Jill Ratokie.

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Knight Of Zinc

Jill Ratokie.

Is Jill Ratokie, Murasame test subject #005 & pilot of the MRX-008 Prototype Psycho Gundam any relation to Miharu Ratokie? And what stories do she & her giant killer mecha appear in?

And while we're on the subject of the Ratokie clan, I'm sure many of you have had a look at the original Gundam setting notes on Mark's site. They mention Degwin having a younger daughter named Miharu, who was apparently recast as Kai's tragic love interest at some point during the seres' development. Is there any possibility that she could still be his (illegitimate) daughter?
BATTLE FEVER G!

GUNDAM ROSE! Oui!
GUNDAM BOLT! Da!
GUNDAM DRAGON! Ni Hao!
GUNDAM MAXTER! Yay!

SHINING GUNDAM! OOOOHHHH!!!
mcred23

Re: Jill Ratokie.

Knight Of Zinc wrote: And while we're on the subject of the Ratokie clan, I'm sure many of you have had a look at the original Gundam setting notes on Mark's site. They mention Degwin having a younger daughter named Miharu, who was apparently recast as Kai's tragic love interest at some point during the seres' development. Is there any possibility that she could still be his (illegitimate) daughter?
No. There are a very large number cases in Gundam (Particularly the older UC shows) of names of characters (And mecha) that go un-used being used elsewhere. Miharu is simply another case of this happening.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Phantomexe87

So basically there is no Miharu Zabi? I just figured she kept a low profile.
mcred23

Phantomexe87 wrote:So basically there is no Miharu Zabi? I just figured she kept a low profile.
Nope, there is no Miharu Zabi. With the exception of the assassinated Sasro, all of Degwin's children show up in MSG (Those crazy kids we all know and love; Dozle, Kycilia, Gihren and lil' Garma).

"Kamille! Kamille!

mcred23 wrote:
Phantomexe87 wrote:So basically there is no Miharu Zabi? I just figured she kept a low profile.
Nope, there is no Miharu Zabi. With the exception of the assassinated Sasro, all of Degwin's children show up in MSG (Those crazy kids we all know and love; Dozle, Kycilia, Gihren and lil' Garma).
Can you expand on Sasro? I've heard of him before, but never in detail...
mcred23

[quote=""Kamille! Kamille!"]
Can you expand on Sasro? I've heard of him before, but never in detail...[/quote]

Not really, since there isn't much about the guy we know...

Basically, he's Degwin's second son (Gihren was the first, Dozle was the third). He was assassinated in October of UC 0068 in the political chaos that followed Zeon Zum Deikun's death, and his assassination may have been revenge for Deikun's suspicious "heart attack" by supporters of Zeon (The Man).

And thats about all that is known about ill-fated Sasro Zabi. :|

Melchior

The Origin suggests that although she made it look like supporters of Deikun carried out the assasination, it was actually Kycillia's doing.
Hyakushiki

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=88778#88778

It was brought out in another discussion that Kycilia would have been too young at the time to have plotted the assassination besides which, The Origin doesn't entirely follow the established canon.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Neo-Era

Knight Of Zinc wrote:Is Jill Ratokie, Murasame test subject #005 & pilot of the MRX-008 Prototype Psycho Gundam any relation to Miharu Ratokie? And what stories do she & her giant killer mecha appear in?
Jill is Miharu's younger brother, as seen in the original MS Gundam.

The Murasame test subject version appears in the novel "Four Story: Soshite Senshi Ni..." by Akinori Endo, one of Z Gundam's scriptwriters. According to the Japanese sites, he dies during the experiment phase.
Gunota Headlines: Daily Gundam newsblog
The New Adventures Of Tomino-sama: Not-so daily Gundam parody webcomic
Knight Of Zinc

Neo-Era wrote:
Knight Of Zinc wrote:Is Jill Ratokie, Murasame test subject #005 & pilot of the MRX-008 Prototype Psycho Gundam any relation to Miharu Ratokie? And what stories do she & her giant killer mecha appear in?

The Murasame test subject version appears in the novel "Four Story: Soshite Senshi Ni..." by Akinori Endo, one of Z Gundam's scriptwriters. According to the Japanese sites, he dies during the experiment phase.
Oh, Jill's a boy? Weird.

Any word on what happened to the little sister?

Hmm, if her brother was the fifth...nah, couldn't be...
BATTLE FEVER G!

GUNDAM ROSE! Oui!
GUNDAM BOLT! Da!
GUNDAM DRAGON! Ni Hao!
GUNDAM MAXTER! Yay!

SHINING GUNDAM! OOOOHHHH!!!
Neo-Era

According to the Japanese wiki, Four Story says Milly Ratokie lived with Jill using money Miharu left them but is later missing after being kidnapped.

The Ratokies are the happiest family in Gundam. 8)
Gunota Headlines: Daily Gundam newsblog
The New Adventures Of Tomino-sama: Not-so daily Gundam parody webcomic
Captain Anonymous

Neo-Era wrote:
I believe the U.S. version has Jill's name as translated as Gil, which makes far more sense for a boy.

So really Jill Ratokie is Gil Ratokie by a different name. :)
mcred23

Or it may be another case that, while it's spelled "Jill", it's pronounced "Gil", fitting in with Gundam's history of wacky spellings and pronunciation of names.

doghunter1

I've got these questions about the Ratokies:

1. Would they be Japanese-Irish, given Miharu's first name?

2. Is "Ratokie" even an Irish surname?

3. What was the name of the guidebook that mentions Gil/Jill being a test subject for the Murasame Labs, thus adding implications that Milly might be Four?

4. How did the Ratokie siblings wind up as test subjects for the Murasame Labs anyways? If it's because their older sister was a spy, then how did the abductors find out about Miharu being a spy?

5. Why didn't Kai find them post-One Year War?
Aki

Aw man...spoilers...should not have read these
degwin_zabi

And while we're on the subject of the Ratokie clan, I'm sure many of you have had a look at the original Gundam setting notes on Mark's site. They mention Degwin having a younger daughter named Miharu, who was apparently recast as Kai's tragic love interest at some point during the seres' development. Is there any possibility that she could still be his (illegitimate) daughter?
Most likely not, but I would've liked to see if Miharu Zabi existed and she and Sasro were Zeon royalty. I can imagine Miharu as good intentioned young princess with a passion for public service and Sasro as the cunning and ambitious cyborg Prime Minister to his father's regime.
Deacon Blues

Why did you resurrect a topic that was 8 years old?
degwin_zabi

Deacon Blues wrote:Why did you resurrect a topic that was 8 years old?
Who me? I thought it was interesting to talk about it.
ShadowCell

please quit digging up these ancient threads if you don't have anything to add to them

ka-lock