It's Gundam Wing's 20th anniversary

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
teslashark

Re: It's Gundam Wing's 20th anniversary

AmuroNT1 wrote:
teslashark wrote:I always wanted to see the Wing five fighting for Char in his second Axis war, but no official crossovers ever did that.
Well, it doesn't happen because there's no way it can make any sense if you're using the characters' actual personalities and motivations. Even EW-era Wu Fei wouldn't be up for it, since he simply thought that soldiers like himself couldn't exist without war, while Char claimed to bring peace by forcing all humans to become Spacenoids and later Newtypes. The only way it could work is with the rather flimsy justification of "The boys and Char all claim to fight for the colonies".
That's good enough for a SRW or Monoeye plot! They are not told everything during the Operation Meteor period either. There's plenty of oppurtunities for them to be tricked - Axis drop basically is the real Operation Meteor.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
AmuroNT1

But that was part of the point of Endless Waltz - the boys (AND their mentors) rejecting the original Operation Meteor because of how much death and destruction it would cause. For them to go along with Char's plan for any period of time would require them to be rather thoroughly duped...which would have the side effect of making them look kinda dumb.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HalfDemonInuyasha

AmuroNT1 wrote:But that was part of the point of Endless Waltz - the boys (AND their mentors) rejecting the original Operation Meteor because of how much death and destruction it would cause. For them to go along with Char's plan for any period of time would require them to be rather thoroughly duped...which would have the side effect of making them look kinda dumb.
Yeah, it would require them to get quite mentally broken like Quatre got before getting controlled by the Zero System.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
zerogradius

I had never even heard of Gundam before Wing aired, and I'm glad it did. I've probably seen every episode at least ten times, though it has been years since I last saw it. I probably would never have seen MSG, Zeta and Victory were it not for Wing.
Henyo

LightningCount wrote:
Henyo wrote:wing was followed up by G, the X. and surprisingly enough, it turned out well that one would expect.
Yeah, how was that experience of seeing G and X right after Wing? It seems logical, and that it would be a lot of fun.
yup. it was fun. and Narmy. G Gundam and X also have a spot in the hearts of Filipino otakus from the 90s. and they aren't hated or ignored(unless of course the otaku in question watched the entries before these three back then.)

i just realized that i have never fully finished any version of wing. and yet i've watched both OVA and movie version of EW. gotta fix that.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!