The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 4.0

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zenstrive

One thing that bothers me is the fact that 300 years of conflict can still exist there (Ceylon conflict). If Korea could be unified, why not Ceylon? Unless 00 addresses the Korean conflict (seeing how it is a 21st century crisis like Ceylon), I am not throughly satisfied.

And why oh why EXIA cannot Dodge that one blade attack ? Young blood tendency to go swordsplay without thinking? Seriously, Graham should be over and done right there, with his FLAG cut into pieces and become parts of the Ocean reef system. EXIA has a blade that can cut through TIEREN heavy armor like it was cheese, for goodness sake!

My take on second episode: http://www.yuwie.com/blog/entry.asp?id=45219&eid=83057

and yeah, I think I dig on Allelujah's "I Have Control" thing. The way it is animated, it speaks volume about the character. This guy is crazy, but can control himself nicely.
Kavik Ryx

Racial conflicts have been shown to span over centuries. Shites and Sunnis, for example. Such conflicts like the one in 00 is quite real.
Zenstrive

Dark Duel wrote:Yeah, Kyrios does get points for orange non-suckage AND for originality(as far as that goes).
I like it. In fact, I can't decide whether I prefer it or Exia, but I'm leaning towards Kyrios.
Hi_Nu_Gundam's take on the first episode, in which he wrote:This gundam, Dynames, laid back in what could be described as the laziest Gundam pose ever seen, and blasted up its laser-sniper rifle with deadly accuracy. The pilot, Lockon, can be seen as laid back lazily as his gundam...
That is so perfectly true... :P
AHEM!
Zero Revenge

Zenstrive wrote:One thing that bothers me is the fact that 300 years of conflict can still exist there (Ceylon conflict). If Korea could be unified, why not Ceylon? Unless 00 addresses the Korean conflict (seeing how it is a 21st century crisis like Ceylon), I am not throughly satisfied.

And why oh why EXIA cannot Dodge that one blade attack ? Young blood tendency to go swordsplay without thinking? Seriously, Graham should be over and done right there, with his FLAG cut into pieces and become parts of the Ocean reef system. EXIA has a blade that can cut through TIEREN heavy armor like it was cheese, for goodness sake!
Well don't forget that I think 2 weeks ago, on the news they states that North & South Korea are having peace talks concerning re-uniting.

...Now if only Ireland would do the same.

And Why can't the Exia dodge the Flag's attack? Who knows, Setsuna looks stunned at the fact that someone had the balls to attack him. And don't forget, the Plasma Blade is some sort of beam weapon (assumed) so his GN Blade can't cut right through it.

I don't know. And besides, Graham is the Union's #1 Ace. The director isn't about to kill off a major rival right there...

Realistically though, Setsuna just exhausted himself fighting against the Teiren's & Amph's. He's probably off his Adrenaline-High, so with Graham attacking so swiftly (and the fact that he got the jump on Setsuna) makes Graham have an advantage over Setsuna.
Zenstrive

Kavik Ryx wrote:Racial conflicts have been shown to span over centuries. Shites and Sunnis, for example. Such conflicts like the one in 00 is quite real.
A bit OOT,

Syiah and Sunni is not racial conflict. It is more religious conflict. Syiah is dissenting faction of Muslim, regarded as infidel by more traditional Sunni Muslem. It is the same as Protestant is a dissent from Roman Catholic.

I need more episodes before I can claim that Double 0 tries to shoehorn 21st century conflict into the 24th century.

On the other note, anybody played Wild ARMS 2 ? The story is something like this: A wealthy man makes a terrorist group in order to unify world governments so that the world can then unite to face a threat from outerspace.
Aegis

Regardless, whether it be race, political, religious, or because Joe over there didn't get a pony for Christmas (and in some cases, all the reasons end up being one and the same... except maybe for the pony), it's not unreasonable to think that such conflicts can last for centuries. Heck, I dare say millenium, especially considering how the most fanatical even plan for centuries going about winning a war. A 300 year old ethnic war is not as farfetched as one would think. Ending one with many interventions, nevermind a single one, THAT'S pushing it.
wing zero alpha

Aegis wrote:Ending one with many interventions, nevermind a single one, THAT'S pushing it.
Especially when one side is backed by a superpower and the battle itself was on the minor scale.
Zero Revenge

This is why I enjoy how Gundam 00 is coming out. Their motive is completely impossible. (And the show makes it blatantly obvious) Even if all other nations and people(s) were to join together to violent destroy the Celestial Being, immediately afterwards the world would return to violence. Some groups just hate other groups, and no matter what - can never be changed.

Hell, most of the groups that still are fighting today probably don't even remember why the hate **insert enemy side here** so much and are still fighting except for the fact that they have been for the last 1,000 years.

I really want to see Celestial Being get massacred. Before the series aired, I would had said this never would have possible. But now i'm not so sure. I think we might have 'Season 1' end with the Celestial Being organization being destroyed. Would be an incredible cliff-hanger....
Last edited by Zero Revenge on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kavik Ryx

Zenstrive wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:Racial conflicts have been shown to span over centuries. Shites and Sunnis, for example. Such conflicts like the one in 00 is quite real.
A bit OOT,

Syiah and Sunni is not racial conflict. It is more religious conflict. Syiah is dissenting faction of Muslim, regarded as infidel by more traditional Sunni Muslem. It is the same as Protestant is a dissent from Roman Catholic.

I need more episodes before I can claim that Double 0 tries to shoehorn 21st century conflict into the 24th century.

On the other note, anybody played Wild ARMS 2 ? The story is something like this: A wealthy man makes a terrorist group in order to unify world governments so that the world can then unite to face a threat from outerspace.
Sorry, your right, I used the wrong words, but my point still stands. Just look at the prelude during the first episode. That says it all.
Magnus

Zero Revenge wrote: I really want to see Celestial Being get massacred. Before the series aired, I would had said this never would have possible. But now i'm not so sure. I think we might have 'Season 1' end with the Celestial Being organization being destroyed. Would be an incredible cliff-hanger....
Agreed. An organization which has such a loaded name (and again, the implications that come along with such vocabulary) begs for some major drama and provocative events. I can't see an arguably 'divine' group getting away with killing people without consequence.

Besides, the major groups on Earth seem so incredibly outclassed by the Gundams that they must be hiding some sort of secret technology--or this is just another Gundam Wing, which, with such a talented cast I can't see them allowing such blatant parallels to last long.
quasadra

i say CB is pretty much doom when i heard of their goals. if they dont get massacred(or something simillar), i might not bother with season 2 anymore. that aside im more intrested in who the "genius" that form CB and what happen that he/she took it so far.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Recon 5

You never know, CB might suddenly 'discover' the 'secret powers' of the Gundams, become absolutely unbeatable and the whole thing might end with a benevolent dictatorship run by CB. THAT would be unique because Gundam has an interesting habit of doing horrible things to men (and women) of power who try to lead humanity in their direction.
Zenstrive

Kavik Ryx wrote:
Zenstrive wrote:
A bit OOT,

Sorry, your right, I used the wrong words, but my point still stands. Just look at the prelude during the first episode. That says it all.
The prelude is, perhaps, referring to Kurds being attacked. Another 21st century problems shoehorned into 24th century setting.
Zenstrive

quasadra wrote:i say CB is pretty much doom when i heard of their goals. if they dont get massacred(or something simillar), i might not bother with season 2 anymore. that aside im more intrested in who the "genius" that form CB and what happen that he/she took it so far.
I have this funny idea: what will happen to all three factions if CB turn out to be organized by dissenting group of each factions, aiming to really end the war?
Tafumi

Zenstrive wrote:
quasadra wrote:i say CB is pretty much doom when i heard of their goals. if they dont get massacred(or something simillar), i might not bother with season 2 anymore. that aside im more intrested in who the "genius" that form CB and what happen that he/she took it so far.
I have this funny idea: what will happen to all three factions if CB turn out to be organized by dissenting group of each factions, aiming to really end the war?
While I have a strange feeling that something similar will happen, obviously these pocket cells within in each major faction are either not strong enough to sway their side or there is another group within said faction that's directly opposed to them. Secretly furthering the war. Usually these groups do it because war makes money. Lots and lots of money.

At least, that's how I'd play it out. Because then it would be much more likely that the war would stop at some point if you simply take out the pocket cells trying to further it. It won't stop the violence or the killing by any stretch. But at least the war can be closed out so I a new one can be declared a few months later.

Of course, this is a thread about Gundam 00, not "What Tafumi thinks should happen." I'll leave it at that.
Deacon Blues

Something interesting from the episode:
Aeolia Schenberg

Professor in Engineering and Physice
Born 2051

Episode: Holding various patents, he was financially wealthy. However, he always refused to appear on the podium so there are not many stories about him.

Accomplishments: In 2090, at the age of 39, he was involved with the development of the orbital space elevator, making use of solar energy technology. Unfortunately, the technology at the time wasn't able to accomplish it, and society had not recognized it. While he was working on the orbital space elevator, he also worked on the humanoid machines. These were made before the mobile suits, so he can, historically, be viewed as its inventor. Following 2101, he took interest in space development and participated in that field, but a few years later, one theory is that he set permanent base on another planet, and it is said that his bones are buried there, but it has never been confirmed.

Postscript: In 2307, the person giving the announcement for the paramilitary organization Celestial Being appeared to, he is currently regarded as a deceased 21st century genius scientist.
Kiggz

So what do you all think will happen in the next fight in ep 3 ???
So far it looks like graham wants to fight the exia in the air because he knows its better on the ground in CQC combat and he has a few other flags with him.

1 of 2 things will happen I think.

1.The flags all team up on the gundam and kick its ass.

2.The other gundams come to setsunas aid and kick the fuck out of the Flags.

We will wait and see but so far it looks like setsuna is going to have the hardest battle yet hes fighting a Ace pilot and a gang of grunts at his command so what will happen ?

Mabe graham will have some honor in the fight and let him escape after a 1 on 1 because setsuna did not kill him in the first fight so mabe he will show him some respect after the battle ?
Ascension

So Schoenburg "may be regarded as [the mobile suit's] inventor"? And he's the one behind all the solar energy stuff? The more I hear about him, the more likely him turning out to be the designer of the Gundams seems.

On another note, he obviously overcame his stage fright sometime after his "death." In "life" the guy didn't like giving speeches, now he's broadcasting to the whole world!
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Mwulf

Kiggz wrote:So what do you all think will happen in the next fight in ep 3 ???
2 Fight scenes, lots of one-liners and zero character development.

First Graham will fight the Exia, and then lose/retreat.

Then more one-liners and back-and-forth with different politicians to effect the "real world" illusion they're aiming at.

Then Graham gets even more dialogue than anyone else. (conv. w/ WHM)

Then WHM fights Exia. Starts out winning, ends up losing. Like Ramba Ral, but much less interesting.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Chris
Administrator

Zenstrive wrote:The prelude is, perhaps, referring to Kurds being attacked. Another 21st century problems shoehorned into 24th century setting.
I have a problem with this statement of "21st century problems shoehorned into 24th century setting." That's like saying that no problem we have now in the world doesn't have a historical basis or hasn't been going on for centuries. How many problems in Africa, the Middle East/Asia are rooted in European colonialism stretching back centuries? Now, 300 years from now, some things that are issues today won't be, but there are likely to be some things that are still an issue, or things that will be an issue in the future that are starting now.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his