Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SigmaX

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu

Ok.

Episode 38 when he's fighting Darius 18. She throws a black/green bolt at him in the sky and Daiya performs a face open with Gaiking the Great. Turns red and flies at Darius. This is where it gets a little sketchy for me.

So, after the redness fades Darius is holding Gaiking the great suspended in the air. What happens now? Close face, and Gaiking the great disengages and becomes 'regular' Gaiking? Then hydroblazers him in the face and he's dead?

After he turned back into what looks like regular Gaiking, you could see what looked like another Gaiking body falling from his grasp.

Am I right in how I observed this?

And also.

Tenchu Maryu and other Maryu. (I can't recall that one, the one of earth)

I thought somewhere in the series it was stated that the captain put a voicecode lock on both of the other Maryu's when they escaped in Daiku Maryu, yet, somewhere in the middle. Proist awakens the Maryu of earth (which I thought was voicelocked?) I know that the captain unlocked Tenchu Maryu for her. But what about the other one?

Anyway. Anyone got some insight to my questions?
DropDeadEd

Re: The legend of Daiku Maryu

SigmaX wrote:Ok.

Episode 38 when he's fighting Darius 18. She throws a black/green bolt at him in the sky and Daiya performs a face open with Gaiking the Great. Turns red and flies at Darius. This is where it gets a little sketchy for me.

So, after the redness fades Darius is holding Gaiking the great suspended in the air. What happens now? Close face, and Gaiking the great disengages and becomes 'regular' Gaiking? Then hydroblazers him in the face and he's dead?

After he turned back into what looks like regular Gaiking, you could see what looked like another Gaiking body falling from his grasp.

And also.

Tenchu Maryu and other Maryu. (I can't recall that one, the one of earth)

I thought somewhere in the series it was stated that the captain put a voicecode lock on both of the other Maryu's when they escaped in Daiku Maryu, yet, somewhere in the middle. Proist awakens the Maryu of earth (which I thought was voicelocked?) I know that the captain unlocked Tenchu Maryu for her. But what about the other one?

That's what it looked like to me.

It could have been a production error or just a downgrade.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The legend of Daiku Maryu

SigmaX wrote:So, after the redness fades Darius is holding Gaiking the great suspended in the air. What happens now? Close face, and Gaiking the great disengages and becomes 'regular' Gaiking? Then hydroblazers him in the face and he's dead?

You are correct. When Daiya closed face [za greato] the normal Gaiking parts arrived and they combined into regular Gaiking to finish Proist off with a Hydro Blazer. The other body you see falling is Gaiking the Great's body.
SigmaX wrote:Tenchu Maryu and other Maryu. (I can't recall that one, the one of earth)

Well, I don't recall specifics, but I'd guess that he only put the voice lock on Tenchu Maryu, as they mentioned repeatedly is the more fearsome of the Maryus. Since Proist got Daichi Maryu (the earth one) without using the captain's voice, I'd imagine it didn't have a voice lock.

Ah Proist. How I loved her so. And not in the 'love to hate' way either. Why? I dunno, still trying to answer that one myself.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
SigmaX

Another interesting question. Rongo, did they ever get into his origins? When they escaped from Darius and stole Daiku Maryu, was he with them? If not, how did they even get Daiku Maryu to fly since it didnt' respond to any hand but his.

And on that same note, why take Daiku Maryu, and not one of the other Maryu's?

More of a opinionated question.
Mark064

For the second one I think they explained the reason why they use the Daiku Maryu and it had to do with the fact it required a lot of people to operate it and what comes out of that. Which apposed to the Tenku Maryu and Daicih Maryu both can be operated by a tiny ammount.
SigmaX

Hm. I guess that makes sense to a certain degree.

Anyway, last question on the subject.

Open Face - first used in episode 12 iirc. He had apparently promised Ruru, that he wouldn't use it, but broke the promise to protect them. There was a small flashback to when she apparently told him about it.

My question. in what episode did that flashback happen? I looked back several episodes but couldn't find it. Or was it just one of those things that they didn't really put in a episode and just left it as a flashback?

If anyone recalls seeing her tell him about Open Face that wasn't the flashback in episode 12, please tell me which episode. :)

Thanks.
Chris
Administrator

I don't specifically recall her telling him about the Open Face in any episode, so it's a "new flashback" in that regard.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Z

My question. in what episode did that flashback happen? I looked back several episodes but couldn't find it. Or was it just one of those things that they didn't really put in a episode and just left it as a flashback?
It's been a while since I've watched this series, but I think there's a scene that gets cut right when Lulu is going to talk to Daya in a room similar to the one of the flashback.
AU_Gundam MK II

SigmaX wrote:Another interesting question. Rongo, did they ever get into his origins? When they escaped from Darius and stole Daiku Maryu, was he with them? If not, how did they even get Daiku Maryu to fly since it didnt' respond to any hand but his.

And on that same note, why take Daiku Maryu, and not one of the other Maryu's?

More of a opinionated question.
I think it's because Gaiking had the strongest flame output/emissions. Also remember that this was a total remake of the original 70's Gaiking, as with the Kaiser OVA being a remake of the later half of Mazinger Z, and the various Getter remakes as remakes/remake sequals to Getter Robo and Getter Robo G. (Save for Last Day because that was a sequal to an audio drama remake of Getter.)
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
SigmaX

Spoiler questions below.

While I'm thinking about it. Did they ever get into why Dick got kicked off the ship and killer Jaguar's weapons locked?

The only thing I recall mentioning was that the girl who kept giving Daiya so much grief (Can't recall her name.) She said in one episode that Dick shot her in combat or something to that effect.

Was that the reason? Or is there some deeper reason I missed?

Also, how did he manage to live at the end?

Thanks.