Winter 2015 Anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vent Noir

Winter 2015 Anime

https://livechart.me/winter

I'll be checking out:

Yuri Kuma Arashi
Fafner: Exodus
Rolling Girls
Junketsu no Maria
Isuca (maybe)
Go! Princess Precure

What about the rest of you?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Strike Zero

Re: Winter 2015 Anime

I predict that Doamaiger D will be a strong contender for AOTS. :lol:

I'll also be checking out Kantai Collection. Because Kantai Collection.

Yoru no Yatterman will probably be worth looking into as well.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Ryujin

I'll be checking out...22 shows out of the 36 on the list.

Welp.
Dark Duel

I guess I would be at the exact opposite extreme, as there's only one tile on that list that caught my eye, which is the new Fafner series.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Let's see...

Tokyo Ghoul Root A - because I love the manga.
Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus: I dare say that the story is just getting better with every passing addition to the series.
Durarara x 2: The first season started strong and ended badly by focusing on the wrong characters. Maybe they can improve upon the setting and actually give us more of ANY besides the highschool kids.
Aldnoah Zero Season 2: First one was fun and fairly enjoyable.
Kuroko No Basket season 3: So FUN!

The Psycho Pass movie is on the list...but since I am going to wait for a US release to buy it, I guess that doesn't count.

And that is pretty much it. Not too much...and all of it is sequels...But whatever.... Winter season is never big for me anyway.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
LightningCount

Really looking forward to Fafner Exodus...but it looks like it's not going to get any kind of major streaming support. (By appearances, I'd say this franchise just keeps getting better, but it is not really very popular outside of Japan it seems. It's interesting that the creators are sort of being able to put into fruition what they wanted for the series a decade ago in interviews.)

Death Parade and Durarara Season 2 have me somewhat intrigued, as well. The former seems to have some interesting nuances/potential to it at first glance. As for the latter, I liked the first half of its first season, but the latter half didn't sit as well with me overall.

I doubt I'll get much time with any of these, though, because I'm still way behind. I'm two episodes into Majestic Prince and one episode through Aldnoah Zero Season 1. (And on that note, Aldnoah Zero Season 2 might be of interest going forward also, but it's too soon to tell right now for me.)
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Henyo

precure is a given for me. the only once i'm not going to watch are those that are really hyped. there are exceptions of course.(Aldnoah 2 is one of them.) also not watching are those 2nd season whose 1st season i either dropped or did not watch.

oh yeah, almost forgot about Yuri Kuma Arashi. Ikuhara madness at the start of the year! WOOO!
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Raikoh

I probably won't be watching much this season. A lot of sequels to stuff I haven't seen (or I have seen and it was crap) and light novel adaptations (I might have mentioned my general distaste for light novel stuff).

Fafner is the first thing that comes to my eyes, since I rather enjoy the franchise and I've seen all the previous installments (last year).

Doamaiger is the next thing that catches my eye, especially since I've been craving some oldschool Super Robot goodness.

I always have room for bite-sized anime, so I think I'll watch Military!

And I might check out Junketsu no Maria.

Sooner or later I'll see Durarara, but I enjoyed the dub so I think I'll wait for that.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
SonicSP

Aldnoah Zero is pretty much the only one I'm following. I want to follow Durarara, but I watched it dubbed when I studied in the States at my anime club so I probably won't be able to get that till they make a fun and then import it over here.
YokozunaBulldozer

I am planning to check out DurararaX2.
Yoru no Yatterman looks fun because of the twist that we get from the get go.
Also anticipating the new season of Gatchaman Crowds.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
VR7

Right now I'm keeping up with pretty much just continuations of Fall 2014 anime:
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
  • Aldnoah.Zero
  • Garo: Honoo no Kokuin
Curious why Garo isn't listed there, since it is still airing right now. My guess is that the skip between seasons was not that long in comparison, only about a week or two IIRC.

Too bad Unlimited Blade Works doesn't come back until April.
-noel