The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk X

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zero Revenge

Commissar Bright Noa wrote:I think 00's cast has more depth than most casts of Gundam like say SEED or Destiny. Although Shinn was a really good character IMO for Gundam, he was a nice change, once again IMO.
While I agree that with the limited time we've seen Graham, he definitely has more development that Kira and Shinn both in their respective 2 Series / half a series of airtime.

But for Shinn being a really good character? I have to disagree completely. Obviously, this is the 00 Anime topic, so SEED/Destiny is practically taboo here.

Seriously though, until the last 3 or 4 episodes, I would have said that all of the antagonists (aside from the Thrones) had far more development then the Meisters.

And I'm just outright disappointed by the fates of the Thrones. No development at all. Michael is only seen as a bloodthirsty maniac, and Johann as a cold and calculating man. I really do hope they redeem Nena, because it just seems like such a let down that 00, a series with many beautifully complex characters, just has these 3 simple characters who seem to just be evil. They were introduced solely to make us root for the Meisters, and while I do not condone what any of them has done (Wedding Crashers esp) I feel sorry for them absolutely.

That being said, while the Trinity is just flat out evil, so is Ali. But he is such a complex evil character that I absolutely love him.

Edit: Page 30. Time for new thread.
jroy1117

Zero Revenge wrote:
Commissar Bright Noa wrote:I think 00's cast has more depth than most casts of Gundam like say SEED or Destiny. Although Shinn was a really good character IMO for Gundam, he was a nice change, once again IMO.

And I'm just outright disappointed by the fates of the Thrones. No development at all. Michael is only seen as a bloodthirsty maniac, and Johann as a cold and calculating man. I really do hope they redeem Nena, because it just seems like such a let down that 00, a series with many beautifully complex characters, just has these 3 simple characters who seem to just be evil. They were introduced solely to make us root for the Meisters, and while I do not condone what any of them has done (Wedding Crashers esp) I feel sorry for them absolutely.

That being said, while the Trinity is just flat out evil, so is Ali. But he is such a complex evil character that I absolutely love him.

Edit: Page 30. Time for new thread.

Idk i think the trinitys served their purpose. I think they were brought in to save the 4 gundams and too make the world hate the gundams. They are the scapegoats remember? The world had to hate the crazy bunch for the UN army to become a possibly i think. So to that end i think they did.