Who is the composer of Char's Counter Attack's OST?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
speedstriker

Who is the composer of Char's Counter Attack's OST?

I couldn't seem to find the composer of CCA's OST's...

Just a problem I came across while organizing my MP3 files. I can't seem to find any information on it! Please help!
Black Knight

According to AnimeNewsNetwork, Shigeaki Saegusa was the music director for CCA, and so would be the logical choice for a composer.
Gundamium Alloy

I love Char's Counterattack the movie and I equally enjoy the musical score. I've been searching stores everywhere for this soundtrack. Anyone know where this original soundtrack can be purchased?
neoei3318

Saegusa also scored the Soundtracks for Zeta Gundam & Gundam ZZ.
Nimrod

Gundamium Alloy wrote:I love Char's Counterattack the movie and I equally enjoy the musical score. I've been searching stores everywhere for this soundtrack. Anyone know where this original soundtrack can be purchased?
probably ebay or amazon japan would be good places to start looking. I recall seeing an auction for a CCA OST cd just because christmas on ebay.
Randall Miyashiro

I will confirm that Saegusa did the music for CCA. I have the double CD sets for both Zeta and Double Zeta which have pretty much all the music for both series. The tracks in the booklet are actually lettered and numbered with the studios code. There really isn't that much music in both series since they fit tightly on 2 CDs. There is also a neat Symphonic Suite album for Zeta with ugly "realistic" depictions of the characters on the cover. Despite the awful art the remixes are nicely done.
neoei3318

I definitely have a B/W copy of the Z Gundam symphonic suite album from a while ago. And yes, I had to do a double-take when I first saw it.

As for the actual OST/BGM whatever-you-call it for Zeta Gundam, I thought Saegusa did a heck of a job scoring the series, using an mix of 80's R & B, and soft rock. A Orchestra type set for the combat and drama scenes (AEUG & Zeta Gundam), a slow early 80's type R & B for the slower scenes (The Boy From Green Noa, Kamile Bidan & Saikai), a small rock score thrown in for good measure and some wonderful piano pieces as well (Hope, Amuro Futatabi).

With Double Zeta, which I have yet to see more episodes of, the score seemed to be more of a simple remix, kinda like what James Horner did with Star Trek III, to differentiate it from Star Trek II.

Overall, the score reminded me of several early eighties TV action adventure shows (First Season of Knight Rider, The A-Team, Fall Guy). It had the whole Mike Post, Stu Phillips vibe going on before the minimalist electronic music era (Think Vangelis, Miami Vice, Beverly Hills Cop & Later seasons of Knight Rider).

Forgive me If I rambled, or took it too far off topic. I always wanted to put my two cents in on a little discussed area of anime in general, let alone in Gundam; the music.
Gundamium Alloy

Still looking for Char's Counterattack the soundtrack. Looked on Amazon Japan and couldn't find it. Wouldn't that be due for a reprint by now? I really want to purchase this one. I love the vocal track on this album.