Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

I agree that picking the SRX team was the obvious choice, however with OG1 they always had the option of following the ATX route. OG2 didn't have selectable protagonists.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Destiny_Gundam

Sorry for the double post.

So I watched ep 26. Exactly what you'd expect from an epilouge episode. They actually changed a few things from ep 25 (when shown in flashbacks). I wonder if these changes are in DVD 25 or were just done in 26.

Quite a number of name dropping aswell. The Huckebien Mark III, Grungust Type 3, Ouka, Arado, Seolla, and the Zuvorg are vaugely mentioned. Cobray and Ingram have a chat at the beginning too. Astranagant and Dis Astranagant are the eye catch mechs. Some changes from the game, like Ryusei, Aya, and Latooni seeing Kusuha off instead of Ryusei finding a note from her. Viletta also does something. But of course it all ends with Yukiko welcoming Ryusei home.

Hopefully a second season is in the works.
Mark064

If you wanna use the term name dropping you might as well leave out Huckebien Mark III and Grungust Type 3 as they just called them Type 3 which sorta kills the term. And the Zuvorg are not mentioned at all unless I totally missed that.

Other then that it worked nicely for an epilouge. It might just me but the animation quality seemed higher then the rest of the series. Kai's comment about Zengar and Leffina showing up in a bunny costume both made me laugh. Other then that nothing really spectacular.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, it's pretty clear what units they were refering to. Also, Kirk does refer to the Huckebien by it's full model number.

And Viletta talks about "The enemy Neviim was made to fight" and how the ones at Antarctica weren't Balmar. And then Gilliam crypitically says some stuff (because he's already faced the Zuvorg Guests in another world).

So yeah, I used the term 'dropping' because they don't add anything to the story (as it's at the end). Of course it'll stop being just 'dropping' if a second season is on the way.
Mark064

Destiny_Gundam wrote:And Viletta talks about "The enemy Neviim was made to fight" and how the ones at Antarctica weren't Balmar. And then Gilliam crypitically says some stuff (because he's already faced the Zuvorg Guests in another world).
Yeah I think you're doing a lot of guess work. I was thinking that however he doesn't really mention anything about the Zuvorg or even anything close. In his one line all he manages is a passing reference of his own world. He seems to be more concerend about the other things happening in this world with the DiSRX not being a coinsidence and all.
Destiny_Gundam

Naturally I'm guessing, as I don't know Japanese. I'm just going off of what I can understand of the language and what I know of the dialouge from the games. I do know for certain Gilliam asks about the aliens in antarctica, and Viletta says that they were not the Balmar. As we all know, these were the Guests, a sub faction of the Zuvorg Alliance. And we also know that Gilliam is very familiar with them, as he had fought them in SRW 4.