Fate of Captain Synapse and the Albion crew?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Hi_Nu_Gundam

Fate of Captain Synapse and the Albion crew?

I keep hearing that after Stardust Captain Synapse either committed suicide or was executed after being Court-Martialed for stealing the GP-03 among other things. Which was it, and why would he commit suicide?

Also, after they became Titans, is there any word on what happens to the rest of the Albion crew, or are we to assume that they perished with the rest of the Titans when the Gryps laser was fired?
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

Re: Fate of Captain Synapse and the Albion crew?

I thought this topic reminded me of an old topic and in less then a minute I found this topic...

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... in+Synapse
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Citizen Costigan

^I'm amazed that people have so much trouble identifying Jamitov at the end of 0083 in that thread. It so obviously is. The guy at the end is wearing the same exact trench coat Jamitov wears throughout all of Zeta, has the same hair, and we know Jamitov had an appearance in the series and founded the Titans with Bask as his right hand man.

Synapse was executed for holding up Commander Nagato (who was under direct orders from the Federation) at gunpoint on the La Vien Rose while Uraki essentially hijacked unit 3, a highly classified piece of cutting edge technology. Admiral Kowen (moderate) was an ideological enemy of Jamitov's (radical). Synapse also had knowledge that the Federation was working with a faction of Zeon remnants (Cima Fleet) which ended up failing to prevent the colony drop. Not to mention the fact that Kowen was the patron and ally of the Albion while it was under Synape's command, the Titans would not want him alive.

To my knowledge there is no way of knowing what happens to the Albion crew after 0083. I would assume Mora survived due to either rejecting a position in the Titans, or was excluded for possibly being a spacnoid.
"Death to Space Fascists "
Deacon Blues

I'll chime in with some info from the Gundam 0083 Documenta book:
U.C.0083.11.23 SENTENCE

DEFENDANT: EYPHAR SINAPUS

■ JUDGEMENT ORDER

Defendant is sentenced to death.

■ REASON

1) Defendant's Service Record

Following the One Year War, appointed as captain of the 7th Pegasus-class assault landing ship Albion.

2). Defendant's Charges

2-1: Disobeyed orders to standby on La Vie en Rose.
2-2: Instigation of using Gundam Unit 3 without permission.
2-3: Use of his unit under the control of his own authority. In addition, participation in a "colony intercept battle" executed in Earth's satellite orbit on November 12-13th with that unit.
2-4: Misappropriation of the Albion while under his command as captain.

3) Details of the Event

3-1:
Well, I don't need to go into the details. We already know them.
Tangerine

Citizen Costigan wrote:^I'm amazed that people have so much trouble identifying Jamitov at the end of 0083 in that thread. It so obviously is. The guy at the end is wearing the same exact trench coat Jamitov wears throughout all of Zeta, has the same hair, and we know Jamitov had an appearance in the series and founded the Titans with Bask as his right hand man.
It's because they showed the crew in good mood while receiving him. Along with them readily donning the new Titans uniform complete with the "happy" background music. So, guess just how shocked we are realizing that that man is indeed Jamitov and worse, the Likeable-Captain is executed. If I'm one of the crew and my old skipper is in dead row for actions I'm agreed with and involved dearly, I'll have some doubt or reserve some attitude with the new guy or with the new faction. Not readily receive him in happy open hand manner. It's just a bit odd to me, probably the same happened with few other guy about this. Not that we don't recognize Jamitov appearances from the back, but we just happen to mentally block his image as we are expecting Capt. Sinapsus to appear. :oops:
Chris
Administrator

Tangerine wrote:It's because they showed the crew in good mood while receiving him. Along with them readily donning the new Titans uniform complete with the "happy" background music. So, guess just how shocked we are realizing that that man is indeed Jamitov and worse, the Likeable-Captain is executed. If I'm one of the crew and my old skipper is in dead row for actions I'm agreed with and involved dearly, I'll have some doubt or reserve some attitude with the new guy or with the new faction. Not readily receive him in happy open hand manner. It's just a bit odd to me, probably the same happened with few other guy about this. Not that we don't recognize Jamitov appearances from the back, but we just happen to mentally block his image as we are expecting Capt. Sinapsus to appear. :oops:
If you're part of the Albion crew, your anger over your captain's death (assuming that was even made public knowledge) is probably outweighed by anger over the fact that the Zeon dropped a colony again on Earth and caused major devastation. And now you're part of an elite team tasked specifically with hunting down Zeon and other malcontents. It's easy to get swept up in jingoism and patriotism following a major terrorist attack like a colony drop.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Ceiling_Squid

Chris wrote:
Tangerine wrote:It's because they showed the crew in good mood while receiving him. Along with them readily donning the new Titans uniform complete with the "happy" background music. So, guess just how shocked we are realizing that that man is indeed Jamitov and worse, the Likeable-Captain is executed. If I'm one of the crew and my old skipper is in dead row for actions I'm agreed with and involved dearly, I'll have some doubt or reserve some attitude with the new guy or with the new faction. Not readily receive him in happy open hand manner. It's just a bit odd to me, probably the same happened with few other guy about this. Not that we don't recognize Jamitov appearances from the back, but we just happen to mentally block his image as we are expecting Capt. Sinapsus to appear. :oops:
If you're part of the Albion crew, your anger over your captain's death (assuming that was even made public knowledge) is probably outweighed by anger over the fact that the Zeon dropped a colony again on Earth and caused major devastation. And now you're part of an elite team tasked specifically with hunting down Zeon and other malcontents. It's easy to get swept up in jingoism and patriotism following a major terrorist attack like a colony drop.
Hmmm, well...judging by the fact that the Titans were formed on 0083.12.4, which is hardly more than a week after Synapse was sentenced to death...perhaps the news hasn't reached the crew yet? I mean, were the details of his court martial actually made public or even shared with his former crew? Considering that the charges reference sensitive data regarding the Gundam Development Project (particularly the GP03 unit), I would think not.

The entire affair is later swept under the rug on 0084.03.10, with the erasure of all related data to the GP series, so I'm willing to bet that the court martial proceedings were kept under wraps at least until that time. And if records of the proceedings were to be released at all, you can bet that any references to the GP03 in the charges would be redacted. In fact, we also have no idea when exactly Captain Synapse's execution actually took place after the judgement was passed. He may still be alive during the scene in question.

This is pure speculation, but I bet the crew was very much in the dark about what happened to their Captain. Though we don't see the air of trepidation or suspicion I would usually suspect. Chris probably has the right idea! -- I can imagine that the fervor and jingoism in the wake of Operation Stardust certainly had something to say about their state. Fancy new uniforms, and instead of being punished for your actions, you're being put on a force where you can actually do some good, and hunt down those bastard Zekes who dropped the colony!

That's at least how I see it. I'm wiling to bet that lack of transparency of information is a major part of the issue, at least. If they knew the fate of their Captain at that moment, you can bet the air would be different aboard that ship.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

so from the ending of 0083 we can see that most of the Albion crew are Earthnoids since they joined the Titans
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
zetatype

Does the Gundam 0083 Documenta book or any official source tell us the fate of Admiral Kowan? Granted, he most likely would have been executed given that the Titan's would have viewed him as an enemy, but I'm just wondering.