Greatest Gundam Villians/Evil Moments

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
UrbanSniper

Well, one of the more recent 'evil moments' I'd have to say that's stuck with me was actually Nena Trinity crashing the wedding in 00. I love to see female pilots, and I love it when said pilots are either very skilled(Soma comes to mind here) or just psycho, like Nena. The fact that she wasted everyone and left Louise missing a hand just because she was jealous of them having a good time while she was working, and that she was so cheerful about it, really made it stick with me. I'm anxious to see just how this is going to come back and bite her.
YazanGable

You know, for all the talk of Neena's actions, I'm surprised no one's discussed
00 spoilers wrote: Ali intercepting Kinue, driving her out to a remote location, shooting her in the stomach and then leaving her to die a slow death. Not under orders, simply because he felt like it.
More and more, he's been shaping up to be pretty damn cold-blooded...and given his connections, he stands to be even more dangerous than just a standard merc with a love of carnage.
WingZero20xx

At first i considered rau lecreuset's killing of fllay was horrible

but after seeing gundam 00, nena's murder of louise's parents as well as the innocent civilians at the party took the cake

but then i saw ali's murder of saji's sister...

in all honesty, gundam 00 has some of the most villainous, despicable moments ive ever seen
Dean_the_Young

Gundam 00 is rather funny, because there are so few absolutely "evil" characters while the good characters can have such evil intonations.

Our Gundam Miesters, piloting the big cheerful gundams of old, are a bunch of people with problems raging from denial to patricide to sadism. I remember when everyone was going "Tieria is going to be teh villain!" because he was menacing and mysterious.

The Trinities, despite one being hyperaggressive and Neena being, well, twisted, and despite having the most ominous and "red eyes is EVIL" Gundams since the subtly-named Destroy, have also been the most loyal to Celestial Being, the protagonists of the series.

Not even most of the enemy aces get off scotch free. Patrick aside (and I STILL maintain that he looks like the pokemon Dioxis when in his martian-pilot suit, and Dioxis was pretty menacing in the movie), Ali is the outright worst man in the series so far. While Sergei is noble, it's never far from apparent that he knows he's using a child-soldier in Soma, who's first time in a mobile suit resulted in an attack on the HRL tower. Not even Graham gets away scott free; while out of suit he's one of the most sane people around, the Custom Flag is one of the most menacing suits outside the trinities in 00; red mono-eye and flashing face plate, imagry suitable for evangelion, often being the black suit of the night, it's looming. (Just in episode 22, the scene with Billy and Graham has a EVA-worthy scene, where a man's silihout is visible in a high window as technicians maintain the safely-constrained giant humanoid below.)

Even the powers are mixed. The AEU as a whole gives off "democratic but powerhungry," feel, the Union is "we fight for ourselves, and work to maintain our dominance over the rest of the Union," and the HRL is the "commie" group despite being the most post-nationalism integrated block.

Really, who are the badguys in 00? Who are the good guys?

(end rant/drabble)
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Arbiter GUNDAM

um, whoever Sunrise says are the good guys? :twisted:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Recon 5

00 seems to be leaning more towards the goals vs. means issue rather than who's 'good' or 'bad', i.e. do noble goals justify such means as manipulation and genocide. However, its pretty clear that Ali and probably Alejandro are at the very least amoral if not downright evil. The fact that both have begun to make serious power plays (Ali's theft of the Zwei and Alejandro's acquiring a human Veda access key) means that either one could end up as the big bad of the series, if only in terms of being the main opponent for the Meisters or CB.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE