A few C.E questions

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Ragormha

A few C.E questions

Most are technical, some are otherwise.

I'll start with the otherwise, what the hell do all the ZAFT acronyms like CGUE, GINN, BABI, etc. stand for.
Not the UC-rips like the ZAKU and GOUF, I mean the other ones...

Onto the tech questions, Gundam official says the CGUE was never mass produced, yet well over a thousand were fielded at Jaichin Due, what exactly constitutes 'mass-produced?'

What is the difference between the ZAFT Ion cannons and battleship beam cannons and the EA's beam technology, is it simply that the EA's is more compact?

How many GuAIZ were produced and what exactly are its combat abilities? (we only get to see it used a few times and it didn't seem so impressive, but ZAFT seemed to think it was good, I remember from some episode of SEED.)

What exactly IS anti beam coating? Gell, paint-like thing, sacrificial metal allow layer...

How many kills does one have to get to be an EA, Orb or ZAFT ace? Is it the regular five or more, or less?
Because Mwu is apparently an ace and he has five kills.

How many people are their in C.E who have super-spacial abilities A.K.A "C.E Newtypes"

I know of...
Kira
Prayer
Al
Mwu
Morgan
Rau
Rey

Any others or is that the whole kit and caboodle? Moreover do we know the comparative strengths of each of these?

Sorry for the long post y'all.
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.
Toxicity

I can answer a couple of those for you:

There is no meaning behind a lot of the Zaft acronyms. Simple as that.

5 kills has always been (to me anyways) the number to become an ace whether it be in a fighter, mobile suit or mobile armor.
Mwulf

Re: A few C.E questions

Ragormha wrote:what the hell do all the ZAFT acronyms like CGUE, GINN, BABI, etc. stand for.
Not the UC-rips like the ZAKU and GOUF, I mean the other ones...
Most of them mean nothing at all. Omni means "all" literally, and ZAFT stands for Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty.

The acronyms were decided, and then later they decided to figure out what words to put in--if any at all. So it's usually best NOT no know what english words are forced in.
Ragormha wrote:Onto the tech questions, Gundam official says the CGUE was never mass produced, yet well over a thousand were fielded at Jaichin Due, what exactly constitutes 'mass-produced?'
Hm... I'd have to say that's a typo. Not only was the CGUE mass-produced, it also has it's own spiffy variant, the DEEP Arms. Perhaps that was supposed to be about the Deep Arms not being mass-produced... I don't really know.
Ragormha wrote:What is the difference between the ZAFT Ion cannons and battleship beam cannons and the EA's beam technology, is it simply that the EA's is more compact?
None at all. They're both big, flashy, and utterly useless.
Ragormha wrote:How many GuAIZ were produced and what exactly are its combat abilities? (we only get to see it used a few times and it didn't seem so impressive, but ZAFT seemed to think it was good, I remember from some episode of SEED.)
Who knows. Since the GuAIZ is roughly analogous to the Gelgoog, I imagine that only a few were mass-produced.
Ragormha wrote:What exactly IS anti beam coating? Gell, paint-like thing, sacrificial metal allow layer...
I imagine it as a kind of paint... it's really little more than a plot device.
Ragormha wrote:How many kills does one have to get to be an EA, Orb or ZAFT ace? Is it the regular five or more, or less?
Because Mwu is apparently an ace and he has five kills.
I don't think it's ever officially stated. It could be five, but that would make pilots like Kira and Athrun... what? Super^2000 aces? Any named pilot can kill dozens of unnamed pilots, it's logical to assume that the requirements for being an Ace would be accordingly steep.
Ragormha wrote:How many people are their in C.E who have super-spacial abilities A.K.A "C.E Newtypes"

I know of...
Kira
Prayer
Al
Mwu
Morgan
Rau
Rey

Any others or is that the whole kit and caboodle? Moreover do we know the comparative strengths of each of these?

Sorry for the long post y'all.
There are WAAAAAY too many contradictory sources on this one, but I'd say your list is right.

Also, Chris has tackled quite a few of these questions (or similar questions) in past mailbags.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Volnixshin

The CGue was never MASS produced, it was for the ace commanders. There were not THOUSANDS of them, OR hundreds of them, there most likely wernt a THOUSAND Strike Daggers or a THOUSAND Ginns and Guaizes. just a few hundred if that.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Phantomexe87

If the Ginn is analogous to the Zaku(s) then there would be at the very least 3-4000. And the Guaiz would be produced in the lower hundreds. As for the Dagger, I would guess there were only a few thousand of these, as the EA still heavily depended on the mobeious, much like the relation of GMs and Balls in UC. In CE (compared to UC) mobile suits are produced in much greater quantities, though they generally have a much shorter life expectancy. So what goes for mass production in UC doesn't necessarily mean mass production in CE. I always saw the CGUE a bit as the Gouf, so I imagine they would be produced in the lower hundreds, though arguably it is closer to the Act Zaku, in that it was originally ment to replace the Zaku (GINN).
Collector

on the ace subject, i just think its an anime, if you are named, you are an ace if you will be put into battle, there are a few exceptions, im not sure if tolle got any kills and hes named, but still. thats the best way i can think of saying your an ace.
is a dunce with online stuff but can build anything mechanical :D
Wingnut

Shut your trap, Mwulf. Not only are you wrong about several points, but you also chalk up one of the answers to plot armor, which not only is against the rules, but I can provide an explanation for it too.
First, beams have been shown to be anything but useless. Some of them are large and a bit unwieldy, but far from useless.

Second (and where you really made me upset), is the ABC. I would think it is more of a refractory material applied to the shields that scatters an incoming beam shot. Seeing as Mirage Colloid is a cloud of prisms that refract light and other sensors, and we know that a beam saber is made with similar tech, it is safe to assume that the shield is coated with a similar layer of microscopic prisms that scatter beam shots and are also able to hold off a beam saber as well.

Thirdly, OMNI stands for Oppose Militancy and Neutralize Invasion. Usually Enforcer is added as a whole word to the end of this. This acronym can bee seen on the start-up screen for the Strike and other EA "Gundams".
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mwulf

Gee, I thought the deathly seriousness applied to fictional, animated mechanics was only for the Mecha and Technology forum. Sorry. :?

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Wingnut

Mwulf wrote:Gee, I thought the deathly seriousness applied to fictional, animated mechanics was only for the Mecha and Technology forum. Sorry. :?
Like I said, I hate it when people play the plot armor card for something they can't explain, that's all.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mwulf

Well, I could explain it... but I don't think it's really necessary.

I mean, from a simple storytelling and animation standpoint, what purpose does it serve? <--that is my perspective when I watch anime. I don't care about the technology, I care about the story. If stuff like that can enhance the story, I'm all for it. If it's needlessly confusing (and redundant) I don't care for it.

EDIT: As for everything else you "hated", I still stand by my words, but I'd like to refrain from any debate or argument stemming from it because it would delve into semantics. What defines "mass-produced" and whatnot. IMHO all semantics arguments are pretty dull.

And, again, if I offended you I'm sorry. I'm serious enough about serious things. I watch anime for entertainment so I think it's perfectly justifiable for me to treat it light-heartedly. :P

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Collector

i agree with wingnut with teh abc armor, in the fact it might be a refractory material, i mean he didn't mention it, but the anti beam charges i think would have to a refractory material. and i assumed that the abc armor was just a refined and more materialized version of that built into the actual armor of the archangle andthe like.

as for explaining. always explain, i made themistake of not explaining and just putting thats debateable. if you can explain, whether you are right or wrong is up to what we know or decide upon if you ask me.

as for the purpose? there is a purpose for everything whether mundane or not. whether we choose to figure out what its purpose is is up to that person.

personally, i watch anime for fun, but because of that, i can also get serious cause i like to know how, if at all possible, things might work. if its plausible, or even possible to make it in the future.
is a dunce with online stuff but can build anything mechanical :D
HalfDemonInuyasha

I'd guess that there was only a little over a couple hundred or so GuAIZ produced, similar to the Gelgoog.

I mean, it's pretty clear that it wasn't seen THAT often on the field when Yzak passed by La Creuset's custom GuAIZ, asking if that was the GuAIZ and the mechanic commenting about "when it's mass produced" and making the EA pay and such, meaning it wasn't in that huge a number yet. Most of them were probably stationed at Boaz and Jachin Due and, obviously, a lot of them were also destroyed.

But in terms of performance, at the time, it was probably one of, if not the best performing mass production unit, also like the Gelgoog (not including the horrible rookie pilots the Gelgoogs had), surpassing the Strike Dagger and the M1 Astrays. The only things really coming close or surpassing it being the newer "Gundams" (Justice, Freedom, Providence, etc. Perhaps the Aile Strike with its mobility) and maybe the Daggers.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Phantomexe87

I really, really doubt that, seeing how Daggers are basically watered down Strike Gundams to begin with. Plus that really messes up the GuAIZ/Gelgoog analogy, as the GMs (being the Dagger of course) were vastly inferior to the Gelgoog.
HalfDemonInuyasha

I usually put the Strike Daggers as the GMs given they are much more simplified and can't use all the various Packs like the Dagger can. Not to mention the looks x_x
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Oruma

Aren't the GuAIZs, with their beam claws & rifles (as well as overall performance), the first ZAFT mass production units to have beam weaponry as standard equipments? I mean the Ginns have their beam launchers as an optional equipment, but not the main armament.
That's why ZAFT placed such an emphasis on them, IIRC.
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Chris
Administrator

Oruma wrote:Aren't the GuAIZs, with their beam claws & rifles (as well as overall performance), the first ZAFT mass production units to have beam weaponry as standard equipments? I mean the Ginns have their beam launchers as an optional equipment, but not the main armament.
That's why ZAFT placed such an emphasis on them, IIRC.
Not exactly. After stealing the Gundams, ZAFT reverse engineers the beam sabers and begins mounting them on BuCUEs. Some have already been outfitted with new beam sabers by the time the Archangel enters Andy's territory. But technically, the GuAIZ is the first new ZAFT MP model to have beam weapons from the outset.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Oruma

Chris wrote:Not exactly. After stealing the Gundams, ZAFT reverse engineers the beam sabers and begins mounting them on BuCUEs. Some have already been outfitted with new beam sabers by the time the Archangel enters Andy's territory. But technically, the GuAIZ is the first new ZAFT MP model to have beam weapons from the outset.
I know about the CGUE DEEP Arms, but it is a variant of a MS that does not have beam weaponry at the onset. The GuAIZ, by contrast, is designed from the beginning with beam weaponry in mind.

Frankly...we're just saying the same thing in different words :roll:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
mcred23

Phantomexe87 wrote:I really, really doubt that, seeing how Daggers are basically watered down Strike Gundams to begin with. Plus that really messes up the GuAIZ/Gelgoog analogy, as the GMs (being the Dagger of course) were vastly inferior to the Gelgoog.
Not quite. The Strike Dagger would be the machine you'd compare to the GM, not the basic "105" Dagger, which is in fact, quite a powerful machine (With two beam sabers, EMP shielding, laminated armor and all those goodies) and would be more comparable to one of the high performance GM's (Maybe the GM Sniper II or the post-OYW GM Custom) but comparing the 105 Dagger to any GM is really tricky as it doesn't really compare to any single GM type.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')