Woman in Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 38

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
doghunter1

Woman in Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 38

In Mobile Suit Gundam episode 38 "Char and Sayla," after he boarded Sayla's vehicle, Char begins to bring up what Jimba Ral had told them in the past in regards to Degwin Zabi having killed their father Zeon Zum Deikun, then it cuts to this, with Jimba's line being "And that's why I had no choice but to raise the two of you, Casval and Artesia on Earth under false identities" before resuming to the present.

Now then, who's the woman at the far left of that picture from the episode running towards Artesia/Sayla as she runs towards Ral while Casval/Char is on the tree?
Last edited by doghunter1 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dark Duel

Re: Woman in Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 38

At a guess, that looks like it might be their mother, Astraia Tor Deikun. I always believed that the scene shown here is a memory from before the death of Zeon Deikun and flight of the children from Zeon to Earth.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Zeonista

Definitely an early form of Astraia, as she was their mother who raised them. It's a rather idyllic scene, given the correlation to The Origin, but sometimes nostalgia glasses help. :) Or maybe there really were some happy family days before dramatic history intervened. Char couldn't regret his past childhood without there being a past to regret losing, right?
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Amion

It's also good to point out Origin could be taken as an alternate telling, same with Zeta's movies. I personally dislike the Origin's portrayal and development of its characters and prefer the ambiguity of MSG, to some extent (mostly regarding Kycillia and Char).

Though to be frank I don't see any reason for that scene to be discredited within the Origin. As has been said, what's to stop happy moments before History and Destiny? :P
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.