GundamInfo uploaded the 0079 Trilogy on Youtube

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
lalahsghost

GundamInfo uploaded the 0079 Trilogy on Youtube

Funky version of Subbed Gundam Trilogy on Youtube for free From July 22 - Sept 21. It is like they're doing a promo run to see how much interest there is. (Pure speculation)

Not sure what version this is, but many of the sound effects are not from the VHS original.

Promo video with details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdDRbwKEBWE

Mobile Suit Gundam MOVIE-Mobile Suit Gundam Ⅰ (ENG Sub) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9o7hgHLm7c
Mobile Suit Gundam MOVIE-Mobile Suit Gundam Ⅱ: Soldiers of Sorrow (ENG Sub) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmKRg9dK80
Mobile Suit Gundam MOVIE-Mobile Suit Gundam Ⅲ: Encounters in Space (ENG Sub) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlB9v_CCVkc

Might be good if you have one of those fancy youtube downloaders, or just to stream while in the office or want to share with a friend who is hesitant to obtain the vids with cash or by other means...
Last edited by lalahsghost on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First rule in EFSF spending: Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"
battletech

Re: GundamInfo uploaded the 0079 Trilogy on Youtube

How many different versions are there?
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
lalahsghost

For the Trilogy, AFAIK

[*]Subbed Trilogy (VHS) - 1999 - Original Audio
[*]Mobile Suit Gundam Subbed (DVD) - 2002, 2004, 2010 - This is the one where they attempted to "turn the audio to 5.1 surround, and used strange sound effects"
[*]Bandai HD Remaster 2010 - "Japan Only" - Original Audio
[*]Bayview Entertainment version (DVD) - 2016 - Same as the 2002 version.

The version on Youtube, I swear was missing the scene where the Zeon soldier was smushed onto the shattered glass of the Musai's bridge window after a blast to the ship. Of course it was 01:00a when I was watching it...

There are much smarter and privy individuals on this site. I'm sure they'll be able to interject more info and/or correct any errors as I'm not entirely familiar anymore.
"First rule in EFSF spending: Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"
PowerdGNFlag

The acid test I use for determining the movie version is when Ai Senshi is played in Movie II. In this case, the song is not played at anytime during the Jaburo battle, and only during the end credits/White Base takeoff sequence.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
doghunter1

battletech wrote:How many different versions are there?
Depends. Anime News Network's pages on each movie note out that when they were re-released in 1999, certain members of the cast were replaced. Tessho Genda replaced Daisuke Gouri as Dozle Zabi. Romi Park and Sayaka Ohara were in it as minor roles.
Amion

I've never seen the trilogy. This is wonderful news to me.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

this is awesome thanks for telling everyone!!!! it has been so long(since the early 2000s) when I saw the original gundam series. I remember sneaking into a doctor's office and just getting the tv remote and watching one episode when I was a little kid
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
lalahsghost

Heads up, 3 days remain 'til Youtube removal~

{/shameless bump}
LightningCount

I watched Part 3, which was the only one I hadn't seen. (Saw the first two back in the early 2000s before the TV series aired in North America). I have to say, despite some rushed elements, it was really good. I wish there was a comprehensive list about the changes between the TV and Movie versions, because I found myself confused over what animation was new and what was old. There was clearly some great new stuff in here, though. As I get older, I appreciate 0079 as a whole more and more. It really is a classic tale, and I have to imagine that The Origin plays off that well. But also, I can't help but feel that its UC TV sequels, while they added and innovated a lot of things, they maybe didn't utilize everything that was built up in 0079. Like Sayla just dropped off the face of the earth, it seems.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Dark Duel

As I understand it, the 0079 compilation movies were actually made a very short time after the series originally aired, so there wouldn't be a really obvious visible difference between old and new footage the way there was with the Zeta ANT movies.

EDIT: Yeah, a quick online search tells me the series originally aired between 1979 and 1980, while the movies were released between 1981 and 1982. So it would be almost impossible to differentiate visually between old and new footage.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
LightningCount

Dark Duel wrote:As I understand it, the 0079 compilation movies were actually made a very short time after the series originally aired, so there wouldn't be a really obvious visible difference between old and new footage the way there was with the Zeta ANT movies.

EDIT: Yeah, a quick online search tells me the series originally aired between 1979 and 1980, while the movies were released between 1981 and 1982. So it would be almost impossible to differentiate visually between old and new footage.
Maybe I'm forgetting how good the animation was in 0079 (been a long time since I saw the TV series, especially the later episodes), but it looked to me like there were sequences with a notable amount of extra animated frames compared to others in this third movie (more resembling Zeta Gundam in some senses; though, obviously not sticking out like a sore thumb, since Zeta was in 1985). Clearly there was a new demise sequence for Dren, and new machines like the Zeong, Core Boosters, and I think a second Guncannon. So, while it would take an immense amount of effort, I could imagine a comprehensive list being made of the additions/changes. In the end, I'm just wondering if the TV series had the same visual impact as this third movie for its ending battles. I don't have the series handy, though it's on my list of things to get at some point.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Quiddity

I can't remember where I heard it, but I thought that the third movie was something like 2/3 to 3/4 reanimated footage? Just off the top of my head, many of the key scenes including Dren's death, Amuro's meeting with Lalah, Amuro's dad falling down the stairs, Char and Sayla's reunion in Texas colony, a bath scene with Sayla, Gihren's death and the final scene were completely reanimated or new footage.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.