Reideen

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
codename:v

Reideen

Yuusha Reideen, the first brave mecha of the 70s' super robot genre is now back on the tube. This time, in a totally brand new designs, new characters and new story.
I must say, this one's really rocks...
http://www.reideen.jp/
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/reideen/
Knight Of Zinc

I've heard about this one. Sounds cool.

A lot of people don't know this, but this is actually the second remake. There was one back in the 90s called Raideen the Superior. Raideen looked pretty much the same, but there was a different cast & the pilots dressed up in Gatchaman-looking armour.

Actually, it's the 3rd remake if you count RahXephon.

I hope they keep his old theme song in this one.
BATTLE FEVER G!

GUNDAM ROSE! Oui!
GUNDAM BOLT! Da!
GUNDAM DRAGON! Ni Hao!
GUNDAM MAXTER! Yay!

SHINING GUNDAM! OOOOHHHH!!!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

If its a remake, they most likely won't. Alot of the old Super robot shows are getting a make over too. The new Reideen reminds me of a cross between the Granzon and RahXephon.

Giant Robo, Dancouga, Jeeg.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Zetsu

From the looks of it, they changed the lighter, sillier and more cheesy awesome Yuusha Oh Raideen into some kind of gothic Rahxephon/Eva inspired mess. I've heard nothing but disdain from those who have seen it, with its complete change of design and tone and the unbelievably clunky and boring CG that makes SRWOG: DW look like a high budget spectacular(no offense to fans of the show). I hope it improves in the following episodes to be able to fill the shoes of its namesake.

The previous remake of Reideen-Chouja Reideen is more sentai than super robot as the mecha-God Reideen only appears in the last episodes. Yeah, you can say that 2007 Reideen is more EVA and Raxephon as these 2 elements can be seen in the trailers. Somehow, I felt that this is much better than the Dancouga remake-Dancouga Nova, which is such a rip-off in terms of mecha design and plot.
Maniaxe

I'm a little worried about this series. I just feel like they went to far with the whole remake thing. I like the new design, don't get me wrong, but it's not Reideen. If this mech had been a new one, existing in the same universe as the original, then I think it would work. Judging by looks, this is going to have to now cliche "corrupted evil government" thing going, and Akira is now probably going to end up fighting them as well ( if this even is Akira),along with whatever he was "destined" to fight.

Plus, they removed the theme song! How can anyone remove "Reideen's" Theme song? The legendary school-fight-song of the old super robot era?! (I'm sorry, but I really loved tha song).

I swear, there are some days where I wish Evangelion was never made.

Maniaxe wrote:I swear, there are some days where I wish Evangelion was never made.
You shouldn't have said that...
YazanGable

My exact words upon seeing the images for the new Reideen:

"Wow... ...so they've answered the question no one asked of what would happen if the Auge got drunk and had sex with Demonbane."

It looks like a number of things, but Reideen it ain't.

That said, the super robot remakes have been all over the place lately...
...and it looks like this might be another disappointing one.
Dancouga Nova, while not awful, really seems less like Dancouga, more like just Masami Obari being...well...Obari (it's felt like a lot of the same stuff from Gravion and Godannar, just with the Dancouga name attached.)

and frankly, the more I see, the less taken I am with the new Reideen.

Here's hoping new Giant Robo and Kotetsushin Jeeg can turn this around...
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Really, Jeeg is the only super robot remake that catches my eye.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2