Go For It, Gundam!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

NewtypeS3 wrote:Speaking of TP translation oddities, I'm actually working on completely re-translating the Wing Manga - fixing many of their annoying errors, some of them fixed just by working on the RAWs. Not to mention getting help from people who know Japanese for those 4Koma that were horribly slaughtered.
That's all well and good (seeing as how TP's version sucks), but since the Wing manga is still being released in America by TOKYOPOP, there shouldn't be any further discussion of this particular point.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
turkishproverb

I like the one (Not sure if it's avalable in english) Where Trowa steals Garroad Ran's (From Gundam X) identity.
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
Wingnut

turkishproverb wrote:I like the one (Not sure if it's avalable in english) Where Trowa steals Garroad Ran's (From Gundam X) identity.
Also by him now being Garrod, you could say he stole Tiffa too.
Then there's the one where WuFei in Altron shouts at Earth to show him true justice and then the clouds spin and spiral around to form the word justice, much to WuFei's shock.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Recon 5

Ya. That was a good one, although I didn't get it a first.

Another good one is in the G- UNIT strips where they show what happened to the other two G- UNIT Pilots after the Griepe made off with their spare parts...

It kind of made sense, though.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

turkishproverb wrote:
I like the one (Not sure if it's avalable in english) Where Trowa steals Garroad Ran's (From Gundam X) identity.
Also by him now being Garrod, you could say he stole Tiffa too.
Then there's the one where WuFei in Altron shouts at Earth to show him true justice and then the clouds spin and spiral around to form the word justice, much to WuFei's shock.
Wufei's 4-Koma and Trowa and Garrod's are availble in Last Outpost.

Now that the first question I posted is answered, see if you get this one:

Which Gundam character would make a good waiter?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
ExhileVoid

Trieze, since it accutally rhymes with "Trays."

I also liked the "Not Good" strips like when Odin and Lucille kept spelling "Gundam" wrong on the Geminass's head and they had to cross out all the misspelled weird words like "Gandom" or "Gondamu" which in the end they could never get Gundam right.

Tokita also made other series references like calling the Aesculapius the "Z'gok Gundam" or refering to Griepe's third transformation mode as its "Guardian" or "Gerwalk Mode" from Robotech and Macross.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I thought of something just now: hasn't any 4-Koma been made for Turn A Gundam, or any manga for that matter?

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
NewtypeS3

Well, I'd assume it was done for Tokita's X manga - but I don't know about Turn-A.
Hyakushiki

G-Slayer wrote:I thought of something just now: hasn't any 4-Koma been made for Turn A Gundam, or any manga for that matter?
I have at least one.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212 ... 9738-1.jpg
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Recon 5

Well, if there are no others, a good reason would be explained in the last strip. Other later characters like Usso and Seabook say that their turns have finally come but Tomino (or is it Tokita?) snuffs out those hopes by saying that he has no ideas left for new strips. :(
NewtypeS3

Hyakushiki wrote: I have at least one.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212 ... 9738-1.jpg
Sure, there are those - but those are also Super Robot Wars based, not specific for the show.
G-Slayer

Well, if there are no others, a good reason would be explained in the last strip. Other later characters like Usso and Seabook say that their turns have finally come but Tomino (or is it Tokita?) snuffs out those hopes by saying that he has no ideas left for new strips.
Is this for real, or is it just joke from a strip?

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!