Full metal panic- A dancing very merry christmas

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
manrogue

Full metal panic- A dancing very merry christmas

I have been looking and can't see anything on this anywhere(apologies if this has already been asked) but does anyone know if there are plans to do a new full metal panic tv series?
Specifically A dancing very merry christmas?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Hyakushiki

I haven't heard anything either, but I would expect there will be one sometime soon they may be waiting till the newest story arc is resolved in the novels. Also I've heard the novels are coming out in English from Tokyopop.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Nightwing03

Well,im also a huge FMP Fan, so i looked up the merry very christmas on google. On one site the description seems to say that Jindai High School are going for an overnight cruise on the pacific ocean, It's also Kaname's 17th birthday and unfortunatley for her Souske cant go because he has a mission. Well anyway the cruise get hijacked by terrorists, very familiar ones...

Well thats all i know about this series.
♣♦♠♥
OpMegs

At least the first novel is out by Tokyopop, as I had the chance to page through it in the local bookstore. Very interesting alternate ending to the first Gauron/Venom and Sosuke/Arbalest encounter, as opposed to the anime.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Heretic

Forgive me if I sound like a teenage Fangirl but… SQUEEEEEE!

I’ll have to keep a look out for the books, maybe order it in. FMP is one of my top favorite anime, just in behind ROD.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
DropDeadEd

Heretic wrote:Forgive me if I sound like a teenage Fangirl but… SQUEEEEEE!

I’ll have to keep a look out for the books, maybe order it in. FMP is one of my top favorite anime, just in behind ROD.
I've seen them around before as scans.

The novels are pretty interesting.

But I'm not sure, FMP was just an "oh kinda good I guess" anime for me.
Alastor

DVMC was simultaneously hilarious (what with the whole "mysterious maid" Tessa and hot-blooded Sela (transliteration?) bit) and gratifyingly tense (watch out for Kurz pwnage and human-vs.-AS action). I'd LOVE to see Kyoto Animation proceed with DVMC and Continuing on My Own as well, but between Lucky ☆ Star and Clannad, they seem kinda busy with satiating the moe-obsessed crowd at the moment.

OpMegs wrote:At least the first novel is out by Tokyopop, as I had the chance to page through it in the local bookstore. Very interesting alternate ending to the first Gauron/Venom and Sosuke/Arbalest encounter, as opposed to the anime.
Hmm, having read only DVMC and COMO (the rest of my FMP exposure was through the three series), I'm interested to know just what this alternate outcome was.
Last edited by Alastor on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am Justice."
OpMegs

Alastor wrote:
OpMegs wrote:At least the first novel is out by Tokyopop, as I had the chance to page through it in the local bookstore. Very interesting alternate ending to the first Gauron/Venom and Sosuke/Arbalest encounter, as opposed to the anime.
Hmm, having read only DVMC and COMO (the rest of my FMP exposure was through the three series), I'm interested to know just what this alternate outcome was.
Well, for one thing, there's a bit of description of how Gauron's Lambda Driver in the Venom works, mentioning such things as a capacitor and even some kind of "cartridge" that needs to be switched out to fire the shockwaves we see him use a lot. Makes it seem a lot less god-like of a machine(and more attributed to Gauron's piloting skill).

Similarly, Sosuke's application of the Arbalest's Lambda Driver isn't the huge explosive impact of his and the Venom's that we see in the anime. Rather, he fires the shotcannon and the Lambda Driver penetrates Gauron's force-field, allowing the bolt through at near point blank range. Afterwards, Sosuke sees the Venom on the ground with its head and left arm blown off, as well as the cockpit crumpled inward, a situation that would've easily killed Gauron if he'd been inside at the time. Hence he assumes Gauron's finally dead. It's much less ambiguous than it was in the FMP anime.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Alastor

OpMegs wrote:Well, for one thing, there's a bit of description of how Gauron's Lambda Driver in the Venom works, mentioning such things as a capacitor and even some kind of "cartridge" that needs to be switched out to fire the shockwaves we see him use a lot. Makes it seem a lot less god-like of a machine(and more attributed to Gauron's piloting skill).
If Gauron's depiction in the anime wasn't enough for me to assume that he's one of the best unenhanced (y'know, no Newtype hax or fancy genetic engineering stuff or such) pilots in mecha anime, then you've convinced me that he is. That bit in TSR about Venoms being cannon-fodder-fied (alright, so the Amalgam pilots are not exactly run-of-the-mill-grunt cannon-fodder-ish, but you get my drift) makes much more sense when viewed in this light.

OpMegs wrote:Similarly, Sosuke's application of the Arbalest's Lambda Driver isn't the huge explosive impact of his and the Venom's that we see in the anime. Rather, he fires the shotcannon and the Lambda Driver penetrates Gauron's force-field, allowing the bolt through at near point blank range. Afterwards, Sosuke sees the Venom on the ground with its head and left arm blown off, as well as the cockpit crumpled inward, a situation that would've easily killed Gauron if he'd been inside at the time. Hence he assumes Gauron's finally dead. It's much less ambiguous than it was in the FMP anime.
Hmm, Gonzo did seem to have skimped on the production quality (or taken some artistic liberties, depending on whom you talk to). Too bad Kyoto Animation apparently hasn't considered to remake the Gonzo adaptation...

But I digress, we're getting off topic from DVMC discussion. Insightful post you've got there, though.
"I am Justice."
manrogue

Cheers for the feedback, i've read all the novels through various sources, half way through Burning one man Force.
I'd just love to see the rest of the novels animated..........
I can but wish i guess at the min.