The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk IX

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SNT1

I got a few more observations during the fight:

-This seems to be the first time Michael uses his 7th/8th fangs.
-I can confidently say Setsuna is very skilled, the way he disabled the fangs like a pro.
-Johan's face is creepily calm when he is on the ground, just about to get cleaved by Nadleeh.
-at the :30 and the 6:05 mark, Setsuna charges, and both times, went for Nena's Drei. (and of course, blocked by Michael's Zwei) Absolutely no wub there.
Last edited by SNT1 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
wing zero alpha

I was fairly disappointed with this episode myself. The hype generated with Setsuna fighting the three Thrones at once was immediately killed when all he fought against was the Zwei, which barely put up a fight even after Johann gave Michael the go ahead (so much for all the hype the GN Fangs got too), and then the Virtue all of a sudden charging in to aid Setsuna. Then the rest of the fight gets wrapped up with the Nadleeh finally showing off its Area Effect ability (which seems useless in the long run considering how many MS are tied to Veda), and then Lockon and the Dynames coming in.

Also, am I the only one that felt Tiera was acting out of character this episode? No more than two or three episodes back, he considered Setsuna a hinderance, but now that the two agree that the Thrones are evil, Tiera's opinions on him have changed entirely. I could excuse him for attacking the Thrones, if only because I could have seen Tiera doing it more to take them out than to help Setsuna, but when he spoke out against Lockon for pointing a gun at Setsuna, that just seemed over the line.

On the other hand, it's nice to see that we got some background on Setsuna and Lockon, though I can't say I was satisfied. Just seemed like that scene could have played out better to me, along with using less utterances of "Gundam".
Phantomexe87

The best part of the whole episode was the operator girl (not Felt, the other, not-so-likable one) deleting the picture of herself with the eldest Trinity Brother, pretty amusing how she had it as her wallpaper.
SNT1

WZA wrote:Nadleeh finally showing off its Area Effect ability (which seems useless in the long run considering how many MS are tied to Veda), and then Lockon and the Dynames coming in.
It could affect the new GN mecha that the superpowers are apparently getting, but Tieria's access is a bit on the uncertain side, so I don't know how will that play out.
Also, am I the only one that felt Tieria was acting out of character this episode? No more than two or three episodes back, he considered Setsuna a hinderance, but now that the two agree that the Thrones are evil, Tiera's opinions on him have changed entirely. I could excuse him for attacking the Thrones, if only because I could have seen Tieria doing it more to take them out than to help Setsuna, but when he spoke out against Lockon for pointing a gun at Setsuna, that just seemed over the line.
What can I say, he warmed up to him. It's a long way back since Tieria himself pointed the trigger at Setsuna for his actions, after all.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Phantomexe87

SNT1 wrote:What can I say, he warmed up to him.
Bowchickabowow? Warms up pretty fast.
SNT1

I was expecting a dumb response like that. It's been a good while since episode 7. Must have been months since then. Which, during the time, Setsuna was pretty much the second best pilot next to Graham (at least, in terms of not screwing up.)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
wing zero alpha

SNT1 wrote:It could affect the new GN mecha that the superpowers are apparently getting, but Tieria's access is a bit on the uncertain side, so I don't know how will that play out.
Possible, but that's a double edged sword there, if only it'd allow the Big Three to learn of Veda's existance, so I'd have to see it to believe it.
What can I say, he warmed up to him. It's a long way back since Tieria himself pointed the trigger at Setsuna for his actions, after all.
And as I said before, no more than a few episodes back (right before the big desert battle even), Tiera spoke outloud how he thought Setsuna was unreliable and undeserving as a Meister, so as Phantomexe87 put, he warmed up fast.
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VentZX

Also, am I the only one that felt Tieria was acting out of character this episode? No more than two or three episodes back, he considered Setsuna a hinderance, but now that the two agree that the Thrones are evil, Tiera's opinions on him have changed entirely. I could excuse him for attacking the Thrones, if only because I could have seen Tieria doing it more to take them out than to help Setsuna, but when he spoke out against Lockon for pointing a gun at Setsuna, that just seemed over the line.
Tieria was completely in character. The entire series he's had sort of this observational attitude. 11 is a good case of this, and again he makes the 'so this is humans' line after Lockon and Setsuna's confrontation. Him being surprised by the gun was called for. He pulled a gun on Setsuna, but it was because he compromised a mission. In other words, Lockon killing Setsuna would not be a good thing since Setsuna hasn't done anything unreasonable as of late.

All in all, I'd say that Setsuna finally proved his worth as a Meister to Tieria.

And the Nadleeh system is absolutely necessary. It literally gives him control over all the CB MS, allowing him to disable units that are going against Veda's directives. Nadleeh is a Gundam killer. That's its purpose. And it would have done just that if not for the abrupt stop of the system.
Last edited by VentZX on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SNT1

And as I said before, no more than a few episodes back (right before the big desert battle even), Tiera spoke outloud how he thought Setsuna was unreliable and undeserving as a Meister, so as Phantomexe87 put, he warmed up fast.
two or three episodes back, Tieria's contact with Setsuna are flashbacks in episode 16, and they never really were the focus of the episode outside of said clip show, and in episode 17, Tieria agrees with Setsuna about the Thrones.

What scene did I miss that you're trying to point out?
Last edited by SNT1 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Krogoth255

Well, it looks like another grand old conspiracy is brewing.

Could it be that Aeolia Schenberg and his descendants grand plan is to monopolize the energy economy by making GN drives the only source of viable energy?

1.) show off the GN drive's potential for military applications under the guise of "ending all conflicts"

2.) Humiliate the major powers utterly.

3.) Leak some half-working prototypes that require refueling so that major powers have a fighting chance.

4.)Get the major powers hooked and become depended on it.

5.) Have an "accident" occur to Solar array system that renders it impractical to salvage. (OMFG, Elevator drop!)

6.) Eliminate those that "Witness too much"

7.) ????????

8.) Profit!

Don't tell me that I have outline the upcoming plot.

:roll:
Last edited by Krogoth255 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darn you F-Types!
VentZX

SNT1 wrote:two or three episodes back, Tieria's contact with Setsuna are flashbacks in episode 16, and they never really were the focus of the episode outside of said clip show, and in episode 17, Tieria agrees with Setsuna about the Thrones.

What scene did I miss that you're trying to point out?
I think he's talking about in episode 14 when Tieria was going over what information had been compromised, and he thought of Setsuna as being a wild card.
SNT1

It really is irrelevant after episode 17. After all, Tieria actually taking Setsuna's side was something no one would have thought possible anyway.

Besides, in the long mission (or survival) in Ep. 15 Setsuna stuck with Tieria for 15 hours, and he seems to have stuck with the plan, at least.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
wing zero alpha

VentZX wrote:Tieria was completely in character. The entire series he's had sort of this observational attitude. 11 is a good case of this, and again he makes the 'so this is humans' line after Lockon and Setsuna's confrontation. Him being surprised by the gun was called for. He pulled a gun on Setsuna, but it was because he compromised a mission. In other words, Lockon killing Setsuna would not be a good thing.
That's quite a switch: all of a sudden Setsuna is vital to the mission when right before the Thrones showed up Tiera considered him just the opposite, even having said that a long with the Nadleeh being revealed and Allelujah's condition, that Setsuna had been another stumbling block to Veda's plan (in other words, yes that's the scene; apologies for not being clearer).
And the Nadleeh system is absolutely necessary. It literally gives him control over all the CB MS, allowing him to disable units that are going against Veda's directives. Nadleeh is a Gundam killer. That's its purpose. And it would have done just that if not for the abrupt stop of the system.
Seems pretty simplistic for the hype that Nadleeh got several episodes back, especially when Tiera got angry for revealing it too early. That said, if it were made simply to take out the other Gundams, then Veda wouldn't have deemed it necessary to reveal it at any time, but apparently even the Nadleeh's usage has been planned against the powers to be. That said, I hope there's more to it than being able to control the other Gundams.
SNT1 wrote:After all, Tieria actually taking Setsuna's side was something no one would have thought possible anyway.
No really, you think? Thus why it seems OOC and out of the blue.
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny_Gundam

I think Tieria's acceptence of Setsuna is rather simple. Setsuna took the initiative to attack the Thrones because he realised that they were proliferating war. This let Tieria see just how dedicated Setsuna is to CB's idealology, and thus worthy to be a Gundam Meister. Same thing happened with Allelujah when he organized the attack on the Super soldier program. He showed how dedicated he was to Celestial Being and thus earned Tieria's approval.

The Big 3's GN Drives could be connected to Veda without their knowledge. This would be ingenius actually. Help build up the world's power with devices of your design, and once they're completely integrated, you just flip a switch, take over all their GN drive suits and render them completely defenseless.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
SNT1

No really, you think? Thus why it seems OOC and out of the blue.
Uh, yes, it is out of the blue. Tieria admitted that himself :roll: That said, it's still within character development; So why ask "Why is Tieria OOC?" in this episode when it's been building up the past 3 episodes?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
wing zero alpha

DG wrote:I think Tieria's acceptence of Setsuna is rather simple. Setsuna took the initiative to attack the Thrones because he realised that they were proliferating war. This let Tieria see just how dedicated Setsuna is to CB's idealology, and thus worthy to be a Gundam Meister. Same thing happened with Allelujah when he organized the attack on the Super soldier program. He showed how dedicated he was to Celestial Being and thus earned Tieria's approval.
SNT1 wrote:Uh, yes, it is out of the blue. Tieria admitted that himself :roll: That said, it's still within character development; So why ask "Why is Tieria OOC?" in this episode when it's been building up the past 3 episodes?
The best it got to "building" in the last three episodes was Tiera saying "For once we agree on something", no more than that. The rest of the time had Tiera griping about the Thrones and not being able to link up with Veda, which were entirely Setsuna-free; that said, I can understand Tiera hating the Thrones and only helping Setsuna to get after them, but turning practical buddy buddies with Setsuna and finally realizing that he's Meister material is way out of left field.

And on a side note, I thought he still considered Allelujah a problem since he's effected by Soma's quantum waves. Seems like Lockon's the only Meister he hasn't had problems with yet.
The Big 3's GN Drives could be connected to Veda without their knowledge. This would be ingenius actually. Help build up the world's power with devices of your design, and once they're completely integrated, you just flip a switch, take over all their GN drive suits and render them completely defenseless.
Thus is the reason I said "a double edged sword", since yes it does allow Veda to be interfaced with the three powers' machines, but at the same time it gives them a way to track Veda back and possibly find a way to alter it, which is a big risk even with the Nadleeh. This is also the reason I said I'd have to see it to believe it.
azrael

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:I think it might be Alejandro and Libonz or Ribbons or whatever the hell his name is. Why else was Alejandro smirking when Nadleeh's system shut off all of a sudden? Anyway, the question is, whoever is behind the GN Tau drives that were given to the powers, if they could create GN Tau's, why not create the real thing? Why is the information on that TR Plunket or Di-Variable doohickey thing not available to them?
There is that possibility that one or both of them has been selling CB out.

I believe your second question was answered by the dead old man himself. Special conditions are needed to create the GN Drives. I'm guessing the GN Tau drives don't need those conditions, but the trade-off is limited operational time. They carry the necessary output but don't have the duration that the Solar furnaces do, hence why they are considered pseudo-GN Drives.
Arbiter GUNDAM

azrael wrote: I believe your second question was answered by the dead old man himself. Special conditions are needed to create the GN Drives. I'm guessing the GN Tau drives don't need those conditions, but the trade-off is limited operational time. They carry the necessary output but don't have the duration that the Solar furnaces do, hence why they are considered pseudo-GN Drives.

*head slap* Oh yeah, of course. My how intelligence flies...
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
World's End Mecha

And this line is just begging for it:
ONCE THE GUNDAMS ARE MASS-PRODUCED...
I can imagine Tieria hyperventilating from having to tell EVERYONE that they're unworthy of being Gundam Miesters.

It's good to see him actually take action to enforce his ideals rather than just criticize everyone from the sidelines.
Arsarcana

Direct X wrote: No offense to anyone, but the Nadleeh is just ATROCIOUS. It's like someone decided to fuse GaiGar and Nobel Gundam (Sailor Moon Gundam).
Awesome + Awesome in other words?
wing zero alpha wrote:Then the rest of the fight gets wrapped up with the Nadleeh finally showing off its Area Effect ability (which seems useless in the long run considering how many MS are tied to Veda)
Given that the system was evidently intended as a check on the other Gundams, I disagree. Remember that the Ptolemy crew isn't actually in on the Master Plan (whatever it happens to be). As far as they knew, there were only four or five machines connected to the system and it existed so Tieria could stop anyone going out of line. The fact that Veda is compromised or not playing fair doesn't change Nadleeh's purpose as far as Tieria understood it. Do you see what I'm saying?