Unofficial Victory Gundam discussion thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
fullupneon

Unofficial Victory Gundam discussion thread

This thread will be for discussion on the Tele series Victory Gundam. It will be for questions aboot the series, your likes and dislikes aboot the series.

So, lets start posting!
Glory to the Brodie Empire!

Jun Jion!
Mwulf

...I don't get it.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
fullupneon

Its basically just a free style thread specifically aboot the series. And of course following the rules of the forums.

Jun Jion!
Mwulf

So you're making the thread, as though you are the the grand repository of knowledge that will answer these questions.... yet you take your own question and start a new thread for it?
fullupneon wrote:Well, how did it form? Was it a result of the possibility of Crux Dogatie being related to Fonse Kagatie or did it form in a completely different way?
Let me reiterate: I am REALLY don't get it.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
fullupneon

No, its for people to come up with their own questions and then have other people answer them.

So yeah, my first question is in fact aboot how the Zanscare Empire formed.

Jun Jion!
RoninWanderer

I liked the series.

That said i do have a question, since it really isnt answered on screen. What are the conditions of the other colony sides?
Top 5 Gundam TV Shows: 1) Turn A, 2) MSG, 3) Zeta, 4) Victory, 5) SEED
valkyriepilot

Mwulf wrote:So you're making the thread, as though you are the the grand repository of knowledge that will answer these questions.... yet you take your own question and start a new thread for it?
fullupneon wrote:Well, how did it form? Was it a result of the possibility of Crux Dogatie being related to Fonse Kagatie or did it form in a completely different way?
Let me reiterate: I am REALLY don't get it.
all of the OP's questions are quite relevant to this thread's title you see, so it's a unified discussion thread, free for all, of course as he/she said, following the forums' rules. so what's there to "get"?? it's quite straightforward...

and mind, i didn't see him mention anything that he "knows everything" about any question that might be posted. he may be able to answer it, you might, i might, or some other poster might. that's all there is to it...
Melchior

That said i do have a question, since it really isnt answered on screen. What are the conditions of the other colony sides?

They've all gone "native". It's never explicitly stated, but it seems the Federation no longer has control over any of the Sides. Apparently the sides have begun warring against each other. Side 2 being Zanscare is the most obvious, and the Sugan fleet is dispatched to make war with Side 1, an operation which is eventually successful. The other sides aren't really given any detail, other than what I stated above about them fighting amongst themselves. Credit for this info goes to toysdream and Gundam Evolution.
Mark064

Zanscare Empire formation isn't much. Maria Pure Amonia eventually form a politcal party and propgate her ideas in UC 0144 at the Albanian colony at Side 1. In UC 0145 Maria met Fonse Kagatie fromerly of the Jupiter Energy Fleet. Eventually the Gachi party is formed as an extension this was in UC 0146. Corrupt ministers are excuted on the guillotine in UC 0147 allowing the Gachi party to take over the Amelia colony at Side 2. UC 0149 they declare Side 2 as the Zanscare Empire with Maria as their spiritual leader.

So what does this say in the end. The Zanscare empire was formed due to Fonse Kagatie meeting with Maria. Is there a relationship between Crux Dogatie and Fonse Kagatie no one knows for certain. Both were old men who chances are met at Jupiter. Chances are due to Fonse's true motives and his means and abilities it seems likely he comes from the Jupiter Empire or whaever is left of it. They are like Zeon they never learn. Except this time they only sent out one guy and the Angel Halo.
RoninWanderer

Melchior wrote:

They've all gone "native". It's never explicitly stated, but it seems the Federation no longer has control over any of the Sides. Apparently the sides have begun warring against each other. Side 2 being Zanscare is the most obvious, and the Sugan fleet is dispatched to make war with Side 1, an operation which is eventually successful. The other sides aren't really given any detail, other than what I stated above about them fighting amongst themselves. Credit for this info goes to toysdream and Gundam Evolution.
I think i just got an idea for a fanfic now :P
HalfDemonInuyasha

Victory Gundam seems to have shifted the whole UC philosophy around since Mobile Suit Gundam.

For most of the UC, the concept was "get everybody out into space while those unhappy on Earth can also hide up in space as well and we can all become Newtypes".

In Victory, it seems most of the (civilian) population has gone into space, but now there are people unhappy in space and run to hide on Earth to keep out of the growing troubles between the Sides, hence creating "illegal space immigrants" like Uso and most friends.

And, as usual, the Earth Federation hardly gives a damn as long as they keep their business up in space or directly threaten them and/or they are able to maintain control. Otherwise, they're just a small, "insignificant" bunch of people...like they thought with the Principality of Zeon, Axis Zeon, Char's Neo Zeon, and the Crossbone Vanguard. And for each threat, they get their butts handed to them for a majority of the time, lol. Only difference being, this time (and F91 sort of), there wasn't really any signs of corruption and conspiracies going on behind the scenes and the Federation, when the small portion of it finally joined in, seemed truly sincere in helping and protecting the Earth AND Space from Zanscare.

I did like how the Mobile Weapons, with the exception of a few designs, became MUCH more basic and simpler than ones from previous series'. Even some of the higher performing ones. And even the Victory and Victory 2, the "key" MS of the series, were pretty basic overall. The beam rotor design and the usage of beam strings was pretty unique as well. Overall, it was pretty emotional, but also had plenty of action and character development to go along with a pretty understandable story.

Also gotta love how the legend of the Gundam is still so vivid in everyone's minds. Even the younger generations of Zanscare like Chronicle know all about it and, along with a lot of Zanscare's army, refuse to believe that the "Gundam"-concept lives on in the Victory and Victory 2. ( "They are NOT Gundams! They're VICTORY-Types!!" lol)

I liked it a lot. ^_^
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
RoninWanderer

Ya, Victory Gundam mecha were strikingly simple. Heck, the Victory Gundam was pretty much a grunt suit, and the only thing the V2 had that was special was the Wings of Light and the later add-ons.

I did like how the show had the Zanscare Empire pretty much winning the war the whole time, or at least having the advantage. Only major battles they lost were Keilas Guille(sp?), which is one of my favorite fights in all Gundam, and Angel Halo. Otherwise the League Militaire pretty much only did hit and runs, or smaller scale fights. Heck, the only reason they pulled off Keilas Guile was causing stomach and head aches :lol:

The only mobile armors i found ridiculous were Dodgore and that spider one. Gengaozo was my favorite Zanscare suit :D
HalfDemonInuyasha

Of course. After all, they were still just a small band of freedom fighters, similar to how the AEUG began. It wasn't until they got the support of that bit of Federation that they actually had decent enough of a force actually fight Zanscare head-on (despite the big gap of age).

And the MW544B Sandhoge (the spider thing I assume) is mostly just a modified worker MS.

The Dogore, I thought, was pretty cool and unique...but like all big MAs that were actually animated (except for maybe the Neue Ziel, Alpha Azieru, and Rafflesia, who both had little to no weaknesses in themselves) they had big flaws. As Uso discovers...who cares if the body can "reform" itself if all you really need to do is destroy the cockpit area right up front. Of course, you'd have to dodge the tail sections that get launched at you and fire at you, but that's still its big flaw since they can be shot down, leaving it defensless (in terms of weaponry), leaving just its unarmed sections.

To be truthful, for Zanscare MS, aside from the more one-of-a-kind units like the Rig Contio, Gengaozo, Zanneck, Gottrlatan, etc, I've had a particular liking for the ZM-S20S Jabaco, and the ZMT-S16G Memedorza (though the color of this one could use work, lol). Jabaco, with its whole up-close-and-personal battle style with heat rods (and looks cool) and the Memedorza with its flight capabilities and firepower ^^.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
RoninWanderer

Re: reply

Even the AEUG was larger than the League Militaire :P (at least in the Zeta era, Double Zeta maybe not as much), i think LM wins for starting with basically nothing but the Shrike Team and a few ships to, as i try to recall from a previous thread, over 30 ships and hundreds of mobile suits. Granted by what the final episodes show, it seems that most of those dont live to the end.

Also, is it me or did the Javelins not seem THAT bad in combat. I mean, its all the federation really had, and they seemed to do fine, at least until one of the special pilots came along.
HalfDemonInuyasha wrote: And the MW544B Sandhoge (the spider thing I assume) is mostly just a modified worker MS.

The Dogore, I thought, was pretty cool and unique...but like all big MAs that were actually animated (except for maybe the Neue Ziel, Alpha Azieru, and Rafflesia, who both had little to no weaknesses in themselves) they had big flaws. As Uso discovers...who cares if the body can "reform" itself if all you really need to do is destroy the cockpit area right up front. Of course, you'd have to dodge the tail sections that get launched at you and fire at you, but that's still its big flaw since they can be shot down, leaving it defensless (in terms of weaponry), leaving just its unarmed sections.
ya that was the spider one. I just found it odd.

The Dogore, it made for a good fight. Also showcases Uso's 'tactical skill' that proves really helpful in the last episodes(Zanneck and Gengaoza fights especially).

I still dont see why Tomino doesnt like this show :P
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yeah, even an old and outdated MS can still be a formidable weapon in the hands of a decent pilot(s) and/or using the right tactics. Obviously, just charging in while shooting won't do much with such a gap ^^;;

A good example being in F91 with how well Birgit fought against the Crossbone Vanguard in a Heavygun when the Heavygun had ALREADY been outdated years before. It was already 14 years after its initial rollout date as well ( UC 0109 according to MAHQ profile...F91 being UC 0123) and had been taken over by things like the G-Cannon, but he still managed to shoot down 1 and damaged a few others. (granted, the enemy stupidly turned his attention away from him)

If you look at the overall specs of the Javelin, they're not too horribly small compared to Zanscare and League Militaire grunt MS. Out of the Javelin in comparison to the Gunblastor, the only place it really falters in is overall speed and maneuverability (having less rocket thrusters and apogee motors, and such). The generator power doesn't really count TOO greatly to me...neither do the armaments since they're still pretty basic things. Same with comparing it to the Zoloat.

I remember one instance where 3 Javelin's held their beam shields together to protect a ship (I think it was the Reinforce, but I can't remember) and even were able to block off shots from the Gottrlatan's mega beam cannon in doing so. =)
fullupneon

Thanks for the replies so far.

The reason why I started this thread is because I just recently got done watching Victory Gundam.

But anyhoo, one time I heard a rumor that Cronicle is the second coming of Jerid, but I just don't see how this is true. Can anyone shed some light on this?

And also was there a treaty between the League Militaire and/or the Federation with the Zanscare Empire after the Angel Halo attack?

Jun Jion!
HalfDemonInuyasha

It's mostly because Chronicle was an ace pilot of Zanscare, the upper-power party who never seemed to get defeated EXCEPT by the Guhdam of the series. Like how Jerid never seemed to have any trouble UNTIL he ends up facing Kamille in the Gundam Mark II/Zeta Gundam. Then everything pretty much goes downhill for either of them and they both end up getting killed by the main character as well. In a pretty bad way as well...Jerid getting kicked into an explosing Radish-class ship and Chronicle just falling from the sky onto a chunk of Angel Halo.

Also, I'd guess there was some sort of "ceasefire treaty" between the Federation and Zanscare...but obviously, it's nothing but a feint. The Federation never learned its lessons from the past with Haman and Char with Neo Zeon...
Crusader

With an exception of few, why do most of the Zansacre people dislike Kagatie? Most of the face people Of Zansacare seem to have something against him. We know Tassilo,Chronicle, and Pippenden had something against him. Yet the ladies don't seem to care, which i find odd.
fullupneon

Well as far as Tassilo goes, it would depend on whether or not you mean before or after episode 20 something when he was sentenced to the guillitine. Because if it was after, well then there you have it because it was Kagatie who sentenced him.

Jun Jion!
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

Crusader wrote:With an exception of few, why do most of the Zansacre people dislike Kagatie? Most of the face people Of Zansacare seem to have something against him. We know Tassilo,Chronicle, and Pippenden had something against him. Yet the ladies don't seem to care, which i find odd.
I think the three has the right to bear grudge with Kagatie, the reasons are:

Tassilo- Being suddenly put to the guillotine line with the people whom he fought for the glory of his superior is enough reason to really hate Kagatie

Chronicle- Kagatie who has the complete control over his sister and blocking his chance to be a big shot in the empire is again another reason to really hate good old Kagatie.

Pippenden- Also sees Kagatie as a big block to his ambition and plans to kill that old man someday.

ONE BIG V GUNDAM QUESTION:

What was the main purpose of Fuala's supposed space exile? I know it is supposed to show that weak military leaders die to motivate its commanders and soldiers to fight harder. But seeing Fuala returned from the Space exile, she turned out to be a one big mean newtype fighting machine that caused Uso many troubles near the end (and the only villain in Gundam that seems going stronger as the show progress). Is the Space Exile of Fuala, a Zanscare experiment to tap the newtype potential in people in a horrible way?
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches