The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

I think they do it on purpose for Destiny, since it's straight-built without paint.
My girlfriend was a loli.
YokozunaBulldozer

Expect to see the 3rd Meijin's new gunpla soon
Spoiler
the Gundam Amazing Red Warrior based off Plamo Kyoshiro's Red Warrior
Gunpla will be released in Japan on January 2015
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
monster

Kuruni wrote:He though that after end the first season with World Championship, the sequel should scaled down to just U-19 league, with no adult in official match, and somehow drag that that to 25 episodes.
I see. Well, it depends. There may be adults at the tournament, but they are probably in their separate age division(s), at least for the All-Japan tournament. Even if they end up reaching some sort of a world tournament, the age divisions may exist there too as part of the new organization by Yajima Trading.

So even if there are adults in the tournament, our heroes may not face them in an official match.
gunform1010

The Red Gundam for sure is Meijin Kuntala's ride? :o
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
AmuroNT1

HellCat wrote:I wish the art quality would improve. MS constantly look doughy and this week it really let down what should have been a turning point for the show. Pretty sure Destiny looked better in its own show 10 years ago. It's like the new director doesn't understand or care about fight scenes and thinks the sheer presence of mecha cameos is good enough.
This is more an endemic problem with the current anime industry as a whole, rather than something unique to Build Fighters. It's become increasingly common for productions to get kind of lazy with the artwork in order to meet deadlines, then spiff things up for the DVD/BD release. Need I remind anyone of 00's Q-tip people?

Also, to be completely honest, lately it's really started bugging me how people seem dedicated to creating scapegoats in entertainment, as if one person is single-handedly responsible for every perceived flaw in a creative work. Like how George Lucas' name has become a dirty word to Star Wars fans, how Michael Bay is halfway to becoming the new Boogeyman, and here we have Try's director being strung up. The only way this kind of attitude makes sense is in rare cases where one person really DID handle the entire project by him/herself, such as the Touhou series.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

B-but we need figureheads to shove all the blame to!
HellCat

When a sequel suffers a staff change at the level of director, it's logic to point the finger at them in assuming they're key to the problem. The actual direction of the show is subtle but noticeably different from the first. Given we live in a media heavy age I'm surprised more people don't see it.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
PrissAsagiri UK

To pick up the discussion of Yuuma from a couple pages back... I don't think it helps that in terms of screen time, spotlight, focus, whatever you want to call it, he seems to have received the least attention of the main three. I feel as though the writers are waiting for a chance to expand and develop his character, to explain his motivations in more detail - but until then, they're kind of "treading water" by repeating the same three beats of his character whenever he's called on to speak up ("He's rude to Sekai! He has a crush on Mirai! He's an artistic Gunpla builder!"). Only it doesn't quite work, because repeating those beats doesn't create a sense of mere stasis and room to develop, it instead reinforces those traits as the defining aspects of his character, and one of them in particular - his attitude towards Sekai - is increasingly hard to justify as it grows.

Yuuma's a character who really needs to be in a show where the responsibility for victory is balanced more evenly between the three members of Team Try Fighters, in the same way that you could see how both Sei and Reiji contributed to particular victories in the original series - often one more than the other in any given fight, but you could at least see where their areas of expertise were coming into play. Whereas the writers here have so far not given Yuuma much to do except be a deeply unremarkable warm body filling a hole in the roster, and the talents we've been told he possesses haven't been allowed to count for much. As it stands, his abilities as both a builder and a fighter are largely informed characteristics, compared to how Sekai's talents are visibly demonstrated in every fight, and that makes it harder to sympathise with him.
YokozunaBulldozer

gunform1010 wrote:The Red Gundam for sure is Meijin Kuntala's ride? :o
http://www.gundam.info/topic/11931 Heck yes. ”三代目メイジン・カワグチが使用するガンプラが「ガンダムアメイジングレッドウォーリア」となることが明らかにされた”.

To be honest there are not many significant changes other then some new gear and no Plamo Kyoshiro decals.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Vent Noir

monster wrote:
Kuruni wrote:He though that after end the first season with World Championship, the sequel should scaled down to just U-19 league, with no adult in official match, and somehow drag that that to 25 episodes.
I see. Well, it depends. There may be adults at the tournament, but they are probably in their separate age division(s), at least for the All-Japan tournament. Even if they end up reaching some sort of a world tournament, the age divisions may exist there too as part of the new organization by Yajima Trading.

So even if there are adults in the tournament, our heroes may not face them in an official match.
Well, unless there's a mechanic where high-placed U-19 competitors can compete in the open tournament.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Compass

I'm not a fan of the tone they gave for straight builders (like me q.q)

http://i.imgur.com/xb31zhs.png It's okay Destiny Gundam, I love you not for your pilot, but for youuuuu q.q
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Mythgarr

Well, for Yuuma, I think his plot will be intensified once the big cheeses start to pile up, like when they finally meet with Not-Sleggar, Minato, and Meijin. He is after all a prodigy in both fighting and building, and has a grudge with whoever control Death-Hydra.
The pattern has been obvious, they are fighting all kind of gunpla fans: dedicated marine fighters, straight builders, army-tactic freaks, female fans. Next week they will be fighting rich guys that buy their custom gunpla from others.
Visit The Dreams
Destiny_Gundam

Compass wrote:I'm not a fan of the tone they gave for straight builders (like me q.q)
But it was actually pretty positive. Their love of the game was never treated as inferior, and those that did look down on them got their butts kicked.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dark Duel

Ho...ly...
CRAP.
That had to be the single most BRUTAL bout I've ever seen in this series. I haven't seen a fight this intense since Sei/Reiji went up against Fellini in the first season, and this one was IMO far more brutal.
I LOVED EVERY FRIGGIN' SECOND OF IT!!!
If the series keeps up this kind of level, I'm gonna love it. Aw, who am I kidding, I already love it.
Everything else that could be said has already been said, so all I will add is that I found interesting that the Neo-Zeong that got off-screen-pwned by Not-Sleggar was a custom Neo-Zeong in the literal sense, in that it combined parts from the Neo-Z with the original Zeong, and sported the latter's colors.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Compass wrote:I'm not a fan of the tone they gave for straight builders (like me q.q)
But it was actually pretty positive. Their love of the game was never treated as inferior, and those that did look down on them got their butts kicked.
I think he mean colors tone, which indeed look more dull than usual.
gunform1010

Dark Duel wrote:...
Ho...ly...
CRAP.
That had to be the single most BRUTAL bout I've ever seen in this series. I haven't seen a fight this intense since Sei/Reiji went up against Fellini in the first season, and this one was IMO far more brutal.
I LOVED EVERY FRIGGIN' SECOND OF IT!!!
If the series keeps up this kind of level, I'm gonna love it. Aw, who am I kidding, I already love it.
Everything else that could be said has already been said, so all I will add is that I found interesting that the Neo-Zeong that got off-screen-pwned by Not-Sleggar was a custom Neo-Zeong in the literal sense, in that it combined parts from the Neo-Z with the original Zeong, and sported the latter's colors.
We need more intense battles like that! Next a sniping battle?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Compass

Kuruni wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
I think he mean colors tone, which indeed look more dull than usual.
Yeah. I meant how the "unpainted" Gundams look visually grayer. Heck, even the Burning didn't look so hot in this one.

http://i.imgur.com/7vvX9ru.png

The reds and blues on the Destiny and the Burning should be about the same, but you get the sense that the one on the left is desaturated and darker. The represented "unpainted" gunpla appears to be plain, when we all know that even unpainted gunpla in most cases, with the great color mixing, come out vibrant.

Anyways, this is what I personally felt like that scene should have looked like. Added about +20 saturation, and IMO, definitely matches the vibe of both the Gundams more.

http://i.imgur.com/Ym443xC.png
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
HellCat

Maybe Shimon uses Gunpla made by Bandai America or Europe.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Mythgarr

all Gunplas are made in japan. That's how Bandai promote it anyway.
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

Most likely ship from China... :mrgreen: