Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mark064

I never planned to pick it up. Frankly the series was not good enough to be worth picking up especially at some large Bandai Visual price. Plus 2 episodes on a DVD is well stupid, I don't want 13 DVDs for a 26 episode series.

The offical site basically lists what episode 26 is. It says that after they are throwing a victory party/send-off party for the Hiryu Kai which is going to Mars at the Izu Base. Lefina is taken in by Excellen's flattery...
Destiny_Gundam

Mark064 wrote:I never planned to pick it up. Frankly the series was not good enough to be worth picking up especially at some large Bandai Visual price. Plus 2 episodes on a DVD is well stupid, I don't want 13 DVDs for a 26 episode series.

The offical site basically lists what episode 26 is. It says that after they are throwing a victory party/send-off party for the Hiryu Kai which is going to Mars at the Izu Base. Lefina is taken in by Excellen's flattery...
So basically it'll be made out of hijink awesomeness. One of the best parts of SRW is its sense of humor.

At the very least I'll buy the last few DVDs so I can finish reviewing the series.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dark Duel

Yeah, Divine Wars was pretty fun. The more I watch the DiSRX scene, the more I like that thing despite its orangeness - it's got a KICKASS head design, though you can barely see it - like a buffed up version of the original Astranagant.

Earlier in the topic, Imperial said he thought that the presence of Cobray and Astranagant was symbolic - he wasn't actually there, but meant to represent Ingram's own desire to be free, as opposed to "Yes-Master-I-shall-conquer-the-Humans" Ingram (his phrase, not mine).
Tht's what I think too, especially given it's ASTRANAGANT that appeared, not DIS ASTRANAGANT - Cobray never piloted the original Astranagant.
Though I think Astranagant is one of the most badass mech in the SRW universe, and I did like Guilliam Yeager's "OMGWTF?" look when he saw Astranagant seemingly pop out of Septuagint's skin.

R-Gun Rivale I would put on the level of Cobray's Werkbau. I'd say the Astranagants are roughly equal, with probably Dis being somewhat more powerful.
Though with what I've found out since watching the series, Shu Shirakawa is now one of my favorite characters. Pity he pretty much disappears after the Antarctica incident - he only has one short appearance in the Valsione's debut ep.

Though best villain death in the series goes to Adler. PWNED by Sanger, so awesome.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Chris
Administrator

Mark064 wrote:I never planned to pick it up. Frankly the series was not good enough to be worth picking up especially at some large Bandai Visual price. Plus 2 episodes on a DVD is well stupid, I don't want 13 DVDs for a 26 episode series.
Now that we know there is an episode 26, it looks like the American DVD release will be nine volumes, just like the Japanese one. That's not so great, but still better than the prospect of 13 volumes. Still, I don't see myself running to the store to get these.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Direct X

I do recommend this series. I've watched a couple of the last episodes and it turned out better than I thought. :P
Wingnut

Episode 26 after the war party?
Yes, Excellen is in the bunny suit, but Garnet isn't in the other one. Who is shocks the cast (even the stoic ones) and will surprise you too.
Last edited by Wingnut on Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Hyakushiki

About time she got a reaction out of Kyosuke, Only Excellen could get Lefina to do something like that. :lol:
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Destiny_Gundam

Best. Reaction. Shot. Ever.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Best. Reaction. Shot. Ever.
Here's my take on that line:
Best. Latooni. Reaction. Shot. Ever. That last shot has got to be close to more emotion than she showed in the entire series. :D

Well, here's to OG2 getting a series. :)
codename:v

OG2 series? Not likely... Do you think that Banpresto will be allowed to animate a Huckebein MKIII?
Chris
Administrator

codename:v wrote:OG2 series? Not likely... Do you think that Banpresto will be allowed to animate a Huckebein MKIII?
Christ...can people please stop spreading these ridiculous rumors and innuendos about Huckebeins? Banpresto is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bandai, so all this stupid internet talk of Bandai being upset at Huckebeins resembling Gundams is beyond ridiculous.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

codename:v wrote:OG2 series? Not likely... Do you think that Banpresto will be allowed to animate a Huckebein MKIII?
That rumor's been long since debunked anyways. Huckies were in OGs and if you look at Wingnut's second set of images, the Huckie Mark III is on the screen.

Hopefully we'll get an OG2 anime. It seems like it's be a good time for it. OGs did fairly well, OG Gaiden's coming out soon, and the DVD releases of Divine Wars just finished up.
Ascension

I thought when it was announced they said Divine Wars was going to be covering both games. Did their plans change, or was I mistaken from the first?

Although I prefer Kyosuke and company to the SRX team, and from what I hear DW focuses primarily on Ryusei and friends, I'm still looking forward to seeing it. I remember thinking as I was playing OG1 that I preferred its story to most of the mecha anime I've seen... :lol:
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Destiny_Gundam

No, that was misinformation.

And yeah, Divine Wars covers Ryusei's route. Though this leads me to believe they had atleast concidered doing an OG2 anime, as OG2 is very Kyosuke/Excellen centric.
Mark064

But the OG OVA was Excellen and Kyosuke centric so it sort of evens it out if you think about it. Really they had no choice of whose story to follow in Divine Wars if they are doing an adaption of OG1 the only possible choice is Ryusei. If they wanted to do an OG2 anime I think they'd need a lot more money as 26 episodes isn't going to cut it.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, I think that after OG1, there's not much left to do with the SRX team. Their story wraps up nicely at the end of the series, and as a team there's not much more they can develop. Of course OG2 had some development for Rai and Aya and introduced Mai, but the SRX team won't play a significant role until they use Alpha 3's storyline.

I wouldn't really say the OVA was Kyosuke/Excellen centric, I'd say they were just more prominent. The OVA is a follow up to OG2 anyways and OG2 was entirely Kyosuke/Excellen's game (which is a given, concidering Impact's plot was the main one, and that's Kyosuke and Excellen's game of origin). Of course any OG2 anime will focus on those two, I just think the anime staff said "Well, if we end up doing OG2, let's give the SRX team their turn in the spotlight for the first series before we switch focus."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Y'know, I've been wondering....in that whole party scene, where's Ryusei and the SRX team? On a mission? Giving a report? On vacation, with Ryusei and Latooni on a "date" or going to see Ryusei's mom, as hinted in the second set of shots? Or maybe thrown back in the brig? But they guy who threw them in the brig in the first place got whacked in the final battle. And if they were in the brig, how are Ryusei and Latooni able to go on their "date"?....

PLOT DEVICE!!!!! I CALL PLOT DEVICE!!!!! TO KEEP US FROM SEEING RYUSEI GO MELO-JELLO OVER HUMAN GIRLS!!!!! :D

And where did Leona go for the jaw-dropping awards? She's in the first row of shots... :?:
Ascension

I call conspiracy theory. Leona was in on it, thus she doesn't have a surprised reaction, thus she isn't in the frame. I'm sure after seeing Tasuku's reaction, though, she reappeared in time to glare at him.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Mark064

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I just think the anime staff said "Well, if we end up doing OG2, let's give the SRX team their turn in the spotlight for the first series before we switch focus."
Except the OG1's plot is heavily centered around SRW Alpha's plot so if they did follow Kyosuke's path in OG1 they'd basically be missing the more important parts of the story. It's a no brainer.