Does anybody have any information on these manga?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DragoMaster009

Does anybody have any information on these manga?

I'm just wondering if somebody out there has more information than shown in the wikis for these manga: Outer Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam REON, Mobile Suit Gundam in UC 0099: Moon Crisis, Moon Crisis Side Story Highlanders, Enhanced Human Tale: Another Z Gundam Story, and Enhanced Human Tale: MAD WANG 1160.
bilbros

Re: Does anybody have any information on these manga?

If memory serves, a few of the titles you're mentioning were already discussed - more or less - somewhere in the forum; Moon Crisis and perhaps also Outer Gundam are nearly surely among them.

At any rate, I think it would help knowing more precisely what kind of information you're serarching for: e.g. story summaries, mecha/chara listing or else...
DragoMaster009

At the very least story summaries and mecha/chara information. Its just, there seems to be so little information out there despite every other Gundam manga receiving at least bare-bones information.

EDIT: Found one more, Hidden Shadow G. Though that one looks a little loopy to me.
bilbros

Below you can find something that I hope can answer your question... 8)

- Outer Gundam
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12230
Just publication data and a chapter list, but better than nothing; as for mecha listing, the one provided at http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/outer/index.htm is fairly good point to start.
Additional info: originally serialized in 12 parts on Bandai Cyber Comix (from February 1990 to July 1992), it was subsequently released as a single volume. At least rtwo different editions can be found: Bandai Pure Cyber Comix (September 1992) and Mediaworks/Kadokawa Shoten Dengeki Comics (August 2002). In both instances, the order of chapters is altered compared to the serialized one.
A Chinese edition exists as well, divided in two volumes, respectively titled "Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Side Story: Project of Phantom" and "Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Side Story: The Sky Fleet".

- Enhanced Human Tale: Another Z Gundam Story
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=240
The above page contains a mecha listing with some related tidbits.
The derived MAHQ mecha index at http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/anotherz/index.htm

- Mobile Suit Gundam in UC 0099: Moon Crisis
Some useful general info (including story spoilers) at
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11821
Other data, chapter listing and a brief summary at Deacon Blues' own site:
http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=43
And, again courtesy of Deacon Blues (a long quote from the GML Archives, made on a no more reachable MechaTalk thread) here's another story summary:
The story takes place in UC 0099. The main character, Lt. Anderson, has just been transferred to the huge battleship Vectra which carries a platoon of Zeta variants. The Federation is very worry and is trying to disarm it because it is powerful enough to take on the entire fleet.
Meanwhile, Mineva Zabi is now all grown up and once again being put up as the figure head by Neo Zeon leftover from CCA. They conspire with Neo AEUG, which has nothing to do with the old AEUG, to attack and take control of the power plants on the moon. They cut power, shutting down the oxygen manufacturing facilities and hold the entire population hostage. They demand the Fed to hand over Axis and all the Neo Zeon ships that are still there. The president of the Fed (a totally fictional character created by the writer) is forced to give in under the pressure from the other leaders in the Fed who don't want anything to happen to the rich and powerful big shots on the moon.
It turns out the old Zeon discovered a huge geological fault on the moon during the OYW. They originally planed on using it to create an earthquake to destroy Fed bases on the moon, but then they realized it would destroy the moon in the process so the plan was canceled. A member of Neo AEUG (a complete psycho who wants to kill off everyone) somehow finds out about it and is going to carry out the plan. He tries to kill Mineva but she is rescued by Anderson. A battle ensues between the three sides. Our hero and Mineva duke it out with the psycho's Grand Zeong and finally manage to save the day.
In the story Camille is a doctor living on the moon with Fa. Other familiar faces have cameos as well, Judo Ashta and Bright Noah to name a few. ZZ and Nu are mass produce MS of the Fed. I remember seeing a few Quebeley and Zaku III too.
I actually have the manga. It's a very interesting story tbh. Character designs are a tad bit iffy, but the mechanics are great.
MAHQ mecha index at http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/mooncrisis/index.htm is again a good starting point, although not exhaustive, to be nitpicky.

- Moon Crisis Side Story Highlanders
A very brief manga, included as bonus in the second volume of Moon Crisis.
The plot is simple: three days after Lt. Anderson embarked on the Vectra, he partecipates with the other Z Plus pilots to a flight competition; the winner will be choosen as the one to be assigned to the last representative of the Z family, the Plutionius. But from the nearby 5th Orbital Base (a civilian space station) suddenly comes an emergency signal...a group of Zaku IIs is attacking them!
Featuring MSs are: five Zeta-types (MSZ-006C1 Zeta Plus C1, MSZ-006C4 Zeta Plus C4, MSZ-006> Zeta Prompt, MSZ-006PL1 Plutonius), the Vectra and a bunch of Ballute Pack-equipped Zaku IIs.

- Mobile Suit Gundam REON
Originally serialized in MS Saga, it was issued in a single volume by Dengeki Comics on February 1996, with a subsequentl edition on November 2003.
The story is settled in U.C. 0107 and can be considered the last part of a tetralogy together with Outer Gundam, Program Master and Moon Crisis. In fact, all these manga have some common themes (the presence of an advanced AI-possessing MS) and recurring characters (e.g. the UAI company staff and the ubiquitous members of the patrol fleet lead by the former Zeon pilot Efa Galadriel).
Besides the EX-05-U REON itself, this manga is remarkable for featuring a 12-fin funnel equipped RX-93 and a replica of the NZ-000, not to mention the absolutely original Magmax and a Zaku-esque grunt MS which - if I'm not wrong - should be called Zerku.

- Enhanced Human Tale: MAD WANG 1160
Here I would like to quote again Decon Blues, from another "lost" thread of MechaTalk...
強化人間物語 MAD WANG 1160
kyouka ningen monogatari MAD WANG 1160
Cyber-Newtype Story MAD WANG 1160

Originally serialized in MS Saga, MAD WANG 1160 is a manga by Kaoru Morishita. It's a continuation of his previous cybercomics story "Cyber-Newtype Story ANOTHER Z GUNDAM STORY." This time, the story is set in the distant future, departing the normal setting of Gundam. An interesting notation about this work is that the term "Gundam" is not utilized in it, and that since it was created before Turn A Gundam, it holds the claim de fame for having nanotechnology in the story.

Anyways, I thought I'd share some information from the comic that I had in an old text file:

Timeline of Events

UC 0220 - Emigration to the stars begins.
UC 0310 - Solar System Federation established.
UC 0355 - Pan-galactic Republic established.
UC 0559 - Interplanetary war.
UC 1160 - The Solar System Federation goes to an independent state.
UC 1160 - Mobile fortress outer shell under construction.

Brief Summary

Mad Wang 1160 takes place in the year UC 1160, some 912 years after the last Gundam work (In this case, G-Saviour). Three people, Shiva Yips, Decoder S. Wallenstein and Mell Mekanika awake from a cold sleep in each of their colonies and are swallowed up in the Earth vs. the Outer Space Alliance's battle.

Chapter Listing

Chapter.01 - Uno Cominciare -Beginning-
Chapter.02 - Due Muoversi -Movement-
Chapter.03 - Tre Dolere -Pain-
Chapter.04 - Quattro Cambiare -Change-
Chapter.05 - Cinque Ritornare -Return-

** The term 強化人間 kyouka ningen literally means enhanced human. However, according to one of the Data Gundam installments in Gundam Ace, this term is a stand in for 'cyber-newtype'.
I can only add a raw list of mobile suits (or better, AM, Armored Material): Degor, Ghibli, Gunstar, Madwang, plus a ship (the Almagest)

As for Hidden Shadow of G, well, it's basically a collection of ninja stories "acted" by MSs instead of humans...but for me the most surprising thing was that it's said to be set in the Universal Century (an alternative one, of course!)
DragoMaster009

Thanks for all of the help, I just have two more questions: is there any information (besides the basics) for Program Master on this site or anywhere else and are Program Master, Outer Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam REON, Mobile Suit Gundam in UC 0099: Moon Crisis, Moon Crisis Side Story Highlanders, Enhanced Human Tale: Another Z Gundam Story, and Enhanced Human Tale: MAD WANG 1160 are canonical (or what passes for it) to the main UC Gundam timeline?
Xenosynth

I can only answer the second: Only filmed works are official. No manga/novels/etc are 'canon.'
Kratos

And in the case of Moon Crisis, it would explicitly non-canonical, what with it directly contradicting Gundam Unicorn (in regards to Mineva Zabi).
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
DragoMaster009

...let me put my second question another way: are the manga I listed two posts above this one an AU timeline to the general timeframe of not only the filmed works of United Century Gundam, but also sidestories like Sentinel and Crossbones, or can be placed in the UC timeline with reasonable wiggle-room?
Deacon Blues

Given the fact that they were penned at a time where there was no regard whatsoever for continuity... no, they won't work. None of the stories are remotely possible in the universe anyways. Mad Wang... bahaha that was a doozy.