Alliance Suits at Alaska?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Captain Anonymous

Alliance Suits at Alaska?

While playing the PS2 game, Never Ending Tomorrow, I noticed in the cut scene, 'Decending Sword 1' that during the first shots of the ZAFT attack on the Alliance, there are two Alliance mobile suits fighting.

One is mostly green unit, and the other is a mostly yellow unit.

Both seem to get destroyed pretty quick.

I looked around at the MAHQ Seed profiles, and did some looking online and couldn't find an answer to what these two suits were.

I'd wager that they were early Dagger mobile suits. Though, one would get the impression that the Daggers were first used in force in Panama, and seemed to suprise the ZAFT forces.

Any one know what these two mystery units are?
Melchior

I think they're suppose to be test units belonging to Edward Harrelson and Morgan Chevalier, however the two must have moved on to new suits at this point in time since we know hey don't die at Alaska.
Phantomexe87

Well, presumably those two units and the ZAFT forces that saw them were taken out by the Cyclops system, so there was no one to relay that info, or it may just have not reached the ZAFT forces who later attacked Panama.
wing zero alpha

Actually, those two Strike Daggers were taken out by ZAFT weapons fire, but yeah, all the witnesses during Operation Spitbreak were wiped out anyway.
Captain Anonymous

wing zero alpha wrote:Actually, those two Strike Daggers were taken out by ZAFT weapons fire, but yeah, all the witnesses during Operation Spitbreak were wiped out anyway.
Yep, in the video it clearly shows both suits being taken out by ZAFT mobile suits, and pretty much destroyed.

I do agree with the sentiment that they are likely test machines, and I'd think perhaps they don't have a fully completed OS, or an OS not as advanced as those in the Daggers that show up in Panama.

In regards to ZAFT reporting it, I do believe a small portion of the attacking force did survive, including Isaac.
Though, in going off what Phantomexe said, it's likely the suits that destroyed them were taken out in the fighting or by Cyclops system.
And even so, I'm guessing it could rationalized that even if they did report it, all they would able to say is that two Alliance mobile suits were spotted and destroyed, with little information other then that coming out. And that being the case, I couldn't see ZAFT really getting all worked up about that, since they were aware the Alliance was developing Mobile Suits, and it would be understandable that a prototype here or there would appear, especially at a large base such as Alaska.
Had it been a large number of suits, say 20 or so, then I could see the Panama reaction being different.