The Complete Flight Path of the White Base in MSG

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amuro Ray

The Complete Flight Path of the White Base in MSG

I'm trying to make a video that shows this flight path from the beginning of the show all the way to the end. Can someone tell the whole path by episode? I've got some parts down but there are a few holes.
Wingnut

http://www.gundam.jp/special/wb_index.html
For some reason this is incomplete, but the path is accurate of White Base's journey throughout the series.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
toysdream

Wingnut wrote:http://www.gundam.jp/special/wb_index.html
For some reason this is incomplete, but the path is accurate of White Base's journey throughout the series.
Well, almost accurate. In the TV series, we see onscreen maps showing us that the White Base detours through Turkey after defeating Ramba Ral, and its first encounter with the Black Tri-Stars takes place on the south shore of the Black Sea. This map shows the White Base going straight from the Caspian Sea to Odessa, as per the movies.

-- Mark
Nightingale

Wingnut wrote:http://www.gundam.jp/special/wb_index.html
Do you mean that it's missing some waypoints? If not, it seems to form the complete path and start & end at all the right places.
Favorite Gundam Series:
1. Gundam Wing 2. Mobile Suit Gundam 3. Gundam X 4. G Gundam
Favorite Sci-fi Series:
1. Gundam 2. Robotech 3. Kamen Rider 555 4. Ultraman Nexus
Kavik Ryx

I was under the impression the the White Base defeated Garma in New York rather than Seattle. Which one is it?
toysdream

Seattle is definitely the current consensus, especially since the White Base descends to Earth over the eastern United States, passes through the Grand - uh, Great - Canyon, and then crosses the Pacific Ocean. New York isn't really between those last two points.

-- Mark
mcred23

Kavik Ryx wrote:I was under the impression the the White Base defeated Garma in New York rather than Seattle. Which one is it?
Well, seeing how there is no New York in the Universal Century, Garma obviously could never die there. :mrgreen:

But nah, as Mark's timeline puts it, the consensus is that Garma is killed in Seattle and not in New Yark (Although an older source or version of events probably placed his death there).

EDIT: Holy Barzams! Ninja'd by the Almighty Himself! :P
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Nightingale

mcred23 wrote:(Although an older source or version of events probably placed his death there).
What's the general consensus on the coherence and intellectual ambitiousness of Mobile Suit Gundam's world-building and internal logic/internal science?
Favorite Gundam Series:
1. Gundam Wing 2. Mobile Suit Gundam 3. Gundam X 4. G Gundam
Favorite Sci-fi Series:
1. Gundam 2. Robotech 3. Kamen Rider 555 4. Ultraman Nexus
toysdream

Nightingale wrote:What's the general consensus on the coherence and intellectual ambitiousness of Mobile Suit Gundam's world-building and internal logic/internal science?
That's a big question! Three or four big questions, in fact. As for the "general consensus," that's a whole other bucket of worms; most fans, whether in Japan or in the West, tend to assume that the Gundam world is a lot more coherent and consistent than it really is. So the "general consensus" would be that it's totally coherent, but in fact it really isn't.

As for "intellectual ambitiousness," I'm not sure quite what you're asking here, or what it has to do with the White Base route map. :-)

-- Mark
Koshernova

I have one of the old Roman albums that shows the path of the White Base. Moreover, each waypoint, as you put it, is numbered after the episode which takes place there.

Now, bear in mind by now they may have retconned that, but at least that album probably shows the original intention used when writing the show. Am I right here, Mister Mark Sir?
Gelgoog Jager

This page popped out in another topic, click on the image, White Base's path is the pink line:

http://www.gundamuniverse.it/gundamworld/odessa.htm
Amuro Ray

Thanks a lot for the maps. There were definitely some conflicts when I was looking at the maps and watching the TV series like the location of Garma's death. The reviews here say it was New York and Ultimate Mark's timeline says Seattle.
Gelgoog Jäger wrote:This page popped out in another topic, click on the image, White Base's path is the pink line:

http://www.gundamuniverse.it/gundamworld/odessa.htm
It looks like this is a zoomed part of the path.
toysdream wrote: Seattle is definitely the current consensus, especially since the White Base descends to Earth over the eastern United States, passes through the Grand - uh, Great - Canyon, and then crosses the Pacific Ocean. New York isn't really between those last two points.

-- Mark
You said that they descend to Earth in the eastern part of the US but the Flash map says that they land in North Africa. Is it different because they land in different places in the movie or is it another one of those conflicts? What would the be consensus with this conflict?
"The only way to live a good life is to act on your emotions...at least that's what I was taught." - Heero Yuy
mcred23

I believe the map is showing the point they began to enter the atmosphere, as they didn't make landfall until they reached North America in either version of MSG (Africa isn't seen at all in any version of MSG).

manmiles

What always gets me is that in travelling to Jaburo (located in South America) the White Base effectively travels in a completly opposite direction, circles the entire globe until they reach Dublin and then heard south to Jaburo. Ok, it's to span out the series, but that is one hell of a wacky scenic-route!
mcred23

Well, a chunk of that was so they could take part in Operation Odessa, and IIRC the Zeon blocked several attempts by them early on to head for Jaburo or something like that. But yeah, still pretty scenic. :|