The time between F91 Gundam & Crossbone Gundam?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zero Revenge

The time between F91 Gundam & Crossbone Gundam?

I've always been curious about this nice little, yet crucial skip in time in between F91 & Crossbone. I know that Seabrook leaves/ditches the Federation and joins up with Cecil Fairchild and the "newly reformed" Crossbone Vanguard against the Jupiter Empire...

But what about the war between the Vanguard & the Federation? F91 leaves off with the weird ending of the Vanguard having obtained an early victory in the out-lying Earth Sphere. Yet, through my searching on MAHQ, I see that the Federation ends up mass-producing the F91 Gundam, and there's this unknown Feddie ace named "Harrison Martin" who pilots a very nice custom-colored F91. And from my readings of early Crossbone, it seems that the Vanguard of old (as we see them in F91) is no more.

So my real question. What exactly happens in between F91 and Crossbone? Specifically in the war between the Federation & the Vanguard...
Phantomexe87

From what I gather, there's no real written history immediatly after F91, but I always surmised that the Crossbone Vanguard (of old) still continued its plans. There were several other Ronahs, like Engeist Ronah who probably wanted to pull off the plan to invade Earth. Given the shabby condition of the Federation Space Forces, I imagine the Earth Federation's terrestrial forces were even shabbier, and I doubt they would pose too much of a threat, initially, anyways.

Since I've often heard that F91 was going to be a retelling of Mobile Suit Gundam, I imagine the Crossbone Vanguard would invade Earth, and then be repelled, if they even got that far. I can see some of the new models being rolled out, like the Javelin or the Jamesgun as being a good parallel of the GM during the One Year War, as they would tip the balance in the Federation's favor. But that's purely speculation. As far as I know we have virtually no info on the year UC 0124. It's the lost year of Gundam.
RoninWanderer

Now i don't remember where i heard this, but supposedly the Federation let CBV run Frontier Side cause Jupiter Fleet allied with them. After Mietzer died, Cecily returned from exile with Seabook, declared that the old ideals were wrong. CBV has civil war, Cecily wins. Cecily and Seabook fake death, CBV disbands, Federation reoccupies Frontier Side. CBV reforms to combat Jupiter Empire.

Who's Engeist Ronah?
Top 5 Gundam TV Shows: 1) Turn A, 2) MSG, 3) Zeta, 4) Victory, 5) SEED
ShadowCell

Crossbone Gundam explains (slightly, anyway) that Meitzer Ronah was succeeded by Cecily, who denounced Meitzer's aristocracy doctrine, and as a result, Cosmo Babylonia collapsed due to civil war. It also implies that Seabook was on Cecily's side when she denounced Meitzer's policies (therefore, before Cosmo Babylonia fell apart--it shows a figure that looks very much like Seabook standing behind Cecily as she gives her speech), and Seabook explains to Tobia that he was "the Gundam pilot for the resistance" and he fought Zabine several times--which would have to have happened after the events of the movie, because I can't recall Seabook and Zabine ever facing off in Gundam F91. So I guess that implies that the Federation and the resistance were fighting the Crossbone Vanguard for a while after the Vanguard captured the Frontier Side.
Phantomexe87

Engeist Ronah was the Vice President of the Colony Management Corporation, and probably Nadia's older brother, as Hauserie Ronah was his brother, though I forget his exact relationship. Given his post, he was probably the one who designed Frontier Side to Meitzar Ronah's Cosmo Babylonia's specifications.

There's a lot of ambiguity, as past 0123 March, till some undisclosed time in 0125, we have no idea what the Crossbone Vanguard did, or who led it.
Kuruni

Tobia also remember Seabook from history book (he forget his name though) and we see vague image of Seabook with F91 from the book. So the battle afterward is quite large war and Seabook has gain hero-like fame.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Nagato21

Kuruni wrote:Tobia also remember Seabook from history book (he forget his name though) and we see vague image of Seabook with F91 from the book. So the battle afterward is quite large war and Seabook has gain hero-like fame.
One of the main reason why they faked their death in the first place was to quell any anti Federation sentiment because the EFF did not fully supporte the resistance until Cecily came back and would've not accepted the Federation authority when they reclaimed Frontier Side they intended to use her as a new figure to lead them against the EFF.

By the way anyone know what happen to Anaheim Corporation?

I heard they where the main weapon supplier for anti crossbone mouvements and even built a few MS based on the F91 but then after the war they went Bankrupt, can anyone confirm its true?
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
AmuroNT1

The people who supplied Bera's Crossbones were the Strategic Naval Research Institute (SNRI), the same people who made the F91. Anaheim fell behind in the race to produce miniaturized MS and sort of faded into obscurity. From that point on, they pretty much resort to trying to steal other peoples' tech to restore their old place (stealing most of the F91 to make the Silhouette, stealing Crossbone tech to get the Minovski Drive/Wings of Light), but it never really works.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

AFAIK, AE survive. It never return to glorious form it once was, but still manage to sell some design to EF notable the Javelin.
Mark064

However AE does better then SNRI who in the end ammounted to nothing. The only things they were able to produce that weren't expensive prototypes or failed designs were for the LM and Zanscare Empire.
Zero Revenge

Anything about Harrison Martin though?
Dark Duel

IIRC, he's a Federation pilot who appears either in a later volume of Crossbone Gundam, or early in Skull Heart.
He pilots a custom Gundam F91 in distinctive Titans-blue and white colors.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Zero Revenge

Dark Duel wrote:IIRC, he's a Federation pilot who appears either in a later volume of Crossbone Gundam, or early in Skull Heart.
He pilots a custom Gundam F91 in distinctive Titans-blue and white colors.
Oh ho, very cool. Any idea on how many F91's were Mass Produced?
mcred23

Zero Revenge wrote:Oh ho, very cool. Any idea on how many F91's were Mass Produced?
AFAIK, there are no numbers for how many F91's were built in it's limited production run, but I doubt it's numbers ever got very high.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Homeless

Poor Harrison first appears in volume 4 of Crossbone Gundam. He plays a relatively important role in two or three of Skull heart's stories, and appears in a few chapters of Steel Seven as well.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Kuruni

He's only one who truly give Seabook problem (as note by Seabook, it's only battle he need to use CB's beam shield), other F91s eaisly get disabled. And the battle damage CB's main camera, main reason why he lose to Zabine afterward.
Mark064

And he gets beaten by Newtype monkeys!
Kuruni

You known, Hasegawa alway has amuse sense of humor :D . Possibly he's inspired by Tomino? In Corssbone, a monkey pilot middle MS to rescue Tobia.
Heecarl_Reez

what,monkey?seriously,i never read Crossbone before...
but monkey,that's just wrong..
anyone can show the scene when it happened?
AmuroNT1

Apologies for spoilers...

The last story in the Skull Heart anthology is "Satellite of the Apes", where the Federation hires Blackrowe Shipping (the company that acts as a front for Tobia's CV) to investigate an old Zeon resource satellite. When they show up, they're attacked by...Zakus with arms instead of legs and a beam rifle in each, piloted by Newtype monkeys. According to a wizend old Zeon with the group, Garma was impressed by the sight of a monkey playing a video game at Zeon's Newtype Labs, and ordered them used as guinea pigs (so to speak). The place was apparently forgotten about for fifty years, which is where we came in. Yes, Harrison gets kicked around by Newtype monkeys in custom Zakus, but even more absurd is how Tobia helps defeat them by filling the ABC mantle with air, then using ropes to make it look like a gigantic bunch of bananas, distracting the monkeys long enough for him and Harrison to take care of them. And no, I am not making a single word of this up.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power