Enyclopedia of Gundam: U.C. Edition

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeonista

Re: Enyclopedia of Gundam: U.C. Edition

toysdream wrote:As far back as Zeta Gundam, Sunrise was deliberately using anime cameos as a way of sprinkling magical "official" fairy dust on selected spinoff works. While the MSV guest appearances in that show also served as an excuse to recolor and repackage some existing kits, some of them - like the Guncannon Heavy Arms, Act Zaku, and newly designed Galbaldy Beta - were featured purely to legitimize the MSV and MS-X series. The same logic is probably behind a lot of the cameos in the Zeta movies and Gundam Unicorn...

-- Mark
The MS are present in their duty. yes. :) But I was thinking also of some of the story elements as well, since even a selective editing of events in the non-animated works cited above would give them some official status. I am rather curious as to what Minakawa would have to edit to bring Gundam Sentinel, Beltorchika's Children, and Hathaway's Flash into "official" status. Even walking back Quess's survival as per the one Gundam Evolution piece would cause something of a ripple effect in UC events. I am a little more sanguine about Gundam Sentinel, since it was created out of sequence with the OAV series and the timeline editing that you have remarked upon in the past. Its story could have a few things snipped or re-written, without losing its own value or its place in the ZZ portion of the timeline.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde