Dunbine OVA question.

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Hero_Raymond

Dunbine OVA question.

I was at Half Price books tonight, and picked up the entire set of the Aura Battler Dunbine (Definitely bootleg, but still...). They also had the OVA: Neo-Byston Well (also likely bootleg). The question I have is if the OVA is worth picking up. I can't find much readily available info on it...
AU_Gundam MK II

Depends on your perspective. Though, most likely it won't be as good as Dunbine.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
Mark064

It's pretty bad from what I remember. The worst part is the animation of the Aura Battlers or lack of. They basically slide across the screen. They look nice but slide across the screen and that's basically it...
Hero_Raymond

Thank you. I was against buying it, but a friend tried to convince me to pick it up as well. Said it was going to be like wolf's Rain, where you needed to have the OVA to complete the series. Luckily I left it on the shelf.
Chris
Administrator

Hero_Raymond wrote:Thank you. I was against buying it, but a friend tried to convince me to pick it up as well. Said it was going to be like wolf's Rain, where you needed to have the OVA to complete the series. Luckily I left it on the shelf.
Your friend has no idea what he's talking about. The TV series is a complete story and doesn't need the OVA for anything. And for my two cents, yes, it's really bad. It's just a cheap, 3-episode copy of the TV series with similarly named characters.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Kavik Ryx

Well, there are three OVAs about Byston Well, how personally would you rate the. Note I intend on watching them, not because I think I'll enjoy them nor do I believe that they will add anything to Dunbine, which was great series by the way. I intend on watching them, because what I have heard in general, they will give me a broader sense of good and bad.