The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 7.0

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
cantfakethefunk

So they're CB after all, not Power Bloc...

...and that BAD HARO?! seems to hint that these guys might be antagonists.
Official Sergei and Soma fanboy.
~Can't Fake the Funk~
Homeless

New spoiler set, take it as you will:

Ep14 - Dawn of Determination

The meisters learn of a global military exercise that's being arranged. Even though they know it is a trap for Celestial Being, they must intervene.

Ep15 - Broken Wing

The meisters are locked in a fierce battle against almost a thousand mobile suits. In reality, the military exercise is a trap to attempt to capture all four Gundams. As the overwhelming odds stack against their favor the Gundams fine themselves cornered.

Ep16 - Trinity

Alehandro Conner, one of the watchers put in place to survey the intervention of Celestial Being looks back on results of the intervention so far.

Ep17 - Throne Assault

The crew of the Ptolemy are surprised by the appearance of the new mobile suits even they didn't know about. When the three pilots contact the Ptolemy, Sumeragi leads them to the mothership to question their true intentions.

Ep18 - Malicious Target

As the three new mobile suits go forth to destroy and disarm military installations all over the world, Setsuna begins to have doubts about their intervention actions. Meanwhile, Celestial Being's agent Wong Liumei begins her investigation into who they are.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Kratos

cantfakethefunk wrote:...these guys might be antagonists.
I agree, actually. I get a real antagonistic vibe from them, and it's not just Demon Haro; at the very least, the seem like a group of fellow pilots to the Meisters who, while working for the same organization and thereby technically having the same goals as them, are antagonistic character wise.

For whatever reason, these guys remind me of the Ultimates Reserves from the first Ultimates Annual (comic book, for those who don't know): a second-wave team of soldiers meant to have a more mass-produced feel than the main team, and who are quite possibly meant to replace the more varied but less uniform main team as time goes on. That's just a gut reaction, though; obviously, there's no way to tell whether or not CB will be using these new Meisters to complement the current team or to replace them, or possibly use them for some totally other reason.

EDIT: Hmm, interesting tidbits there (aside from episode 16 apparently being a clip show). What REALLY interests me is that our current CB team doesn't seem to know of these new Meisters at all upon their arrival. Most intriguing.
wing zero alpha

Homeless wrote:Ep16 - Trinity

Alehandro Conner, one of the watchers put in place to survey the intervention of Celestial Being looks back on results of the intervention so far.
Clip episode senses tingling. :shock:
cantfakethefunk

For some reason I get the sense that the arrival of the Thrones is going to start the main plot moving.

Also: all three countries teaming up? Soma/Sergei/Graham/Patrick tag-team?

Hell. Yes.

Here's the other half of the image, by the way: Throne Drei

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7021 ... 632ab7.jpg
~Can't Fake the Funk~
Ryujin

Homeless wrote:New spoiler set, take it as you will:

Ep18 - Malicious Target

As the three new mobile suits go forth to destroy and disarm military installations all over the world, Setsuna begins to have doubts about their intervention actions. Meanwhile, Celestial Being's agent Wong Liumei begins her investigation into who they are.
If this means that CB's new objective is to pursue total disarmament, I have to say Veda's gone loopy. This overcompartmentalization on CB's part is also bound to work to its detriment one of these days. Too bad we probably won't know what its Inner Circle is like anytime soon, either.

In any case, 'twould seem that the 00verse is about to get a lot more...interesting (as in the Chinese curse).
Also: all three countries teaming up? Soma/Sergei/Graham/Patrick tag-team?

Hell. Yes.
SECONDED.
Jack

That purple Haro is all kinds of amazing. DO WANT
ShadowCell

As for episode 13...

-On one hand, more of this obnoxiously heavy-handed attempt at relevancy. depicting a world that has the same tents full of wounded and car bombs and stuff three hundred years from now that we see going off all over the place today is fine if you take the chance to point out something about it--like, say, how terrorism obscures the motives of the terrorists and is thus counterproductive, because people will focus on the violence they committed, not the reasons for which they committed it. When you use it just for shock value and an excuse for giant robots to blow people up, though, that's when it becomes tasteless and over the top. 00 is certainly not the first Gundam production that tries to comment on real world issues, but 00--like the blatant 9/11/Iraq war parallels in DESTINY--has been about as subtle in that regard as axe murder. I know this is a Japanese show meant for consumption by a society that hasn't seen armed conflict in about sixty years and for whom car bombs and coup d'etats are hyperbole, but that doesn't stop me from finding it tasteless. The "La Ineda" or whatever they were called arc had the same pitfall--and, for that matter, I have the same complaints of the 9/11 industry in the US, so it's not all just 00, but that's another topic for another day and another forum.

-On the other hand, at least we finally got some character development for Setsuna--remember how he was supposed to be the protagonist? Shinn, quit bitching. In ep 13 specifically, it was nice to see Setsuna and Ali go at it for more than ten seconds, even though Setsuna screaming "where is your God now?!" reminded me way too much of the King. I'm glad some characters are starting to figure out the identities of the Gundam Meisters, too--Setsuna's battle with Ali was a lot more interesting knowing the bad blood between them, and is more fun than >insert Gundam Meister here< acting all shocked that someone can keep up with him, and >insert ace character here< acting all shocked at how powerful the Gundam is. It was nice to see Hong Long do, like, anything, and that "anything" happened to be "beating the crap out of Ali's flunkies" was just extra satisfaction. And watching Lockon plug the rest of Ali's street team with a regular old vanilla sniper rifle was just further affirmation of Lockon's awesomehood (although if he had managed to take out just Ali's cronies with the GN sniper rifle, that would have been a whole new level of awesomehood). And it was actually kind of interesting to see Setsuna put on the "innocent little boy" act for Graham--who, I suspect, as a child played with some of those HRL-manufactured toys coated in lead paint. And it looks like they're leaving this whole "terrorists!" plotline behind in favor of, like, an actual plot, so that looks like it'll be a nice change. And, and! and it sounds like the next battle will be along the lines of the Moralia arc--as in, more than twenty seconds long.
Strike

The Throne pilots look like a blue-haired Lockon and an older Felt and.......a vampire?
razgriz

definitely one of my favorite episodes so far with a lot of tense, didnt see it coming moments. especially the blood boiling fight between setsuna and ali, hong long's masked man kung fu pwnage, and for a second there i was teased into thinking that lockon doled out headshots using the gn sniper rifle, until they panned out the shot showing him leaning back in the cockpit with that big black sharpshooter. the palace standoff with an unarmed setsuna and graham with an itchy finger was jus icing on the cake.

as for the new pilots other than the evil haro the 2 guys and a girl just give me a strange extendeds vibe. good to see the thone drei in color. it looks good in red
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Destiny_Gundam

Strike wrote:The Throne pilots look like a blue-haired Lockon and an older Felt and.......a vampire?
I'd say the chick looks like a relative of Christina's actually. She's cute and she's voiced by Rie Kugimiya (Shut up shut up shut up!). Bonus points. I always love the concept of female Gundam pilots. I hope she'll be [relatively] mentally stable and a good pilot. We haven't had a respectable female Gundam pilot since Emma Sheen.

EDIT: "Neena is the youngest with a mole on her shoulder. The outgoing carefree type and the most popular of the three."

Even more promising.

Also, BAD HARO should be awesome.

As to their origin/role, they could be antagonistic. I think it'll play out that Alehandro will be observing Celestial Being getting their butts kicked, so he decides "We'll have to use those." and calls in the Thrones. They could have a "You guys suck and need us to bail you out, so step aside!" attitutde.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
SNT1

Shadowcell wrote:Also, Demon Haro.
Kratos wrote:O.o That Haro looks pure evil...
cantfakethefunk wrote:...and that BAD HARO?!
yep

Shady appearances aside, the redhead chick seems to be separated at birth with Yoko (animation style differences aside lul)

Ep15 seems to be the most epic one, which would seem to be followed by a clip show (>.<)
Ep17 - Throne Assault
Ep18 - Malicious Target
yeah, doea Tieria even know about these guys? Could be interesting...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Laevatein

More on the new pilots according to this scan:
MakubeX2 wrote:CV For The Three New Charas and their MS :-

Gundam Throne Eins Yohan Trinity/Katsuyuki Konishi

Gundam Throne Zwei Mihaeru Trinity/Daisuke Namikawa

Gundam Throne Drei Neena Trinity/Rie Kugimiya

Apparently, they are Triplets.

Well, the title for the 2 page spreads reads "The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Together, They Are One."

Based on the scan :-

Yohan is the eldest with one mole in his face. The cool headed amongst the rest to keep them in line.

Mihearu is the next in line with 2 moles on his face. The wild and crazy one.

Neena is the youngest with a mole on her shoulder. The outgoing carefree type and the most popular of the three.
SNT1

Well, the title for the 2 page spreads reads "The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Together, They Are One."
creepy.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Destiny_Gundam

Gundam Throne Eins Yohan Trinity/Katsuyuki Konishi
Kamina as the cool headed type?

Does. Not. Compute.

I look forward to it.
SNT1 wrote:Shady appearances aside, the redhead chick seems to be separated at birth with Yoko (animation style differences aside lul)
If you mean Yoko from Inukami, I'd have to agree.
Recon 5

Well, Gurren Lagann's Yoko is a redhead too...
SNT1

Was talking about TTGL's Yoko, actually. Same shade of red hair and yellow eyes
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
cantfakethefunk

Yellow eyes...

....Soma/Hal yellow? Supersoldiers?
~Can't Fake the Funk~
Strike Zero

cantfakethefunk wrote:Here's the other half of the image, by the way: Throne Drei

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7021 ... 632ab7.jpg
:o

DO WANT.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

I was thinking you meant GL Yoko, but in that case, the similarities end at the hair colour. While Inukami Yoko has green hair, she has her hair tied on both sides like Neena has.

At any rate, it doesn't matter who looks like who, I just hope she's a good character. I don't want another ZnT Louise performance out of Kugimiya. At any rate, I'll still enjoy listening to her.

And there's already Chiwa Saito. Now if they gave Kana Ueda and Shizuka Itou some roles, I'd be in heaven.