Ms Team numbers

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
angelisanguinum

Ms Team numbers

I'm in a roleplay forum and the MS Team I'm fighting aloneside is the 05th MS Team. The battle is in North America, but I'm not sure which number MS Teams wold be located in which countries. I'm the leader of the 06th MS Team.
Stats:
-I WILL EAT YOU!
Weapons:
-Jesus. I shoot Jesus at you and then you lose the game.
ShadowCell

Moved to Anime and Manga.

Why does everyone keep posting stuff in the wrong section?
Black Knight

Re: Ms Team numbers

angelisanguinum wrote:I'm in a roleplay forum and the MS Team I'm fighting aloneside is the 05th MS Team. The battle is in North America, but I'm not sure which number MS Teams wold be located in which countries. I'm the leader of the 06th MS Team.
The Kojima Battalion had 8 MS Teams, and numbered them 01 to 08. It seems safe to presume that there can be other MS teams with the same number in other battalions; we even know of a second 04th MS Team, as there's one in the Kojima Battalion and also the "Immortal" 04th MS Team composed of Burning, Bate, Monsha, and Adel (and probably one other person), which fought primarily in space during the OYW.
toysdream

Re: Ms Team numbers

Black Knight wrote:The Kojima Battalion had 8 MS Teams, and numbered them 01 to 08. It seems safe to presume that there can be other MS teams with the same number in other battalions; we even know of a second 04th MS Team, as there's one in the Kojima Battalion and also the "Immortal" 04th MS Team composed of Burning, Bate, Monsha, and Adel (and probably one other person), which fought primarily in space during the OYW.
Exactly. The 08th MS Team is just the 8th mobile suit team of the Kojima Battalion, just as the fabled "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B" is just the boogie woogie bugle boy of Company B of that specific battalion. :-)

Where other ground forces are concerned, the U.C. Hard Graph "MS Team Briefing Set" provides an alternate set of designations for its hovertruck, which identify it as part of the 2nd MS Team, Company A, 1st Armored Battalion, 41st Independent Combined Brigade. The kit manual says this brigade was organized in Britain during the buildup to a major European counteroffensive, so presumably it participated in Operation Odessa.

-- Mark
angelisanguinum

Thanks, I understand now. Also: what would be the name(s) of the battalion(s) in the US?
Stats:
-I WILL EAT YOU!
Weapons:
-Jesus. I shoot Jesus at you and then you lose the game.
Wingnut

angelisanguinum wrote:Thanks, I understand now. Also: what would be the name(s) of the battalion(s) in the US?
I don't really think we ever know, unless there is a name given in a game somewhere.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Black Knight

angelisanguinum wrote:Thanks, I understand now. Also: what would be the name(s) of the battalion(s) in the US?
Following the Kojima Battalion's example, they might be named after their leaders. This is yet another practice in anime which is actually a holdover fromm the Imperial Japanese military, which would refer to elite units by the name of their CO even in official documents, and even though the unit had an official designation. The Ichiki Detachment of ~900 men which was sent to destroy the US 1st Marine Division of ~10,000 men on Guadalcanal was one such historical unit. And yes, that's nine hundred versus ten thousand. :roll:

I think that during the OYW, if it's a MS unit, we can guess that the Federation would give it "elite" status, seeing as how they concluded "White Base is still going? They must be Newtypes! Quick, designate the White Base our Newtype Corps!"