Megazone 23 question *possible spoilers*

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Revolver Ocelot

Megazone 23 question *possible spoilers*

Hey guys. I just finished watching Megazone 23. Awesome show, but it left me with a few questions. I was always under the impression that Eiji was like a reincarnation of Shogo, but near the end I kinda felt that Wong Dai might've been Shogo. Anybody know for sure or is it one of those "Figure it out yourself!" endings?
"This gun is the best gun ever."
Nagato21

Apparently Wang seems to be Shogo and got trick by the city computer and brainwash
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
VF5SS

All signs in Megazone 23 III point to Won Dai being Shogo. The references to Won Dai as survivor of the Megazone, the fact that he knew about the data cartridge from the Proto-Garland, the fact he was nostalgic for Bahamut and Megazone, and the fact that they have the same voice actor (the Part 2 guy at least) all seem to indicate that he is Shogo. Eiji Takanaka might be a descendant of Yui Takanaka (possibly connected through an ancestor fathered by Shogo). The name choice seems deliberate and Eiji did have similar "life data" if I recall correctly.
Chris
Administrator

I kind of got the impression that Wong was Shogo, for several reasons. First, he has this reaction at the end as though he's been controlled by the machine for centuries, and if that's the case, it could explain why Shogo didn't finish his job as Operator 7G. Also, Wang has the same voice actor as Shogo from Part II, Kazuki Yao. That's not definitive evidence, but that coupled with the way he talks about things leads me to believe that he's Shogo.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Aegis

They may not have said it flat out, but given all the hints throughout Part 3 such as Wong Dai's nostalgia when thinking of Mega Zone and just the overall personality that sparked through while he spoke of old memories was all I need to conclude that he is indeed Shogo. I am, at the very barest of minimums, 99.9999999999 percent sure, and confidently 100 percent certain that's the case. Eiji was merely the second man to be chosen as Operator 7G as opposed to a reincarnation. As far as the series is concerned, I still prefer Part 1 over the rest, but Part 3 does have a nice, satisfying end.