The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

Dark Duel wrote:No, IMO the worst character since Lacus Clyne (specifically GSD Lacus) is still Kio Asuno.
Haven't had the time to watch the ep yet, but I've seen some stuff about it, and I'm looking forward to it. Will probably chime in again tonight after watching.
I guess that depends on which Kio you're talking about:
The AGE-3 Kio or the AGE-FX Kio?

Also, Kio would still be better than Kira Yamato AND Lacus Clyne, the purity sues.
Compass wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:Guntank in space? I-

:evil: *flips table*
It drives through space on the rage of the haters.
And thrusters on it's bottom.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

*Amion walks into the room and turns on computer, certain in is snobbery that he will hate the last episode of TRY and enjoy a good, cathartic flame post utterly deconstructing TRY for the wasted waste of time that it was to him, wastefully...

Amion then proceeds to watch episode*

And now I'm here.

Ahem. HOLY HEAVEN! :shock:

That was the most amazing episode I've ever watched. It ties completely with the final episode of Build fighters. In fact, it makes the whole series worth it, just for how it has fun and essentially does everything it should have been doing aaaalll along.

Oh my gosh, I'm lost in the afterglow of this episode. It's supremacy cannot be described in a logical and orderly fashion.
Spoiler
Where to begin? Minato's entry and the hilarity that ensues simply blew me away with the audacity. His character sure did pay off. In a spectacular way. I feel sorry for Fumina, but it was just so funny I couldn't help but love it.
The Kamiki should have been the upgrade to Build Burning. Same with that Zeta. Simply indescribably beautiful and awesome. I don't think I've seen such an awesome machine in ages. The Kamiki is just that cool to me. Plus, it's a God Gundam homage! *Screams and faints*

*Amion then sailed into oblivion, happy and hopeful for Build Fighters' future*
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Destiny_Gundam

A fun finale. Had me laughing quite a bit.

The biggest problem with Try is that it's a step down from the original in a lot of ways. The scale is smaller and the plot is limited to strictly the tournament itself. Rival characters are relevant briefly as opponents and not much beyond that which is what happens in single elimination tournaments. Build Fighters' world tournament set up of various mini-games gave the perfect opportunity for characters to shine without risking anyone being knocked out of the story. The additional plot line of the Arian business also really added to the show.

Try is much more basic and traditional but it's still a good enjoyable show taken on its own. The heart of season 1 is retained, and that is the most important part, but they could have done more with it.

Still managed wiped the floor with that other Gundam show, though.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
gunform1010

So... did Sekai build a entirely new piece with Shia? B/c the TRY Burning shows up in the clubroom...
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Destiny_Gundam

Sekai said it was totally original. It's not a modded Build Burning.
Mythgarr

Leopard Da Vinci.
Xi.
LIGHTNING ZETA!

BRING IT ON, BANDAI! MY BODY IS READY!
Visit The Dreams
AmuroNT1

As funny as the whole thing with Super Fumina was, it does make Minato look really skeezy. Especially when he makes that remark about it "casting off" when taking damage. I will agree with ANN's reviewer that at least nobody said Fumina was over-reacting or told her to calm down.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
gunform1010

AmuroNT1 wrote:As funny as the whole thing with Super Fumina was, it does make Minato look really skeezy. Especially when he makes that remark about it "casting off" when taking damage. I will agree with ANN's reviewer that at least nobody said Fumina was over-reacting or told her to calm down.
The Super Fumina is an abomination. Period.

IRL we can also just settle for Fumi's bishoujo figure. :mrgreen:

The Kamiki's sword is justice, in other news. :mrgreen:

YokozunaBulldozer

Mythgarr wrote:Leopard Da Vinci.
Xi.
LIGHTNING ZETA!

BRING IT ON, BANDAI! MY BODY IS READY!
I will cry on a rainy night with sad music playing if they web exclusive it.

gunform1010 wrote:
AmuroNT1 wrote:As funny as the whole thing with Super Fumina was, it does make Minato look really skeezy. Especially when he makes that remark about it "casting off" when taking damage. I will agree with ANN's reviewer that at least nobody said Fumina was over-reacting or told her to calm down.
The Super Fumina is an abomination. Period.

IRL we can also just settle for Fumi's bishoujo figure. :mrgreen:

The Kamiki's sword is justice, in other news. :mrgreen:
Probably web exclusive s.h. figuarts release. And I would not be surprised if someone does replace the head with Master Asia's and post it for all of us to go blind.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Lord Dearche

Watching it agian, I semi-take back what I said earlier! Worst episode ever for the 23rd out of 24th time!

IT had all these great battles, but none of them meant anything because they never showed any conclusions!

Yuuki vs Ass itch 35: Nothing shown (He should ask Adou's doctor to take a look while he's there)

Lady vs the Ladies: Nothing shown

Sleggar vs Gary: Nothing shown

The cows brother vs Straight Assembly Shouta: Nothing shown and we didn't see the latter two at all in the battles.

The Harlem Globe Trotters vs 5 Larry Birds?: Never shown.

Sei?: Never shown but I love this one because it crushed so many peoples hopes!
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:Watching it agian, I semi-take back what I said earlier! Worst episode ever for the 23rd out of 24th time!

IT had all these great battles, but none of them meant anything because they never showed any conclusions!

Yuuki vs Ass itch 35: Nothing shown (He should ask Adou's doctor to take a look while he's there)

Lady vs the Ladies: Nothing shown

Sleggar vs Gary: Nothing shown

The cows brother vs Straight Assembly Shouta: Nothing shown and we didn't see the latter two at all in the battles.

The Harlem Globe Trotters vs 5 Larry Birds?: Never shown.

Sei?: Never shown but I love this one because it crushed so many peoples hopes!
You really want to rub it in don't you. :evil:

Well, after Reco's insane ending, this insane ending is ok too.

Lord Dearche

But that's the thing! None of it ended! It was all unconclusive!

There is no emoticon, for the rage I am feeling!
http://i.imgur.com/6nr4mtO.jpg

Also Popeye Bearpimp.
http://i.imgur.com/lzj3CTz.jpg
gunform1010

Lord Dearche wrote:But that's the thing! None of it ended! It was all unconclusive!

There is no emoticon, for the rage I am feeling!
http://i.imgur.com/6nr4mtO.jpg

Also Popeye Bearpimp.
http://i.imgur.com/lzj3CTz.jpg
They only had Karima get rekt again. Ah well.

Ah, so I wasn't the only one to notice that Bearrguy either. Damn it, Mirai was too busy to fix her Mama Bearrguy wasn't she? :evil:

Destiny_Gundam

Lord Dearche wrote:IT had all these great battles, but none of them meant anything because they never showed any conclusions!
The conclusions didn't matter, though. That wasn't the point. The point was everyone got together and was having fun. Who won and who lost is irrelevant.
Calubin_175

I liked how Try ended at a high note with a fun centric Gunpla Fest episode much like Gunpla Eve from season 1. Both of these episodes highlighted the FUN and leisure carefree aspect of the hobby.

This is in stark contrast to what I hated the most about the certain points in build fighters especially in Try. I really hated it when they fought so seriously that it was like a matter of life and death(Sekai's stupid assimilation) and they strive to wreck the opponent's Gunpla or else their futures would be ruined. It is just a hobby, though treated as a professional sport(like Korean Starcraft). I am just personally against anime that endorses such obsessions. Sword Art Online has it worse by killing the real life person if they die in the game.

Obviously the show has some other purposes but it is just a kids show. Jump Comics shounen fighting genre style kamehameha beam and punch power struggles just ruined it for me as it is all about raw power rather than dodging and aiming skills.
Lord Dearche

Well that's the problem with Try. Build Fighters was a real gundam show, it just involved Gunpla and wasn't so serious. It was made for the older gundam fans by older gundam fans., hence all the gags, call backs and references that most kids wouldn't recognize.

Try? Try was a crappy generic shounen cliche show made to entertain 10 year olds after they sold out to the networks and sponsors to try and make it appeal to children in any way possible.

"Oh! Let's have a generic character that's good at everything instantly! and he can magically pull off these super moves that no one else can to make him look cool and unique! And he never loses! Also he's always right, and gets everything handed to him!. and etc etc etc till the cows come home.
Chris
Administrator

Lord Dearche wrote:Well that's the problem with Try. Build Fighters was a real gundam show, it just involved Gunpla and wasn't so serious. It was made for the older gundam fans by older gundam fans., hence all the gags, call backs and references that most kids wouldn't recognize.

Try? Try was a crappy generic shounen cliche show made to entertain 10 year olds after they sold out to the networks and sponsors to try and make it appeal to children in any way possible.

"Oh! Let's have a generic character that's good at everything instantly! and he can magically pull off these super moves that no one else can to make him look cool and unique! And he never loses! Also he's always right, and gets everything handed to him!. and etc etc etc till the cows come home.
Boy there sure is a lot of angry fanboy ranting in here. You complained endlessly about a show that no one ever forced you to watch. Sold out to the networks and sponsors? Build Fighters was a "real Gundam show" by comparison? You're just making up stuff now that has no proof and sound ridiculous in the process. The Gundam franchise is and always has been a toy commercial designed to satisfy those "networks and sponsors" you speak of, in case you hadn't noticed.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Strike Zero

Lord Dearche wrote:Build Fighters was a real gundam show
Define "real Gundam show" pls, because I have a hard time believing that somebody would seriously group the Build Fighters series in the same vein as other shows like Zeta, 00 or even G.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kuruni

Lord Dearche wrote:Well you should have realized it'd fall on April Foos. XD
Just to nitpick, people make joke on April Fool, and reveal it later. You make joke before April Fool but reveal it then, either that you have no idea about it and deserve a foot in ass, preferable where sun doesn't shine (and make your hemorrhoids burst in progress)...or you're Ruassian and play in in reverse, in that case, you should to be sent to gulag, your family killed by KGB, and your house bulldozed to make room for new glorious tractor factory. All for play a captitalism prank.
My girlfriend was a loli.
BrentD15

Strike Zero wrote:
Lord Dearche wrote:Build Fighters was a real gundam show
Define "real Gundam show" pls, because I have a hard time believing that somebody would seriously group the Build Fighters series in the same vein as other shows like Zeta, 00 or even G.
If it has "Gundam" in the name and is brought to us by Bandai and Sunrise, it's Gundam. 8)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25