Updated Mobile Suit Gundam Timeline

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeph Merquise

Updated Mobile Suit Gundam Timeline

I'm a relative newbie here on Mecha Talk but after doing some searching I haven't been able to find a topic that is relatively recent. Is there any opposition of attempting to create a central Mobile Suit Gundam timeline thread?

I've been watching G-Reco regularly and am thoroughly confused in trying to figure out how RG (Reguild Century) ties into UC and possibly Turn A's CC.

Any comments or points into the right direction are greatly appreciated!
AmuroNT1

Re: Updated Mobile Suit Gundam Timeline

I don't think there's been any more specific statements than "RG takes place after UC" and "CC takes place LONG after UC, and everything else".
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Deacon Blues

There is that one chart that fans seem to flock to that spells out where certain series of the Gundam franchise may lie in relation to one another, but there is no "real" correlation among them. It's best to just leave them alone as stand along series with "homages" to other works rather than trying to weave them all together.
Kyuzo Aoi

Anyone knows of DyarStraights? I remember that site is still updated every year. So after G-Reco ends perhaps the author will revise it. He added the events from Unicorn.
I am a Gundam!
Deacon Blues

^ He "creatively reworded" part of my Unicorn timeline that I posted on here a while back. Wasn't too pleased about that. Not sure if he's since fixed it or not.
bilbros

What puzzles me more about that "Universal Century Master Timeline" - besides some a bit unusual name spellings - is the event listed for U.C.0099:
EFF O-2 Gwydion “Gwyn” Lenore defeats renegade Neo Zeon “Aquila Corps” commander O-5 Mabban Kirov (“Zack the Knife”) amid the ruins of Solomon (L5).
I have no idea from where this might come from... albeit I suspect it can be some sort of fanfiction.
Surely it doesn't refers to the manga Moon Crisis wihch, as far as I can recall, is the only production focusing on U.C.0099.
toysdream

Yeah, that's actually from a fan comic I did for an English-language Gundam 'zine back in the 1990s.

-- Mark
bilbros

Interesting! Thanks for the info :)

Back to the initial questions of Zeph Merquise, you surely already noticed the inside Mecha Talk links included in the "Timelines analysis and notes" section of this thread. Well, those are a good starting point to deepen the matter. By the way, they'll let you know how much hard could be to have a consistent timeline, especially due to native "faults" both in the original and subsequent sources...
toysdream

The horror that is the official chronology for Zeta and ZZ has certainly reduced my enthusiasm for working on Gundam timeline stuff. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am by the shoddiness of the current official timeline. :-\

Not to mention that the Japanese publications still keep listing the Entertainment Bible 39 chronology for the battle of Loum, even though the filmed works have made it pretty clear there was no second colony drop attempt. It's like they're not even trying anymore...

-- Mark
Deacon Blues

Unless of course they do shoehorn that into the story somehow... :/