Creator of Gundam Wing, "Gundam Wing was a joke..."

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ExhileVoid

Come to think of it, I think it would be more appropriate to say that Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz is more popular than its TV series. For some odd reason, EW has been featured in more games (especially in SRW) than its TV series. I pretty sure that fans in Japan consider the OVA/Movie to be much more popular than the TV series in terms of story and mecha designs. If GW TV is meant to be a joke, then EW killed it.
AmuroNT1

Please tell me this topic isn't going to devolve into the usual "lol wing sux" crap that's already been done about a million times. It's bad enough that people believed that stupid hoax in the first place.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ExhileVoid

I don't know if people in Japan consider Wing in Japan to be an "Abomination" or not. The fact is for some odd reason EW has been in more games than the TV series. Am I the only one getting the feeling that in Japan "GW TV = SUX" while "EW = Awesome"?
AmuroNT1

I think Endless Waltz shows up in video games more because it's easier to work with the plot of a three-episode OVA than the plot of a 49-episode TV series. Of course, most of the time it shows up in things like Super Robot Wars, they tend to marginalize the plot anyway, reducing it to about two stages and just sort of shoving it off to the side so they can deal with other things.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ShadowCell

AmuroNT1 wrote:Please tell me this topic isn't going to devolve into the usual "lol wing sux" crap that's already been done about a million times. It's bad enough that people believed that stupid hoax in the first place.
If it does, this thread will die. So let that be a warning to everyone else--you turn this into another Wing-bashing orgy and there'll be hell to pay.
Haros_Pet_Kat

Director's issues halfway through Wing? That does explain a lot. Seems like a curse that happens throughout Gundam series where drastic things happen at a certain point in the episode lineup.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Destiny_Gundam

Director change happened around ep 26. This explains why there were two consecutive clip shows, they had to restructure.

At first I loved Wing, being one of my introductory animes. After watching more Gundam series, I realized how much Wing sucked. Rewatching it not too long ago though, I'm set in my opinion that Wing is compairatively bad, but on it's own it's still kinda bad, but it's enjoyable in its own ways. I'd never outright bash it (again).
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Koshernova

The quote is clearly a fake. Besides being outsourced, there is nothing about Wing that makes it a "typical shounen style anime". Plus, it would make no sense for him to make the bet that you could do that to Gundam and be succesful, since Gundam had already done it the previous year with G Gundam and succeeded.

It's a blatant fabrication.
Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote:Please tell me this topic isn't going to devolve into the usual "lol wing sux" crap that's already been done about a million times. It's bad enough that people believed that stupid hoax in the first place.
Don't worry. It's not going to, because it's locked as of now.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.