Shinn's Character Analysis

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

I think the real reason so many Coordinators seem to have the SEED factor is that they overwhelmingly fill the ranks of the show's pilot characters. Consider that most of the Naturals who pilot mobile suits and don't die right off the bat--Mwu, the druggies, the Extended--are all in some way special or modified, and the rest--see the M1 Astray girls--are sidelined and ultimately explodiated. The rest are Coordinators.
Albireo_818

What about lowe?
kisato?
(Was Prayer a coordinator?)

And dont forget Sven.
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
ShadowCell

I was referring specifically to the TV series. Also, I find it amusing that you listed Kisato as a pilot...and immediately, my mind's eye cut to her BuCUE flailing around helplessly in space.

Either way, you didn't really refute my point that the majority of the TV series' pilots are Coordinators or otherwise-special Naturals like Mwu or Stella. And I seem to recall Sven being drugged up somehow, so that takes care of him.

And it seems that Shinn can't even save his own Mecha Talk thread from getting hijacked. Man, Shinn, who'd you piss off upstairs?
Dean_the_Young

ShadowCell wrote:...

And it seems that Shinn can't even save his own Mecha Talk thread from getting hijacked. Man, Shinn, who'd you piss off upstairs?
The writer, for one. Who apparently in an interview stated that she didn't like the new characters of Destiny in relation to her favorites from Seed, which is why Shinn has the misfortune of being one of the few (if only) characters in literature/media to be turned from the main character to pathetic villain by the previous series.

I mean, this is the same writer who took Shinn's anger (which for the entire series made him a much better pilot) and in the last episode had it turn Shinn into an incompetent berserker who grabs beam sabers.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy