Glemy Toto

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ORegan

Glemy Toto

Not sure if that's the actual spelling of his name, since I'm watching a fansub of ZZ, but I have two questions:

1. How does Glemy gain so much power? He goes from lacky Gaza D pilot with little to no combat experience, to the commander of a ship, wearing futuristic knight armor, and commanding an army of newtype clones....all seemingly at an increased rate. We last see Glemy(rookie version) kidnapping Leina under the impression that she's Lu. He doesn't have a ship or anything, and just kind of goes off screen for a few episodes. Then we see him(still fruity, but much more likable) commanding the yellow Endra(Mindra?) again. I've heard it can be attributed out of context that Char was suppose to be the original guy to split Neo-Zeon up, but then Tomino got the go ahead to do CCA as well, and thus Glemy became the bad guy. But how is this explained in context?

2. Although Glemy was originally the commander of the Mindra, he seems to shift from commanding the Mindra and Sandra very often. Animation mistake or does Neo-Zeon constantly do these ship changes?
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Crusader

Glemy's sudden power surge is quick i agree, but i believe that he was quick to gain promotion becuase of deceitful methods. It's not that hard to believe that he gained rank. He was a subordinate of Mashima, then Chara came along. Chara messed, while Gotten got himself killed. He was the only expereinced pilot around at the time from what i understand. Then when he captured Liena, he made Haman think that he took her to get judau, which was a lie. The guy was a talented liar. As for the clones, he had been working on that for some time, and was keeping it a secret from Haman.

As for ships, He was in control of the mindra for one ep, then it was passed on to Rhakan. His flagship for most of the series was the Sandra. Once he starts his rebellion, the mindra is seen with his fleet, not to mention he seems to have snatched up a sanadaran class ship as well.
Destiny_Gundam

It was written somewhere that Glemy is actually the genetically engineered 'son' of Ghiren Zabi. This would explain his rise to power.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Phantomexe87

I've read he was a clone of Gihren... but I'm really starting to question that, as I just don't see the resemblence, at all.
Mark064

It's not exactly clear what Gremmy is, however he is not a clone. Gremmy rose to power claiming that he is the son of Giren Zabi and thus the rightful ruler of Neo Zeon. Of course this leads to all the badness about Haman just using Mineva and so on. However it doesn't seem to be sure if he is an illigimate son, a test tube baby (which I beleive the novel claims) or something else.
ORegan

But he talks something along the lines of pleasing his parents back home...meaning that at least one of them is still alive(is mother is at least). And that was in his first battle(also first for many of the other pilots who became canon fodder.) so it's hard to imagine he went from Ensign(rookie) to ship commadner without someone else pulling some strings for him.

But I have read somewhere that his family is of Zeon Nobility. somehow Zeon went into the futuristic feudal system, which explains his goofy knight armor looking uniform...that he wears in a desert no less.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
toysdream

Glemy is supposedly a blood relative of the Zabi family, but it's never been clearly established how he's related to them, and all this business of clones and genetic engineering is little more than speculation.

Whatever the nature of Glemy's connection to the Zabi family, Haman is also aware of it, and she taunts him about it in episode 29 of ZZ. According to the background articles published in The Anime magazine while the show was on the air, Haman actually considers Glemy a potential backup for Mineva Zabi if she ever needs a new figurehead ruler, and so she singles him out for special treatment.

As for Glemy's ship, I think there may indeed be some confusion here. The writers and animators seem to keep mixing up the Mindra and Sandra, especially in the desert episodes.

-- Mark
Mark064

ORegan wrote:But he talks something along the lines of pleasing his parents back home...meaning that at least one of them is still alive(is mother is at least). And that was in his first battle(also first for many of the other pilots who became canon fodder.) so it's hard to imagine he went from Ensign(rookie) to ship commadner without someone else pulling some strings for him.
Except there is no telling if said parents are his real parents or not. Glemmy could have easily been taken in by another family who serves as his parents.
ORegan

Well two things are wrong with that.

If he was taken in while knowing (or later being told) his true parents, he wouldn't call them mom and dad. He'd most likely call them by their first name thinking that they are beneath him(he seems to have that kind of attitude.)

If he was taken in without knowing who is real parents are, he'd be pretty confused as to why Haman is giving him special treatment, and then when told would probably go into shock, or belief she was just flattering him.
Fritz Ashlyn

ORegan wrote:If he was taken in without knowing who is real parents are, he'd be pretty confused as to why Haman is giving him special treatment, and then when told would probably go into shock, or belief she was just flattering him.
I don't know about that. Haman seems to flatter any of her officers she thinks will be particularly useful to her, and it seems to work more often than not.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!