Haja Taisei Dangai Oh

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Because they're still only human(oids). They're fine against smaller droids, but the best thing to use against a giant robot is another giant robot. Not to mention all the Bunker higher ups are huge too.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Aegis

This is the third series that actually got me into mechas and anime in general. The first and second were Zeorymer and Megazone 23 Part 1, so naturally I'd be partial to this series very much. :) I actually have nothing against the ending at all, and is overall pleased with all three episodes and the entire series altogether. The Dangaioh is quite a powerful machine in its own right, and I loved the overall story with how each of the four pilots came together. And the intro song was just an adrenalin rush, complete with "CROSS FIGHT!" ^^ I even love the theme when the fighters do combine into Dangaioh. :) I'm happy that I managed to watch the series in its original three episode format; I've heard horror stories of the current version which was compressed into only two episodes.
Recon 5 wrote:Anyway, the one thing I can't get is why the main characters need the Dangaioh when they have all those funky powers.
You're overstating their powers quite alot. Pai Thunder has super strength, but it's clearly not something along the lines of Superman. Lambda Nol's ability to fire psychic shots from her fingertips are just tiny little shots that aren't any different than a shot from a pistol. Rol Karan's ability requires the man to run, and even then it's not exactly the kind of power that can flat out destroy a giant. Miya Alice is the closest to having power that can damage something like a robot or ship, and even then it's more akin to blowing up a room than anything else.
Last edited by Aegis on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark064

Dangaioh is actually one of the series I wanted to see due to it's theme song which is actually the exact reason why I wanted to see a lot of mecha anime. Good songs = good shows or something like that. Same reason I wanted to see shows like Getta Robo Go, Baxingar, Bryger, Sasuraiger, Galvion and so on.
Aegis

Funny how a number of shows I really like also happen to have music I like as well. Macross Plus, Escaflowne, Read or Die, Zeorymer, Dangaioh, MegaZone 23, Gurren Lagann, Turn A Gundam, Witch Hunter Robin, Gunbuster... Never underestimate the power of sound. :P
Recon 5

Aegis wrote:Never underestimate the power of sound. :P
Reideen (or Raideen) and RahXephon? :D
Mark064

Power of sound is Macross. :P
DropDeadEd

I wonder if Great Dangaioh channels the psychic energies more efficiently than it's predecessor.
Aegis

Recon 5 wrote:Reideen (or Raideen) and RahXephon? :D
Wanna know the irony? Other than the OP and ED, RahXephon's music wasn't all that memorable at all, especially given that the series also happens to revolve around the concept of sound and music. ;p Dangaioh's music was just cool for being your typical super robot series; plain old dramatic and fun. :)
Mark064 wrote:Power of sound is Macross. :P
No need to state the obvious. ;)
DropDeadEd

Aegis wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:Reideen (or Raideen) and RahXephon? :D
Wanna know the irony? Other than the OP and ED, RahXephon's music wasn't all that memorable at all, especially given that the series also happens to revolve around the concept of sound and music. ;p Dangaioh's music was just cool for being your typical super robot series; plain old dramatic and fun. :)
Mark064 wrote:Power of sound is Macross. :P
No need to state the obvious. ;)
Typical Super Robot theme stylings usually fall upon the best of ears.

I like them a lot.

Dangaioh's is no exception.