Currency of gundam.

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mark064

Not at all since it comes from G-Saviour which is an Alternate UC. Of course even if it wasn't it wouldn't make too much of a difference as we don't know how much a dollar is worth in their time. Chances are their dollar isn't worth our dollar and could be worth any value just as how 1 American dollar isn't worth the same as 1 Japanese Yen, though it is worth the same as a Canadian dollar, just had to throw that in.
Last edited by Mark064 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antares

Hum, I wonder what the case might be in CE, then, given how collapsed the economy is (or at least should be) on Earth given the power crisis and yet they churn out military hardware in huge numbers. And despite that, at least Orb seemed pretty well-off, so maybe you could argue that there are some currencies that are used in PLANT (trade money for weapon deals). It still seems curious given how fluctuent monetary markets seem to be in times of war.

Maybe it has turned more into a system of resources with fixed values, or something of that sort. I do remember some sort of currency mentioned in the Red Astray clip where Lowe buys that BuCUE's head, but that is the only point of reference I have.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Dendrobium Stamen

In the Astray Red Frame clip, Lowe mentions paying something like 1.8 million "Earth dollars" for a BuCUE Tactical Recon type's head, which actually seems like a lower figure than one would expect, in some ways, if we use the costs of contemporary state-of-the-art jet fighters as a basis. Of course, with the Earth's economy in the state it was in following the April Fool's Crisis, it may be that the Alliance's central banks had to massively devalue the currency in order to curtail global hyper-inflation, lest the entirety of the Earth succumb to economic crises equivalent to Germany in the Great Depression, or modern-day Zimbabwe. That in turn would mean re-valuing the currency in such a way as to say something along the lines of "100 old dollars = 1 new dollar", in order to maintain stability in the economy and prevent ridiculous prices like $100 cups of coffee (at places other than Starbucks) ...

... Okay, enough economic theory for one post.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.