, The deaths of Amuro and Char weren't as explicit as most other Gundam deaths (remember Sirocco?)
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE