Unicorn: This is what it means to be UC...

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Interested yet?

Yep!
36%
Like a man in a desert needing water, I need more info!
57%
I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 meter beam polearm...
7%

Total votes: 42
The Big Zabowski

Unicorn: This is what it means to be UC...

Gunota wrote:Gundam UC info
From the early release of Gundam Ace:

Character Designer: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko

Characters: (English spellings are subject to change)
Banarji Links - 16 year old boy who attends Anaheim Industry Technical School. Currently resides in an industrial colony named "Industrial 7". Having never experienced any disturbances or conflicts like the One Year War, war to him was fictional. After meeting a girl, he becomes involved in an event that shakes the world.

Audrey Burn - 17 year noble girl with sapphire-colored eyes. She comes to Industrial 7 with a certain purpose, but her fate changes after meeting Banarji.

Full Frontal - Mysterious man called the "2nd coming of Char". He pilots a red MS and rallies the remnants of Zeon with his high charisma. Fights against Earth Federation Forces over "the secret" to the foundations of the Universal Century. Contrary to the meaning of his name, he trifles with Banarji and company with enigmatic behavior. Age unknown.

Summary of Fukui's comments:
- novel starts at UC 0001, in which a major event occurs which forever influences the Earth Federation and Earth.
- The main story setting occurs in UC 0096.
- Based on the mystery, it reflects back on 100 years of UC.

Now THAT'S going to be an interesting novel..

Full Frontal.. someone is taking the Quattro jokes to the next level <_<
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
ShadowCell

I smell a DESTINY-esque "big important secret conspiracy that tries to explain everything" in the water. And that really runs counter to the rest of the UC.
toysdream

"Full Frontal" is just plain stupid. Shoot me now.

But speaking of Quattro, I just realized something about the hero Banerjee. The kana used to write his name (banaaji) are a slight rearrangement of Quattro's last name (bajiina). Maybe everyone in this story is a Char.

-- Mark
The Big Zabowski

God of all that is Gundam..in NA at least. wrote: Maybe everyone in this story is a Char.
Maybe that means that the plot will go three times as fast with three times less character devlopment...<_<
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Aegis

And I thought 'Elbow Smash' was bad. >> So far, so good, but not enough for me to jump into this yet.
Qwerty

I bet they bring Char and Amuro back for the dead in this novel.
ShadowCell

My God, I hope not. I've had enough zombies in my Gundam.
The Big Zabowski

Maybe you are the unwitting source for Fukui in this case, SC..

EDIT: From the looks of it, they may be running out of ideas; let's hope that this doesn't turn into what I see as another G-Savior..<_<
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zerosystem

For anyone wondering what it looks like, other than the teaser image posted a while back..

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Titans_Test_ ... &p=5196424

Of course, credit goes to Bazookafied, since he posted it.

I like the design, it looks First Gundam-like to me, which is nice. The feet seem a bit long though... and the image actually is pretty detailed, for the torso.
Last edited by Zerosystem on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Aegis

Well, it is a concept sketch and all, but I like the design... well, save for the fact that the 'horn' looks so... long.
Destroy Gundam

I'll wait for more info before making any kind of judgement.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Saikuba

When this first showed up I was really really hoping that there would nothing about the Zeon in it. Or at least nothing all that major, maybe former Neo-Zeons and so forth.

I mean, how many times can Zeon rise again from the ashes?

That being said I do like that we will see some glimpses of the beginning of the Federation. And I also look forward to seeing the official English version of "Full Frontal" should this ever come over here (which granted is probably unlikely). I have to wonder if, even though the name is just English words, it would be fudged enough in the translation to obscure the original name.
The Big Zabowski

Zerosystem wrote:For anyone wondering what it looks like, other than the teaser image posted a while back..

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Titans_Test_ ... &p=5196424

Of course, credit goes to Bazookafied, since he posted it.

I like the design, it looks First Gundam-like to me, which is nice. The feet seem a bit long though... and the image actually is pretty detailed, for the torso.
If that was on facebook, and not anywhere else, I'd say it was a piece of fanart..

I'm keeping my beans in the can on this one until the burrito is done..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

Tell you the truth, this novel doesnt interest me too much, which is quite surprising considering it's a UC story. While the story seems a tiny bit interesting, the characters dont stick out too much to me. "Full Frontal" as a name...? I'm thinking that this would sound more like a name if it stayed as "Furu Foranteru."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Melchior

This topic has an image of Full Frontal (I'm not sure whether Deacon would want me just posting the image, so I'll send you to the topic instead):
http://forums.zeonic-republic.net/index ... entry15959
Wingnut

He looks like a cross between OYW Char and Zechs, even the uniform looks like a cross between the two.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ShadowCell

Why the hell does everyone wanna be a Char these days? It's an ironclad guarantee to get your ass frequently kicked by Amuro.
wing zero alpha

"Full Frontal" is just plain stupid. Shoot me now.
On the other hand, it's nice to see the novel keeping to the tradition of funky names that could double as sexual or anatomical references.
I smell a DESTINY-esque "big important secret conspiracy that tries to explain everything" in the water. And that really runs counter to the rest of the UC.
You're not the only one. Everything has to have a tabloid conspiricy behind it I guess, although for some reason I'm intrigued by an attempt to explain the background of the Universal Century. Who knows, maybe they'll pull it off right.

Why the hell does everyone wanna be a Char these days? It's an ironclad guarantee to get your ass frequently kicked by Amuro.
Snazzy red mobile suits, pimping fourteen-sixteen year old newtypes/coordinators/whatever and usually getting a fanbase that thinks you're the next best thing to indoor plumbing?
ShadowCell

wing zero alpha wrote:On the other hand, it's nice to see the novel keeping to the tradition of funky names that could double as sexual or anatomical references.
I dunno, "Full Frontal" sounds like some kind of creepy Japanese walking-a-thin-line-between-sexual-deviant-and-comedian. Kinda like Hard Gay.
Seeing that image doesn't help me much either, it looks like Char either joined a marching band or he became a foot guard at Buckingham Palace.
The opening narration begins, "One time at band camp..."
wing zero alpha

ShadowCell wrote:I dunno, "Full Frontal" sounds like some kind of creepy Japanese walking-a-thin-line-between-sexual-deviant-and-comedian. Kinda like Hard Gay.
Is it any different from Jamitov Hyman or the infamous Quattro Vajina? Personally, it makes me think of a bad Alchemist title from FMA. The Full Frontal Alchemist.... Yeah.