Gundam Seed Side Stories: When?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: Gundam Seed Side Stories: When?

I've no clue as to how reliable it is as a source, but I was going through some scans of the Gundam Perfect File and, rather than October 12 or anywhere close to it, the world guide entry on Break the World places the incident on October 3rd, which means it would have occurred just one day after the Armory One break-in and subsequent pursuit of the Girty Lue.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... cda3df.jpg

Taking into account the timing of events we see on-screen, this isn't nessecarily too unreasonable, though I would say it's a tad fast for the remains of Junius Seven to be able make it from the debris belt all the way to Earth in a matter of just one day.

Then again, this does seem to be the only official data point we have as far as the date goes, so, I dunno. :|
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
toysdream

Re: Gundam Seed Side Stories: When?

That's not wildly unreasonable based on the timing of the animation - well, okay, it is a bit unreasonable - but it's definitely not compatible with the date cited in Meer's diary, so I don't think we can accept it. (Since Meer's diary entry date is cited in the animation, and this date is just more unattributed nonsense from the Fact File series, I think the former certainly overrules the latter.)

If we take the Destiny Astray series into account, during the interval between the Armory One attack and the fall of Junius Seven, Jess and company leave Armory One, relocate to Genesis Alpha, fight the Testament a couple of times, the Outframe is wrecked, Lowe reappears and rebuilds the Outframe into the Outframe D, they fight the Testament again and then abandon Genesis Alpha. All that in one day? Not likely!

-- Mark