Gundam Seed Destiny: Logos

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
marito yuy

Gundam Seed Destiny: Logos

Iam watching episode 34 of Gundam Seed Destiny and Iam not sure what Logos is. Is it logos like apple, bandai, wal-mart, ect? Or is it some type of company? Can someone please explain this to me real quick.
Kavik Ryx

It's more like a culmination of business and military organization, and sort of Military Industrial Complex. To get a better idea, I think Eisenhower had a speech about how their threat to society. Logos was exactly that.
Zero Revenge

Ever hear of the Illuminati? A secret Worldwide underground organization that supposedly runs the world? It was like that, just full of Rich Guys who played chess with the entire world and made insane loads of money from it.
wing zero alpha

Zero Revenge wrote:Ever hear of the Illuminati? A secret Worldwide underground organization that supposedly runs the world? It was like that, just full of Rich Guys who played chess with the entire world and made insane loads of money from it.
More like playing pool than chess, but yeah, that's generally it. I wonder if there was a Kennedy among them.
ExhileVoid

I'm still wondering if Logos purely hates coordinators just because they're genetically superior to them or is it because for economic reasons? Coordinators are obliviously superior to naturals both physically and mentally and they may even have the potential to out produce Earth's entire economy. I heard somewhere (maybe in economics class) that there's a limited distribution of wealth in the world meaning for example if a country gets richer, other outside countries may get poorer. Maybe Logos sees PLANT as an economic threat that so they convinced people on Earth to hate all coordinators and PLANT to make seem like monsters than humans much like how Hitler convinced Germany to hate all people of Jewish descents. I'm guessing in a way, the coordinators were made as the scapegoats.

And also at the same time, War = Money (Blood Money) and development of newer technologies.
ShadowCell

I think it was easier to just cry witch at the Coordinators as an excuse for people to buy weapons to fight them with. LOGOS was a bunch of arms manufacturers who instigated wars from behind the scenes so they'd have plenty of customers, as I recall.
Dark Duel

I really think it was a little bit of both, as the primary architect of the whole "Declare War on Coordinators" plan was, after all, the leader of Blue Cosmos.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Zero Revenge

But wasn't Gilbert part of Logos? He's a Coordinator. I doubt it was merely they all hate Coordinators, I think it was just Djibril...

Assumptions, no real proof... they never really state that Gilbert was apart of it, but there's so many hints.
ShadowCell

Gilbert was getting information on LOGOS from his double-agent, Mathias Aducarf, from DESTINY ASTRAY. He wasn't actually part of it.

And a big shout-out to ASTRAY for once more filling in a plot hole and covering Fukuda's ass.
Dark Duel

Zero Revenge wrote:But wasn't Gilbert part of Logos? He's a Coordinator. I doubt it was merely they all hate Coordinators, I think it was just Djibril...
No, he wasn't. Besides Djibril and Blue Cosmos, Logos was composed of the Earth's military-industrial complex - the leaders of all the major mobile weapon manufacturers, such as the Azrael Comglomerate, Aducarf Mechano Industries, Aktaion, etc...
Mathias Aducarf(As in Aducarf Mechano Industries) was, or so I've heard, acting as a double agent on Durandal's behalf
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Zero Revenge

ShadowCell wrote:Gilbert was getting information on LOGOS from his double-agent, Mathias Aducarf, from DESTINY ASTRAY. He wasn't actually part of it.

And a big shout-out to ASTRAY for once more filling in a plot hole and covering Fukuda's ass.
Oh crap, that's right! I completely forgot abut Aducarf.
Frost

Logos is basically a corrupt group of political leaders.

All members of it and info here:
http://seedgenesis.net/index.php?action=logos
Kavik Ryx

The list is neglecting the Evil Cat, but that's pretty much the gist of it. They are if the Titians and Anaheim Electronics worked together. War on this war on that, and we got the stuff to do it.
ExhileVoid

They started two wars, killed millions of people, and preached hatred and genetic genocide just so they could make MONEY???!! WTF!!!!????

That's probably what every single person on Earth that's not affiliated with Logos or the Blue Cosmos was thinking when Dullindal unveiled Logos to the world.
ShadowCell

ExhileVoid wrote:They started two wars, killed millions of people, and preached hatred and genetic genocide just so they could make MONEY???!! WTF!!!!????

That's probably what every single person on Earth that's not affiliated with Logos or the Blue Cosmos was thinking when Dullindal unveiled Logos to the world.
Hence the rush to capture/kill them all. Several of them were killed before the battle at Heaven's Base, as I recall.
Kavik Ryx

In that case, just imagine if the name and faces were reveled for an actual MIC. People would be raging in the streets. Hey is there a name for a real world MIC similar to Logos.
Albireo_818

No-seriously? I am not sure. LOGOS was Greek for something.....cant remember what......

[Note: I apologize for my miscondut and retract my previous statement]
Last edited by Albireo_818 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
Mwulf

Albireo_818 wrote:No-seriously? I am not sure. LOGOS was Greek for something.....cant remember what......

EDIT: Yeah, a comment like that is going to start a flamewar. No politics, even political bashing, please.

I get the feeling you never read the rules here, so now would be a good time to do that.

~ShadowCell
Wait, what? Did ShadowCell edit the wrong post, or am I missing something here?
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
ShadowCell

Mwulf wrote:
Albireo_818 wrote:No-seriously? I am not sure. LOGOS was Greek for something.....cant remember what......

EDIT: Yeah, a comment like that is going to start a flamewar. No politics, even political bashing, please.

I get the feeling you never read the rules here, so now would be a good time to do that.

~ShadowCell
Wait, what? Did ShadowCell edit the wrong post, or am I missing something here?
It was a flamebait-worthy comment about the Bush administration. I'm okay with mentions of the idea of the military industrial complex--that's been around since the Eisenhower administration and although it has to do with politics, it's not exactly a divisive, highly-flammable issue--and since LOGOS is pretty much the most dramatic version of the military industrial complex, it seems like fair game for discussion to me. The Bush administration and all the stuff it's done, however, are about as divisive as slavery was in the late 1850s, and I don't feel like cleaning out a shouting match from this thread.

Carry on.
SNT1

You needn't concern yourself. Mods do have the power to edit and erase any violations in the posts, ya know...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/