MP Zam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
mcred23

Zangetsu wrote:You don't need great number to have good pilots. One like Karius would probable been better than a noob.
If these greats pilots are only around in small numbers, they're not going to have any real effect on a war, whether they're better than the average pilot on their side or the average enemy pilot or whatever.
Zangetsu wrote:But plenty survived. Also weren't there some zeon on marz?
Not really. Very few great pilots survive the war, and a good deal of those either died with the Delaz Fleet or went into civilian life or other non-combat things. Very few went to Axis or kept on fighting. The Mars Zeon group is just another group of extreme Zeon supporters who didn't give up after the OYW, that doesn't make them aces or automatically great pilots.
Last edited by mcred23 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Phantomexe87

Debatably, I'm not even sure if F90 is canon. But even then, very few Zeon actually made it to Mars. And I wouldn't say "plenty survived". The Gryps War was an extremely pyrrhic war, all sides lost huge amounts of their fighting strength.
Zangetsu

Except for Axis which seamed to have plenty as has been stated. And all I was saying earlier was I put any vet pilot I had over a nood so why didn't they?
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Phantomexe87

...When was that stated? Axis had few pilots, few who were good, and even fewer who were veterans. And again, most of them would have died in the Gryps War, so by the time Neo Zeon comes around in full, they'd be dead.
mcred23

Zangetsu wrote:Except for Axis which seamed to have plenty as has been stated.
What are you talking about? As we've been going over for the past several posts, Axis had relatively small numbers of veteran pilots, the vast majority of Axis' pilots were green...
Zangetsu wrote:And all I was saying earlier was I put any vet pilot I had over a nood so why didn't they?
Because for most of their machines, they didn't have any veteran pilots to assign a machine to, hence why machines were being issued out to more or less anybody who would take them into combat.

Zangetsu

mcred23 wrote:
Zangetsu wrote:Except for Axis which seamed to have plenty as has been stated.
What are you talking about? As we've been going over for the past several posts, Axis had relatively small numbers of veteran pilots, the vast majority of Axis' pilots were green...
I'm talking about the suit not the pilots. I should have made that clearer.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
mcred23

Then what suit are you talking about? About the only thing Axis made in large numbers were the crappy Gaza units, while few of the other units were built in large numbers...

Zangetsu

I'm just going off what I've heard. Which inclueds that Axis took nobers not power.
Imperial

I don't know how we can make this much clearer.

Axis didn't put many veterans in their mobile suits because they didn't have many veterans in the first place. There wasn't any other option.

At no point have we said Axis actively goes out of its way to sideline seasoned pilots (which seems to be the misconception under which you're operating). They simply don't have the luxury of having many seasoned pilots on hand.
This space for rent
Zangetsu

Fine. I concede this debate.