Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor (OVA)

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
turkishproverb

Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor (OVA)

I've recently gotten the opportunity to get some old copies of the Japanese Gundam Wing OVA fairly cheap, but I was wondering if anyone had seen them, and if they could tell me about them. I know they're mostly recycled footage, but I was curious what the new run format was like, how it edited up, if it was included any new footage, etc..
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
Arsarcana

I've only seen really low quality clips taken from an old VHS version. About half of it is recycled material but I can't tell you how it's organized since the clips I found didn't include it. The new material is pretty short and covers the five pilots in the immediate aftermath of the series (and I mean right after Libra blows up but before the final scene with Heero and Relena).

Out of curiosity, do you have a DVD player capable of handling R2 discs? They're just released a remastered edition of Wing in several boxes. One has all the Op. Meteor material in high quality.
turkishproverb

Arsarcana wrote:I've only seen really low quality clips taken from an old VHS version. About half of it is recycled material but I can't tell you how it's organized since the clips I found didn't include it. The new material is pretty short and covers the five pilots in the immediate aftermath of the series (and I mean right after Libra blows up but before the final scene with Heero and Relena).

Out of curiosity, do you have a DVD player capable of handling R2 discs? They're just released a remastered edition of Wing in several boxes. One has all the Op. Meteor material in high quality.
Yea, I have I region free dvd that can handle Japanese disks. Didn't know the remastered Operation meteor was in those boxes though. Which one would that be?
Ascension wrote:
Arsarcana

There's three boxes. The third contains the Operation Meteor set and Endless Waltz. It's still expensive at ~$100 but cheaper than the first two. Here's an Amazon.jp link.
turkishproverb

Arsarcana wrote:There's three boxes. The third contains the Operation Meteor set and Endless Waltz. It's still expensive at ~$100 but cheaper than the first two. Here's an Amazon.jp link.
A hundred?

Thats cool. The cheapest I've seen th3 part 3 boxed set was for 147 dollars.

I wonder how much shipping is. I do have an account there...

Although, do I really want to rebuy EW just for the remaster...

hrm....

Still, its a good deal.
Ascension wrote: