Bishojo Robot Anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Henyo

Bishojo Robot Anime

i liked that term that Ange used! anyways, how many have you watched? and liked?(same goes for ze Yuri, subext or not. :twisted: )

here are some of the series i classify as such:
Shattered Angels(Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
Idomaster Xenoglossia
S.T.R.A.I.N(Soukou no Strain)
Iczer series
Cross Ange
Jinki Extend
Kannazuki no Miko
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Vent Noir

Re: Bishojo Robot Anime

Seen all of those except Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora.

Others I can think of:

Power Dolls
Rinne no Lagrange
(I guess Magic Knight Rayearth would count, too)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Ryujin

Bubblegum Crisis would fall into that purview, even though they're not in giant robots.
Raikoh

Depending on your definition, you could also argue things like Symphogear or Ore Twintail and the like are mecha series.

Though if we're using Cross Ange as the frame of reference, what falls under the category of general "bishoujo robot anime"? Is it exclusively mecha series starring female characters? Does it need to have more shoujo elements? Where would that put, for example, Escaflowne? It's a mecha series with a female main character and aimed heavily towards women. Except the girl isn't the main pilot. How about Dancouga Nova, which is a traditional super robot show that happens to have a female protagonist? What about Cakegirl, which is on paper a mecha series but where the robots are all tangential to the plot? Or how about something like Nadesico or Vandread or Gravion, where the main characters are male but the majority of the supporting cast is female? Do they get instantly disqualified?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Henyo

if it were me i'd limit it to those with giant mechas. and they should at least be important to the plot.

going by this, Godannar would fit. i can't find cake girl on ANN. is it an american manga? game?
i'm curious. even an image link will do. :D
Raikoh

Cakegirl is just the colloquial name for Sora o Kakeru Shoujo (Kake Shoujo -> Kake Girl -> Cakegirl) since it's damn hard to find a convenient way to shorten the name.

It's... Pretty bad. It sets itself up like a quirky romantic comedy but ends up trying to be... I don't even know what. The character who garners the most sympathy is expected to be seen as an absolute monster by the audience.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Henyo

Raikoh wrote:Cakegirl is just the colloquial name for Sora o Kakeru Shoujo (Kake Shoujo -> Kake Girl -> Cakegirl) since it's damn hard to find a convenient way to shorten the name.

It's... Pretty bad. It sets itself up like a quirky romantic comedy but ends up trying to be... I don't even know what. The character who garners the most sympathy is expected to be seen as an absolute monster by the audience.
ah! i watched and enjoyed that show. Fukuyama Jun at his hammiest. i just call it sora kake.(now that i think about it, this kinda sounds like an H term. 8) ) this is one of those shows where you have to have absolute zero expectations. i just watched it on a whim see.

LEOPARDO OCTOPADA!