Gundam 0079 One Year War North America

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RGM-79 GM

What are you talking about? The Ground GM has better armor and is faster. The F-type has a more powerful generator but not by that much, it has vulcans, and a slightly better sensor radius. However it is much slower than the Ground GM and has weaker armor giving it lower survivability. Since it can't dodge as easy or as well and can't take as many hits.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
acsam

really? ok

was North America 100% under zeon control if not where did the Zeon line stop at and was there Zeons in Mexico and Central America? did any RX-79[G] was in the battle at Jaburo and in Zeonic Front what GMs was use in the battle of Jaburo? and what date was the GM sniper 2 made?

does anyone has pics of the RGM-79 A,B types
Phantomexe87

From what I recall, the Zeon completely captured the United States except for Alaska, but they did control Mexico and much of South Canada. The Federation and Zeon line was drawn near Panama from what I recall.

There were Gundams at the battle of Jaburo, most notably the RX-78-2 and 6. It's possible some RX-79s were at Jaburo, the games often use them, nothing to really confirm or disprove it.
acsam

in Zeonic Front what GMs was use in the battle of Jaburo? GM commands or the cold climate ones or is it an other GM and you think come of the GM commands or the cold climate one could of been use in the Noth American battles

and what date was the GM sniper 2 made?
RGM-79 GM

acsam wrote:in Zeonic Front what GMs was use in the battle of Jaburo? GM commands or the cold climate ones or is it an other GM and you think come of the GM commands or the cold climate one could of been use in the Noth American battles

and what date was the GM sniper 2 made?
Well what ZF has doesn't really mean anything but it had GM Commands, GMs, and GM Cold Climates IIRC. Not sure about the Cold Climates though. Although really the Cold Climates and GM Commands hadn't been made at that point IIRC. Really there was only the basic GM IIRC and maybe some of the Ground GMs.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
acsam

IIRC what dose that mean :? sorry i dont know
RGM-79 GM

It means "if I remember correctly".
acsam

what was the date the GM sniper 2 was made and use in the Norht American battles
J-Lead

acsam wrote: does anyone has pics of the RGM-79 A,B types
Sure: http://www.mahq.net/Mecha/gundam/msgundam/rgm-79.htm

Like we said, the A type (early version, 42 were made, fought in small skirmishes strewn across the globe, limited to ground use,) and B type (later version seen in MSG, can be used both on earth and in space,) look completely identical.

As for the GM sniper II, since it's deployment was so late (in the last few days of the OYW, really,) I doubt that they saw any official combat in the North American Campaign.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
acsam

thanks. so in NA the EFF would of use RGM-79 and the RGM-79[G] right?
Phantomexe87

acsam wrote:thanks. so in NA the EFF would of use RGM-79 and the RGM-79[G] right?
Those would make up the bulk of their mobile suit force.
acsam

did EFF the navy use MSs to fight the Zeons on water?
Last edited by acsam on Thu May 31, 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
toysdream

Actually, it appears the RGM-79(G) was used mainly in Southeast Asia and Europe (especially in the mopping-up after Operation Odessa). By the time the second wave of counteroffensives begins in late November, the Federation Forces seem to have moved on to the standard RGM-79 GM and later variants. The Zeonic Front game shows some RGM-79(G) units being used in Africa, but these may have just continued southwards from the European front.

-- Mark
acsam

would the RGM-79F be use in NA? and would the spray gun would take out a MS in one hit
RGM-79 GM

Not sure about the F-type GM but the beamspray gun can destroy MS in one shot unless it is fired from outside it's max effective range, which is about 5km or lower. Same with beamrifles they just have a longer range.
toysdream

There are actually a bunch of GM variants which have recently been reclassified under the RGM-79F designation. These include...

Land Warfare GM
A variation from the M-MSV series with a white and green color scheme and extra armor on its upper body. Used mainly on the European front.

Desert GM
Another M-MSV variant with a tan and orange color scheme and reactive armor plating. Used mainly in northern Africa and the Middle East. Sometimes listed as the RGM-79SP, now redesignated an an RGM-79F subtype.

Armored GM
An original variation from the Zeonic Front video game. Based on the Desert GM, with hovering thrusters added to its lower legs. In the game, one unit appears in North America after the fall of the California Base, and more show up in northern Africa. Previously designated RGM-79(GRS), it's now been redesignated as an RGM-79F variant.

GM Striker
A new design from the Harmony of Gundam series and featured in several recent video games. The HG-UC kit manual says that this version is used by the Nemesis Team in Africa and North America. It resembles the Desert GM and Armored GM, and is designated as RGM-79FP.

To sum up: The green-and-white Land Warfare GM seems to have been used mainly in Europe, while the tan-and-orange Desert GM was used mainly in Africa and the Middle East. However, later descendants of the Desert GM - namely the Armored GM and GM Striker - were used both in Africa and in North America, so at least some RGM-79F types appeared on the American front at the end of the war.

As for timing, which was another part of the question: The main part of the North American counteroffensive begins on December 5 and ends with the attack on the California Base on December 15. However, the fighting at the California Base apparently continues for a few days, and some parts of the east coast remain in Zeon hands even at the end of the war, so the fighting clearly continues past the end of "major combat operations."

Finally, the beam spray gun. Given that its range is already pretty short, it would probably be even less useful on Earth, where atmospheric scattering would make it lethal only at point-blank range. There are images of GM Cannons carrying this weapon on Earth, which makes sense given that they're medium-range support types with no other close combat weapons, but most other GM types would probably carry bazookas and machine guns instead.

-- Mark
RGM-79 GM

I forgot more than one were labeled as a GM F-type. I was talking about the Land Warfare type though.
bluemax151

J-Lead wrote:As for the GM sniper II, since it's deployment was so late (in the last few days of the OYW, really,) I doubt that they saw any official combat in the North American Campaign.
They at least saw action as early as the Jaburo defensive as depicted in Lost War Chronicles. U.C. 0079.11.30
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
J-Lead

It also shows a Gelgoog appearing in November. :? Unfortunately, Lost War chronicles is just as canon as many of the other Gundam games out there, in that you have to be careful about inaccuracies. (Although at least it was nice to get some good ol' OYW material in the west for once.)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
bluemax151

J-Lead wrote:It also shows a Gelgoog appearing in November. :? Unfortunately, Lost War chronicles is just as canon as many of the other Gundam games out there, in that you have to be careful about inaccuracies. (Although at least it was nice to get some good ol' OYW material in the west for once.)
I was referring to the Manga actually but point taken.

I believe Side Story for DC places both the Sniper II and Ground type Gelgoog at U.C. 0080.01.02. Other than that the Sniper II obviously shows up in 0080 WIP.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010