Vertical Inc Gundam manga survey

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

Vertical Inc Gundam manga survey

Vertical Inc has posted a brief survey to gauge interest in what Gundam series they should release in 2016 after finishing work on The Origin. As per their Twitter page, they're generally only looking at titles published from 2007 and onward. So that specifically means no original Crossbone and no license rescue for Ecole du Ciel.

Please make sure to take the survey and make your opinion heard.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KM537P
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Erisie

Re: Vertical Inc Gundam manga survey

they're generally only looking at titles published from 2007 and onward. So that specifically means no original Crossbone and no license rescue for Ecole du Ciel.
That's a tight cutoff line. Anyway, that includes (among others):
  • Bonds of the Battlefield
    Thunderbolt
    Unicorn (Novel)
    Unicorn (Bande Dessinee)
    Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 -The Wrath of Varuna-
    The Plot to Assassinate Gihren
  • Endless Waltz: The Glory of Losers
    Frozen Teardrop
  • SEED:Re
  • 00P
    00N
    00V (artbook/light novel)
    Awakening of the Trailblazer (Manga)
    Awakening of the Trailblazer (Novel)
    00I
    00I 2314
  • Super-Class! Mobile Fighter G Gundam: Shinjuku/Undefeated of the East!
    Super-Class! Mobile Fighter G Gundam: Erupting Neo Hong Kong!
  • Gundam EX A/VS
zetatype

I don't know how feasible it would be but I would really love to see the Gundam Unicorn manga adaptation localized. 0083 Rebellion and Beltorchika's Children would also be nice but considering how far those titles are from completion I doubt there would be enough material for a consistent release schedule.
Destiny_Gundam

Chris wrote:no license rescue for Ecole du Ciel.
Shame, that's the only title I care about.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dark Duel

zetatype wrote:I don't know how feasible it would be but I would really love to see the Gundam Unicorn manga adaptation localized. 0083 Rebellion and Beltorchika's Children would also be nice but considering how far those titles are from completion I doubt there would be enough material for a consistent release schedule.
I concur with all three of those. Especially BC.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
zetatype

Chris wrote: As per their Twitter page, they're generally only looking at titles published from 2007 and onward. So that specifically means no original Crossbone
If they are not considering the original Crossbone Gundam manga then are there any stand alone Crossbone entries that would be viable for localization? Seems weird they would list Crossbone Gundam when the primary manga doesn't make the cut off. Or is Vertical willing to make an exception for certain series?
wielder

I believe that The Plot to Assassinate Gihren would be an interesting pick, since it is closer to the subject matter and time frame of The Origin than some of the other suggested titles.

Outside of that, I'm just genuinely interested in what options Vertical utlimately decides to go with.
Soul Eater, the True Rune