Code Geass Akito OVA 3/4 in 2015

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Re: Code Geass Akito OVA 3/4 in 2015

PV for OVA 3 finally coming this Friday 19th
balofo

PV translation

Suzaku: Year 2017 in the Imperial Calendar. The Holy Britannia Empire invaded the European Union...
Lelouch: E.U.'s raid unit that is called by the codename "Ghost of Hannibal."
Text: The trap of a genius strategist
Klaus: I heard that they joined forces with an officer from Britannia...
Leila: It was a special, gold-colored nightmare.
Shin: Akito...
Akito: ...Brother...
Text: A fated reunion
Lelouch: The emperor only wants victory.
Old gypsy woman: You poor thing... You poor thing... You've been put under a curse, haven't you?
Leila: I was the only one who survived...
Akito: I won't make a slip-up like letting my commander die.
Text: The comrades gained, and the people he wants to protect
Yukiya: It's OK.
Ayano: I sure would like to go with everyone to Japan.
Ashley: Is that what you say to me, the head of the Michael Knights!?
Suzaku: The Michael Knights...!
Shin: To the west is the European Union! To the east is the empire of Britannia! In order to survive, we must fight!
Text: And an enemy who reveals his true colors
Text: At this late point in time, what can be protected?
Lelouch: And so, the show begins.
Andrea: You scum...
Klaus: It would be best if we think that the enemy has already found out about our movements...
Old gypsy woman: You met the witch of the woods long ago, didn't you?
C.C.: Do you want to live?
Shin: Die!
Man: You're the same as me.
Lelouch: We are the World Liberation Front "Ark's Fleet"
Akito: I feel like something bad is definitely going to happen...
Leila: I want the power to live on my own.
Text: He becomes strong because he wants to protect
Akito: I'm fine on my own.
Ryou: Don't you screw with me!
Text: He becomes strong in order to protect
Jean: Is that... the White Demon!?
Shin: This is the world you wanted.
Suzaku: That's why-!
Akito: That's why I...
Leila: Akito...
Text & Suzaku: Are there still things left to him that he can protect?
Man: That's why... I will kill him...
balofo

10 minute PV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4tYbIXbdFU

Looks amazing, that Lancelot :)
Epic SA-X Guy

If they're going to continue the series, I personally would like to see an 'As we intended it' version of R2.
balofo

Akito OVA 3 spoilers:
Spoiler
-Begins like 10 minute PV until Akito knocks the old gypsy then they go to their camp where they can work and sleep
-Leader gypsy reads Leila's fortune: flashback to when CC saves Leila from the frozen lake and gives her Geass
-Yukiya recovers their ID dog tags info
-Feast in celebration to their return to the castle, Akito and Leila leave the party and tell each their pasts
-Shin had his whole family poisoned, Akito died but was revived somehow
-Akito wants to kill Shin so he can live peacefully
-Leila's true family was killed in a suicide bombing during her father's speech
-W0 returns to the castle and receive orders from Smilas
-Smilas says Leila is similar to Jean d'Arc
-Suzaku refuses to give water to Julius again
-Julius Ark's video from the PV, the video is a dummy of a Sakuradite bomb being dropped in a wind energy plant. Riots through all EU caused by the misinformation
-Coup d'etat against Smilas plotted by 3 subordinates
-Julius orders the Grand Duke to attack now with everything, Duke doesn't want to sacrifice the civilians so he's arrested for treason against Charles
-Suzaku spin kicks Godfroa and finally Shin convinces the Duke to accept his imprisonement.
-Shin plays chess against Julius and loses
-Flashback to Shin wanting to protect someone and to Charles geassing Lelouch
-Julius starts to get unstable, Suzaku tries to take him away but he starts to talk about Rebellion
-Jean and soldiers invade the room to kill them but Suzaku fights back
-Suzaku calls Lancelot through remote control an jumps to the cockpit
-KMF fight as per PV, Suzaku spares Jean
-Shin says Suzaku is like him(killed their parents)
-Shin appears in front of Julius and in the confusion the eye patch falls while Julius faints calling Nunnaly.
-Shin recognizes Julius as Lelouch, prince of Britannia
-Leila's foster brother calls her and she realizes the Ark is a hoax
-Shin in front of noble assembly openly says Julius is Zero and shows the severed heads of Godfroa and Raymond who tried to escape.
-Smilas communication is cut abruptly and the mysterious Geass girl from the PV appears in the monitor
-She mentions space-time shenaningans and atonement. She gave Shin his Geass
-It ends with Shin embracing Alice while they say they love each other
-OVA 4 PV: all battle footage, Ashley's new machine(seems like from Armored Core) VS Alexanders. There's also a new mysterious KMF.
-Leila has never used her Geass, she follows a prophecy to use it only when protecting someone important to her.
balofo

Additional OVA 5 to release this Autumn!

OVA 4 synopsis:

The EU/Euro Britannia war is finally entering its turning point.

Akito who saw through the ruse of Ark Fleet's attack that made the EU fall into anarchy, boards the huge flying ship Galia Grande only to meet his fated rival Ashley starting a fierce battle.

Leila who watched the battle suddenly enters in contact with Akito.

While attempting communication, the W0 castle comes under attack by Euro Britannia while Akito is absent. With no means of defense, Leila watches as the Vercingetorix gallops through the forest with overwhelming power.

While the W0 forces face a desperate situation, back in Paris General Smilas performs a coup d'etat, takes over the EU and announces to the public: Leila is dead!

Shin's despair, Leila's sadness and Akito's fury are swallowed by the gears of fate that begin to turn...
wielder

Well, I think that's all very interesting. I envy those who live in Japan and can watch OVA 3 right now.

It's just too bad there's not too many English-speaking viewers in a position to talk about all the details and spoilers involved. But it is always good to know a certain familiar character isn't suddenly taking over the OVA series, like some might have feared after his introduction. I am glad the new developments seem to be heading in another direction.

Hmm...if that claim about an extra OVA 5 this autumn is true, then OVA 4 must be almost done by now and roughly on time for its July 4th schedule. Which means Sunrise is serious about keep their promise of releasing OVA 3 and 4 much closer to each other. That is a very good thing and matches my previously expressed feelings on the subject.

However, I don't want to speculate about OVA 5's existence (or, for that matter, when it will be released) without more confirmed information. If they manage to premiere a full two chapters this year, I will consider it more than satisfactory compensation for the delays.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
balofo

Chapter 5 is called 愛シキモノタチへ. Director said jokingly that OVA 4 has so much action that they needed another OVA to finish the story.

I'm very happy Sunrise is investing on the Geass franchise
wielder

The official website has confirmed Akito OVA 5 is indeed happening. If they really manage to get three chapters out within a single year, that will be an awesome hat trick.

Of course, I'd rather talk about the actual content of those chapters. But you should already know that.

I am glad that Kazuki Akane has been given more time to brings his vision to the screen, despite his evident inability to handle the budget and scheduling. Even though not all Code Geass fans will care about his interests and priorities, I've enjoyed his take on this property (including the mecha combat, of course, but not limited to that).

Incidentally, here's an interview with the man from only a few days ago (in Japanese):

http://www.b-ch.com/contents/feat_creat ... umber/v20/
Last edited by wielder on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killmikekill

So does anyone know if they will be streaming this to the states like they did Unicorn or Origin?
balofo

killmikekill wrote:So does anyone know if they will be streaming this to the states like they did Unicorn or Origin?
PSN stream in REMOVED only. Should release early June
killmikekill

balofo wrote:
killmikekill wrote:So does anyone know if they will be streaming this to the states like they did Unicorn or Origin?
PSN stream in Japanese only. Should release early June
Okay, good to know. Thanks.
balofo

OVA 4 PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CUY1nAPov8

PSN for OVA 3 starts tomorrow

Takeshi Takakura(高倉武史) added to mecha designer list
wielder

I have a lot of things to say about Akito 3, but I will keep it short unless more folks want to talk about that.

1. The gypsy antics were mildly amusing. It was about time we got a break from the drama. I also enjoyed how they gave us information on the pasts of Leila and, to a lesser extent, Akito himself. C.C. was brought up.

2. If you think about it carefully, Julius Kingsley was used in a way that didn't really break continuity. It does bend things around a little, which might well cause a couple of knee-jerk reactions at a glance, but there are plausible explanations available and he's sort of done now. The Lancelot also looked great in action.

3. It looks like they want to expand and explain parts of the background of Geass by the end of this story. Good news for those who felt the original show kind of dropped the ball there by not telling us enough about it, and presumably bad news for those who think nothing else should be added after the fact.

The latest news:

OVA 4 has just premiered in Japanese theaters, fulfilling the promise of getting two chapters out this year.

But, not too surprisingly at all, the additional OVA 5 will officially premiere on February 6, 2016.
vrj_rrls_2015

Looking forward to the possible Alexander upgrades I love those guys