Gundam Seed Destiny in C.E. 74

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
toysdream

Gundam Seed Destiny in C.E. 74

Forgive me if you've heard this before, but I was just leafing through the latest installment of the neverending Gundam Fact File series, and I noticed that although its Gundam Seed Destiny timeline is devoid of hard dates it nonetheless tells us when the year ticks over from C.E. 73 to C.E. 74. Apparently the new year begins during the Destroy Gundam's rampage through Eastern Europe, with the final battle in Berlin taking place at the very beginning of C.E. 74. (In this case, the first 30 episodes of the show presumably take place over the final three months of C.E. 73.)

-- Mark
Homeless

Well, that helps put some perspective on an issue that has been nagging me since the series completed airing.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Chris
Administrator

Actually haven't heard this before. I'd always suspected the switchover was around Berlin, so it's good to see that's the case. I'd guesstimated that as the production date for everything that appears starting in Berlin and after, so luckily I don't think I'll have to change anything in the profiles.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
razgriz

i guess nobody on earth was really in the mood to celebrate christmas or new years considering the ongoing war and the break the world catastrophe.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Melchior

Re: Gundam Seed Destiny in C.E. 74

toysdream wrote:and I noticed that although its Gundam Seed Destiny timeline is devoid of hard dates
About a month ago you said the Japanese publications were hinting at the release of a Destiny timeline. This isn't the one you were referring to is it? Because if it is the lack of any hard dates is a real disapointment. Oh well, at least we know what yeareverything took place in.