7th Space War = Final War in the UC Calendar??

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Bord

7th Space War = Final War in the UC Calendar??

I was just wondering about this... since there's a lot of similarity between the UC and AW worlds. After all the colonies in both UC and X are cylinder types, and there are Newtypes too. Maybe UC ended with the drop of hundreds of colonies then AW calendar begins?
Kavik Ryx

That's my theory too, my guess sometimes around the year 250; however, it's just a theory and unfortunately as fan based as the other Turn A theories. It just happens to be one of the more plausible ones.
Wingnut

Kavik Ryx wrote:That's my theory too, my guess sometimes around the year 250; however, it's just a theory and unfortunately as fan based as the other Turn A theories. It just happens to be one of the more plausible ones.
There however is a major hole in your theory. By the time of Victory Gundam everyone is using beam weapons as the standard, even the lowest civilian colonies and such have the smaller MS and beam weapons.
In X, we see SRA and UNE MS using machine guns as their main weapon.
Like what is said on the main page of the X episode reviews, the show is an alternate scenario of what might happen if the space faction dropped many colonies instead of just one or two.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
J-Lead

...Not to mention the history of AW Newtypes and D.O.M.E.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
midnightcitysky

I always viewed gundam X as a retelling of the OYW gundam, with jamil as amuro and the other dudes (I forget their name) playing zeon and succeeding in raining colonies on earth...
so turn-A linking ALL the gundams including G is kinda odd and well...poorly planned out and stupid, I mean how do you logically go from the smaller scaled V2's wings of light to the shining gundam... but that's my opinion... if that is in fact what happens in turn-A as I have not seen it.

X makes more sense as a what if story rather than an extension of the UC's history.
My posts say something about me...I LIKE WRITING ESSAYS...
AU_Gundam MK II

X is an AU. So no links can be made with UC that ca prove it is part of the UC timeline. Besides, MS design trends are different in each series.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
toysdream

Obviously there must have been six previous space wars before the big one, although I'm not sure if it's ever established whether these were fought with mobile suits or not. Personally, I suspect that they named it the "seventh space war" because Gundam X was the seventh Gundam TV series. :-)

-- Mark
Dendrobium Stamen

I suppose, in theory, one can identify the known wars of the Universal Century as the six previous Space Wars, but it's a bit of a stretch...

First: One Year War.
Second: Gryps War.
Third: First Neo-Zeon War.
Fourth: Second Neo-Zeon War.
Fifth: Crossbone Vanguard War (not sure what the proper name for this one is...)
Sixth: Space Age of Warring States (Victory era).
Seventh: The big one that led to the situation of GX.

If we accept that a G-Saviour kind of technological regression (if not the depicted events of G-Saviour) occurred at some point in the Universal Century - plausible given the fragmentation of human governance shown as early as UC 0153 - then the relatively "primitive" nature of After War MS can be explained as much of the technology behind UC machines being lost in the ebb and flow of history; given that Anaheim Electronics seem to be gone by Victory, the SNRI being co-opted into the defeated Zanscare Empire, and the Federation's near-abandonment of Earth, this isn't too far-fetched, in my opinion.

Of course, this also assumes that beyond the tenuous numbering of UC wars to fit a scheme, and the existence of Newtypes in the AW era, that there is a tangible link between universes. :wink:
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Kuro No Sakura

For your information

I am not sure which crossbone vanguard war you are talking about
but the one happen in F91 is call: Cosmo Babylonia War (I personally like the japanese name better as it mean the war of building Cosmo Babylonia)
and the one in crossbone gundam is call: Jupiter Empire War

I am not sure AE is gone in UC0153 because I heard some source say V and V2 gundam is build by AE which I am not sure about

also regards G-Savior, it take place in UC 0223

Since you guys talking about UC and other timeline linkage
It is interesting to share a picture i come across in wikipedia
here
I know wiki is not a good source but it state that this picture come from promotional leaflet of the game SD Gundam G-Generation DS[/url]
Kavik Ryx

If it's from Wikipedia, you just as well be making it up yourself, not to say that it's not true, but Wikipedia articles regarding Gundam have notoriety for being inaccurate.

The way I see the wars is 1. OYW 2. Gryps 3. Neo Zeon 4. XB Vanguard 5. Jupiter Empire and 6. Zanscare.

Also, about the use of ballistic weapons during the 7th space war, with new technology in place, bullets and rockets may have found themselves to be more useful than ever. Even it Victory Gundam, rounds were used as well as beam technology.
Kuro No Sakura

text information might be wrong
but a picture reference might be valid just click on the link and see before you comment